Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 54   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: di canio  (Read 103121 times)
Panda Paws

« Reply #225 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 18:07:38 »

Just watched the presser from start to finish, 25ish minutes. I wasn't convinced but hes won me over completely. Intelligent, entertaining and passionate, and he seems to know exactly what hes doing. He has a plan formulated in his head and is desperate for success.

Only nagging concern is the prominent agent, but cant see that being an issue going forward.

Forza Swindon!
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 18:17:06 »

Where did you watch the press conference ?? On BBC site ?
Panda Paws

« Reply #227 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 18:18:16 »

No, through work. Cant imagine its available in full any where?
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 18:25:29 »

I've seen snippets here and there, wish STFC World would pull their finger out and put it on the OS.
Barry Scott

« Reply #229 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 18:26:29 »

I think the things that I liked most was that he talked of how he always tried to be the manager as a player; he had ideas he always wanted to get across and now he can. I liked his clear expectation to win. The fact he knew what was expected and rather than come across as intimidated by it, he says he's excited by it, which was how it came across.

He's obviously ambitious and is no doubt aware that failure here will cause damage to his career that would take a long time to heal. That speaks volumes about his confidence in both himself and us.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 18:31:11 »

When are the players due back ? Monday 27th June ?
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #231 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 18:31:40 »

I think he's done homework on this league as well

Talking about the physical side. He also says he'd like to get a couple of brainy players who may not be physical themselves, but aren't afraid of the physical stuff.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 18:34:13 »

He's obviously ambitious and is no doubt aware that failure here will cause damage to his career that would take a long time to heal. That speaks volumes about his confidence in both himself and us.

Indeed, one of the things I said in my pro Hamann post was the fact he has nothing to fall back on, so his career is on the line. Di Canio being a first time manager also is in the same boat. Fail at L2 Swindon who else will take you on?

They have to succeed for themselves, unlike say a George Burley who can live off winning manager of the year in 2001 or Peter Taylor managing Leicester in the Premier League.

Di Canio is ambitions and has a desire to win but more importantly it seems Wray shares that ambition and desire to win. Lets hope its infectious and filters down through the whole club.
Spencer_White

« Reply #233 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 19:03:34 »

Obviously physicallity will play a part. But I think the real secret of success in this league will be getting players to have movement off the ball, especially at home.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 19:11:30 »

Indeed, one of the things I said in my pro Hamann post was the fact he has nothing to fall back on, so his career is on the line. Di Canio being a first time manager also is in the same boat. Fail at L2 Swindon who else will take you on?

They have to succeed for themselves, unlike say a George Burley who can live off winning manager of the year in 2001 or Peter Taylor managing Leicester in the Premier League.

Di Canio is ambitions and has a desire to win but more importantly it seems Wray shares that ambition and desire to win. Lets hope its infectious and filters down through the whole club.

Has the appointment of Di Canio done enough to get you to renew DV or are you going to wait and see how the season starts out?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 19:19:09 »

Obviously physicallity will play a part. But I think the real secret of success in this league will be getting players to have movement off the ball, especially at home.

As a matter of interest, what do people think was the reason for success last time we were in this pickle?

For me Wise and Poyet get everyone fit and everyone knowing exactly what their role was and how we were going to play. And the players went with it 100%, perhaps because of who they are and what they have done.

He had a few good players, but not all world beaters. First game starters:

Peter BREZOVAN
Jamie VINCENT                                  
Andy NICHOLAS
Jerel IFIL                                    
Jack SMITH                          
Andy MONKHOUSE                                  
Michael POOK
Curtis WESTON                                   
Ricky SHAKES   
Christian ROBERTS
Lee PEACOCK
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 19:22:24 »

Very impressed with him. One of my all time favourite players aswell. He came across well, he spoke sense and i'm glad he made a point of saying that his political beliefs are his private life and has no impact on how he does in his job. Fantastic.

One thing I did notice is that PDC said when HE got the phone call to come to town he really fancied the challenge. I thought the club were only interviewing candidates that applied. Maybe he applied, got the interview and then was called to say that he got the job. I don't know.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #237 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 19:25:34 »

I thought the club were only interviewing candidates that applied. Maybe he applied, got the interview and then was called to say that he got the job. I don't know.

I think he was saying his agent called him and told him about the job, and he applied
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 19:29:17 »

I think he was saying his agent called him and told him about the job, and he applied

Yeah maybe. Didn't think of it like that.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 19:37:30 »

Di Canio is coming on Radio 5 Live in the next 25 minutes or so.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 54   Go Up
Print
Jump to: