Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 54   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: di canio  (Read 102736 times)
REDBUCK

« Reply #345 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 17:03:57 »

I suspect Dorset that even if he made a statement you may not believe him.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #346 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 17:05:04 »

And he'd still be a fascist
Dorset Red

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 17:05:59 »

Why would I disbelieve him? If he says qutie openly he has no anti-Semitic views I would have no reason to question that. I doubt his politics NOT his integrity.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 17:08:01 »

My position is that the man has committed no crime.

Until that changes, I will back him.

I'm not going to add to this argument anymore, it's fucking pointless.

Roll on August.

It's All Good..............
woolster

« Reply #349 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 17:09:09 »

Zzz Zzz Head Hurts Head Hurts Head Hurts
Dorset Red

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 17:11:58 »

My position is that the man has committed no crime.
Except, of course, that it IS a crime to promote nazism in Italy. Some might argue the toss but I think the fascist salute is sailing pretty close to the wind.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 17:15:49 »

Except, of course, that it IS a crime to promote nazism in Italy. Some might argue the toss but I think the fascist salute is sailing pretty close to the wind.

He wasn't prosecuted. If he can do that in front of 1000's, I suggest that the Italian judiciary have a different view of his actions than you.

But, of course, you're right and they're all wrong.

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 17:17:29 »

Bore off Dorset
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 17:19:35 »

Apologist for fascism? Not really.

Being able to see that issues aren't always cut and dried? Absolutely.

Britain has been guilty of some truly heinous crimes in the past, does that mean that anyone who finds areas to admire during the period of Empire a warmongering racist?

Fucking pathetic argument.
Listen Hertha, like lots of people on here, I don't think it's very interesting or relevant to get into a discussion about why fascism isn't all bad, but I'll just say you're heading down a very slippery path if you try to indulge in the moral equivalency argument that everywhere's got things to be ashamed of, so we shouldn't take a stance on anything, even fascism.

I'd have more respect for the view that that's politics, and this is football. It's not my view, but it's more tenable than your argument.

I'll shut up for now if you will.  Mwah

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #354 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 17:22:43 »

Why would I disbelieve him? If he says qutie openly he has no anti-Semitic views I would have no reason to question that. I doubt his politics NOT his integrity.
So if he says he's not anti semitic will that make everything better or will it lead on to "are you anti blacks", "are you anti homosexual", "are you anti gypsy" - actually forget the last one as Prutton was shown the door quick enough.
One question will lead to another and the best thing he can do is shut the fuck up and concentrate on managing STFC - which he appears to be doing. 
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 17:26:07 »

Listen Hertha, like lots of people on here, I don't think it's very interesting or relevant to get into a discussion about why fascism isn't all bad, but I'll just say you're heading down a very slippery path if you try to indulge in the moral equivalency argument that everywhere's got things to be ashamed of, so we shouldn't take a stance on anything, even fascism.

I'd have more respect for the view that that's politics, and this is football. It's not my view, but it's more tenable than your argument.

I'll shut up for now if you will.  Mwah

Take a stance against fascism by all means. Hang someone out to dry for having views that don't match my own? No way. This is about a man for fucksake. What has he actually done that is so despicable? He had the courage (Or stupidity) to voice opinions that are not universally liked. Apart from that (And some salutes that were distasteful) he's done nothing wrong.

For that he should be hounded out of managing a football club? Give me a break.

herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 17:26:44 »

I'll shut up for now.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 18:55:11 »

Other than criminal activity, the only time it becomes relevant for me is if his views started to influence his management of STFC. For example, if Lecs and Manks were left on the basis of being black.

Trying to second guess what the man thinks and how he interprets what fascism is, well that's as pointless as a BA in English literature.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 19:13:04 »

Take it he has he got big arms then.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #359 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 20:32:16 »

So he is racist then aswell as a homophobe? Someone should really tell his ghananian buisiness partner and his best friend who funnily enough is erm gay.

These two can look past his political beliefs as they obviously know the man and the fact they are obviously happy to be around him maybe tells us a bit more about him than a load of men or women bickering on a forum.

It's fucking boring now and by that i mean both sides of the argument
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 54   Go Up
Print
Jump to: