Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 54   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: di canio  (Read 102738 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #570 on: Thursday, June 16, 2011, 16:06:27 »

One slight issue. We don't have a DoF or a chief scout to advise JW. I don't doubt Bodin has an input, I do doubt DiCanio is going to stake his reputation on that with no input.

Could be an agency is doing all the recruiting for us = madness.

Unless you are suggesting Jeremy W is the man performing the talent spotting.

Andrew Fitton likes to think he has great knowledge of football....still on the Board, just no longer chairman.

One things for sure di Canio would know fuck all about the likes of Devera and Smith.
« Last Edit: Thursday, June 16, 2011, 16:08:50 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #571 on: Thursday, June 16, 2011, 16:09:31 »

So, do we not think that any Italian signings will be Di-Canio's work then?
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #572 on: Thursday, June 16, 2011, 16:42:22 »

One things for sure di Canio would know fuck all about the likes of Devera and Smith.

Sorry but do you know that for sure, who's to say what di Canio's knowledge of lower league football is? Surely it's a guess at best?

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #573 on: Thursday, June 16, 2011, 16:44:10 »

So, do we not think that any Italian signings will be Di-Canio's work then?

Maybe the deal is di Canio trys to fix up a couple of Italian players and leaves the rest in-house.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #574 on: Thursday, June 16, 2011, 16:47:14 »

Maybe the deal is di Canio trys to fix up a couple of Italian players and leaves the rest in-house.

........... and maybe not.

I couldn't care less if Janet Street Porter is getting our players, just as long as they do the job.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #575 on: Thursday, June 16, 2011, 16:47:38 »

Sorry but do you know that for sure, who's to say what di Canio's knowledge of lower league football is? Surely it's a guess at best?

OK...I admit it...it was a guess.  Since di Canio has been in Italy doing punditry, he's liked nothing better than to jet in and take in games at Underhill and Bootham Crescent.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #576 on: Thursday, June 16, 2011, 16:53:00 »

OK...I admit it...it was a guess.  Since di Canio has been in Italy doing punditry, he's liked nothing better than to jet in and take in games at Underhill and Bootham Crescent.

So the point still stands, you don't have any idea what Di Canio's football knowledge is, it's a guess. Can you prove that Di Canio hadn't heard of Devera and Smith?

One things for sure...

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #577 on: Thursday, June 16, 2011, 16:54:10 »

........... and maybe not.

I couldn't care less if Janet Street Porter is getting our players, just as long as they do the job.

I hear she's rather an accomplished cone gatherer in her spare time..was All England Champion in her younger days. A little known fact Hmmm
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #578 on: Thursday, June 16, 2011, 17:03:26 »

So the point still stands, you don't have any idea what Di Canio's football knowledge is, it's a guess. Can you prove that Di Canio hadn't heard of Devera and Smith?

no one on this forum actually knows (unless the managers registered?) but I think its pretty safe to say that he doesnt have an encylopedic knowledge of lower league English Footballer.I know most of the forum want to bum him,but try and be a bit realsitic hey.

/
W56196272
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #579 on: Thursday, June 16, 2011, 17:07:09 »

I dont get the Di Canio slating for not being here much. At the end of the day he was working in Italy for the media before he came here. He wouldn't have had a break. Everyone is entitled to a holiday. Just seems like people are moaning for the sake of it. No change there though I guess.
Spencer_White

« Reply #580 on: Thursday, June 16, 2011, 17:09:07 »

In his autobiography he says he had a big fight with Atkinson because he challenged big Ron on only comming to training 1 day a week. He'll be here plenty when it counts.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #581 on: Thursday, June 16, 2011, 17:50:42 »

I dont get the Di Canio slating for not being here much. At the end of the day he was working in Italy for the media before he came here. He wouldn't have had a break. Everyone is entitled to a holiday. Just seems like people are moaning for the sake of it. No change there though I guess.

Ive not even noticed anyone saying what you are saying.As far as im concerned he can do the close season stuff at the end of a phone.If he's not back for the 1st day of preseason training because of other commitments then i'll be moaning.But theres a lot of blind optimism,can't do any wrong delusiuon flotaing around these boards and its staring to get on my moobs

/
W56196272
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #582 on: Thursday, June 16, 2011, 19:00:28 »

I think he needs to be here to help get the players in myself. I dont think there is anyone thats gone to a league two club that we've really 'missed' out on. 10 days till pre season starts. funny how never have enough of the players to start it properly!
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #583 on: Thursday, June 16, 2011, 19:34:11 »

Ive not even noticed anyone saying what you are saying.As far as im concerned he can do the close season stuff at the end of a phone.If he's not back for the 1st day of preseason training because of other commitments then i'll be moaning.But theres a lot of blind optimism,can't do any wrong delusiuon flotaing around these boards and its staring to get on my moobs
I don't think it's he can't do no wrong i think it's more people are having a moan about him not being here when infact every other manager in the country are all away aswell.

Not you Yeo but while as you say some think he can't go wrong there are also others who seem to be having a pop at him for doing what every other manager is doing in the country.

It's fair to say that he probably didn't have a clue who they were but i think it's fair to say he has looked at videos of them and liked what he saw.

I know most have blind optomism but we also have a few here who no matter who he signs will moan,i won't name names but i have seen some on here who when he was appointed said i hope he doesn't just sign italians etc and now when he signs the first 2 are moaning he has signed unknowns.

Anyway i think your moan was more to do with lack of human conversation the last few days  Wink
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #584 on: Thursday, June 16, 2011, 19:35:31 »

i do have to say i'm feeling a little frustrated that he's not been around much, yeah people need their holidays but pdc's never been a manager, has no experience of the lower leagues in england and doesn't know the players we have here, personally, that is. 

it's not as if he'd been in the job before and is just on a break for a couple of weeks, i bet there's quite a few managers who've been at their respective clubs for a couple of seasons who have been around their clubs over the last week or so.  like someone said it would be nice if he was around for negotiations recently or to welcome devera and smith.

i'm not pulling my hair out over it but it does bother me to a degree
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 54   Go Up
Print
Jump to: