Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Di Canio about Danny Wilson in his 2000 Autobiography  (Read 14946 times)
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #45 on: Friday, June 10, 2011, 14:26:34 »

the chairman will always have the final say, so it's unfair to say DW had nothing to do with us signing them.

DW indentified the targets and Fitton did the rest.

I think it's the other way around.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, June 10, 2011, 14:29:25 »

The same person who had more misses than hits with loans

Wilson didn't know how to put a squad together. He just went through as many players as possible hoping to find one that fit. Look at how many left-backs we got through.....

He's obviously good at getting a good squad to play well, but he is incompetent at putting a good squad together.

so you honestly believe DW did nothing at STFC

BANGKOK RED

« Reply #47 on: Friday, June 10, 2011, 14:30:52 »

so you honestly believe DW did nothing at STFC

I've already said that he is clearly very good at getting a good squad team to play well.

*Edited to correct myself
« Last Edit: Friday, June 10, 2011, 14:36:45 by BANGKOK RED » Logged
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, June 10, 2011, 15:10:30 »

Wilson did a great job when he first came in. He got some decent players in on loan and we escaped relegation. Having then lost Cox he then built a team that in March were in the top two and that came within 90 minutes of automatic promotion in a league which included Leeds, Norwich, Millwall etc. People seem to forget this.

Last season he made mistakes, bought too many left backs, we we're short at the CH. But ultimately selling Greer and then Austin when we did are the reasons we went down.

I'm with DV on this one.
ReadingRed

Pragmatist clapper

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, June 10, 2011, 15:16:08 »

Plenty of copies here: http://bit.ly/jQnkYc
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #50 on: Friday, June 10, 2011, 15:16:58 »

Wilson did a great job when he first came in. He got some decent players in on loan and we escaped relegation. Having then lost Cox he then built a team that in March were in the top two and that came within 90 minutes of automatic promotion in a league which included Leeds, Norwich, Millwall etc. People seem to forget this.

Last season he made mistakes, bought too many left backs, we we're short at the CH. But ultimately selling Greer and then Austin when we did are the reasons we went down.

I'm with DV on this one.

In which case he was clearly so heavily reliant on two players that he was useless without them
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, June 10, 2011, 15:29:35 »

Have you moved to Bangkok Norway Red?

I love it that whenever DW appears to have done something good then it was lucky and anything bad was his fault. Ok then.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #52 on: Friday, June 10, 2011, 15:35:33 »

Have you moved to Bangkok Norway Red?

I love it that whenever DW appears to have done something good then it was lucky and anything bad was his fault. Ok then.

Again

I have quite clearly stated he was very good at getting a good team to play well.

I am giving the man credit where it's due. I am also pointing out his faults, or does a man who managed to fail in such epic proportions not have any faults.

Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Friday, June 10, 2011, 15:43:20 »

He obviously does, as do most managers especially at this level. In the end he died on his sword.

Pretty much saying the play off season was lucky is pushing things a bit far though which is why quite a few are aguing with you i think.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #54 on: Friday, June 10, 2011, 16:49:37 »

Fucking internet keeps dying.

What I am objecting to is people saying we got relegated because we sold Greer and Austin.

For me that is way two dimensional. For starters, we were shit even before Austin left. If the absence of two players made such a difference to the manager that we went from promotion candidates to relegation fodder, then that leaves a lot to be said about the manager.

Again what if, for example, Greer got injured with us and was out for the season and we went down as a result. Would people still be as sympathetic?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, June 10, 2011, 17:18:04 »

Whilst we were shit before Austin left - when you've got a goal scorer you've always got a chance. The season Wilson arrived we were floating around near the relegation zone but with Simon Cox in our team we always knew we'd score goals. He did, we did and we finished 15th. Sure we got some alot of 2-2 and 4-3 and what not as we couldnt defend but we always knew we had goals in us. Austin was similar in the fact he always looked likely to pop up and score. No matter how good/bad/ugly/ your team is selling your top scorer is never a good idea.

If Greer had got injured then that would have been down to bad luck. You cant predict injury and the club/manager have no say in whether a player gets a long term injury. Worlds apart from actively agreeing to sell him to another club.

I think people are looking for too many detailed reasons.

Ask yourself this - do you think we would have stayed up if we'd kept Greer and Austin for the season?

BANGKOK RED

« Reply #56 on: Friday, June 10, 2011, 17:22:57 »

Ask yourself this - do you think we would have stayed up if we'd kept Greer and Austin for the season?

I've already said that we probably would have stayed up

But under no circumstances should we have gone down due to the absence of two players, one of which didn't leave until January.

Wilson fucked up monumentally
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #57 on: Friday, June 10, 2011, 17:24:44 »

Hows about this:.........

We went down because Greer and Austin were sold AND Wilson fucked up.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, June 10, 2011, 17:29:44 »

Hows about this:.........

We went down because Greer and Austin were sold AND Wilson fucked up.

Nice compromise mate  Cheesy
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #59 on: Friday, June 10, 2011, 20:36:27 »

Nice compromise mate  Cheesy

It had some impact.

It killed this thread dead Fred
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: