Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 ... 54   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: di canio  (Read 102786 times)
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #645 on: Friday, June 17, 2011, 17:18:17 »

Well I think this settles the "Did Yeo wrote it?" debate.
Cheesy

/
W56196272
Barry Scott

« Reply #646 on: Friday, June 17, 2011, 17:38:54 »

Totally agree. I'm getting a bit fucked off by these people who obviously think they're a better person than me because they give a shit and I really couldn't.

Barry Scott fucking likes this. Smug sanctimony is annoying.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #647 on: Friday, June 17, 2011, 17:43:46 »

I think it's great that Paolo is staying away for a while. He's so clever. He's giving us all time to get to know each other better and do some bonding.

Group hug, anyone?
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #648 on: Friday, June 17, 2011, 18:51:16 »

High 5 maybe?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #649 on: Friday, June 17, 2011, 18:59:37 »

I read WSC and this article has all the hallmarks of the standard premise to get something published by them.

Usual funny WSC opener with link
 ↓
Well written "shame on you"
 ↓
Well written "shame on you"
 ↓
"You're going to hell!"
 ↓
"It's irrelevant anyway because he'll be gone by October"
 ↓
The End
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #650 on: Friday, June 17, 2011, 19:15:47 »

High 5 maybe?

It wouldn't be mistaken for a Roman salute, would it? Be a pity to undo all the good work being done on here.
Christy

Ignore
« Reply #651 on: Friday, June 17, 2011, 20:08:59 »

Interesting article for the 00.01% of fans - (c) Nick Watkins - who aren't di Canio sympathisers.
http://www.wsc.co.uk/content/view/7335/38/

If only 1 in 10000 are anti-di Canio, by latest reckoning our fan-base is threatening Man United's.

Thank you Red Frog for sharing that: my kids have snaffled away this month's copy of WSC, and as another of the 00.01%, I'm always up for a good read which I otherwise might have missed.

I also look forward to seeing the well reasoned responses next month.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #652 on: Friday, June 17, 2011, 21:15:54 »

WSC is the best football magazine on the market. Bar NONE

You saying that just proves my fucking point!

It's All Good..............
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #653 on: Friday, June 17, 2011, 21:29:57 »

I'd like to argue against the statement that the article is well written in so far as it uses some decent punctuation and a healthy dose of intelligent words, but other than that, it would appear to be a rather over simplification of the issue by someone with some issues when it comes to the use those words.

Let us take the section about "cannot possibly compensate for the irreversible damage done to the club's reputation".  In order for such a statement to be used in a way that suggests it is an irrefutable fact it would require some supporting evidence.  As far as I can tell, other than upsetting some people for valid reasons, it has not, thus far, caused anywhere near a level of damage (if any) to the clubs reputation.  Infact, if anything, it has raised or improved the clubs reputation.  Now, some may argue that just suggests the country is full of poorly educated layabouts, but shit happens you know.  If more people like it than dislike it, reputation improved.

I used to like WSC, but it's a pale imitation of what it once was.
« Last Edit: Friday, June 17, 2011, 21:47:20 by RobertT » Logged
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #654 on: Friday, June 17, 2011, 21:40:42 »

I thought the article was bollox - very shallow and with bugger all to back it up in the way of facts.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #655 on: Friday, June 17, 2011, 22:19:06 »

Or perhaps because you don't rate it makes it a decent footy mag?

WSC is an opinion piece and a number of articles contain mistakes and minority opinions - many of which are challenged in the letters pages. I've subscribed for a number of years and am happy to do so even though I don't agree with all the content. Just like I'm not going to give up my Town End season ticket just because I don't like fascism. I still think it is good that WSC continues to be a voice for certain campaigns - such as remaining anti-Franchise and pro-terracing. All publications have an editorial slant - the key is to understand this and not be blinkered into thinking that everything published is gospel.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #656 on: Friday, June 17, 2011, 22:27:34 »

I thought the article was bollox - very shallow and with bugger all to back it up in the way of facts.

So classic journalism then.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #657 on: Friday, June 17, 2011, 22:50:45 »

There's not much too that article tbf. I like the way the prose reads though, and the fact they hardly cover "the big 4".

Things get better but they never get good
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #658 on: Saturday, June 18, 2011, 07:20:52 »

Or perhaps because you don't rate it makes it a decent footy mag?

Oooooh....get her :gay:
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #659 on: Saturday, June 18, 2011, 10:02:43 »

A few pages back someone mentioned The Game Podcast on PDC. I've just listened to it and it's moderately interesting. It's Gab Marcotti, who wrote PDC's bio, presenting and mainly talking. Obviously he's a bit bias, and a fucking shit presenter, but he points out a few new things and has spoken to him recently.

One is that PDC twice came top of his group on his coaching badges in Italy. But he does admit that he is a rampant egotist, very intense and very um... arrogant. He goes over the old ground about giving advice to young pros and being a good trainer.

He is earning less now than when he was a pundit. Also Capello really doesn't like him, nutjob is the word used.

He does talk about politics but I'm not re-opening that can of worms because everyone has their own opinions - and if anyone disagrees they get shouted down.

He seems to think that PDC will make a good manager but hints that everything will have to revolve around him - which could sound a bit McMahon. The same with the bit about being very straightfoward.

It is worth a listen but tolerating Marcotti makes it tricky.
« Last Edit: Saturday, June 18, 2011, 11:20:25 by A Gent Orange » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 ... 54   Go Up
Print
Jump to: