Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 54   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: di canio  (Read 102776 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 17:39:29 »

What about Misun? Was he a freebie?

He's not even a real player is he?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #151 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 17:41:05 »

The board won the pools in February
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 17:42:02 »

Still not 1.5m though.

If the 1.5m is there now - then at a guess it would have been there in January? As far as I'm aware we havent had a windfall since January due to some sort of add on. If JJs figures are accurate then we spent 375k in January.

Obviously not enough to get us out of the trouble we were in.

Of course, the £1.5m figure still has no actual foundation behind it, does it?

Nope. The only thing I can think of is as I say it's the Austin money and we haven't spent any of it. When you take into account the 500k from Greer and Morrison and the 300k we netted back in legal fees from the Diamond Mike court case that would be the money we used to spend on players last season. I guess it all depends if the Austin money was stashed away for bills or summer spending or both. My guess is probably the first one though.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 18:21:59 »

Think it all comes down to how deep the board are prepared to reach in to their pockets, as we lose around £2m a season before transfers are taken in to account. If they are making funds available it's because they're digging deep.

Wouldn't surprise me though - Wray gave the impression they were paying a decent wage for PDC and they'd make funds available to support him. Not sure about £1.5m though, seems way over the top for League Two unless they're going to splash out for a striker (Le Fondre?).
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 18:26:42 »

the 300k we netted back in legal fees from the Diamond Mike court case

I bet Diamond Mike won't pay a penny of any legal fees back to the club. The money they released in the accounts will be a provision just in case they lost the case.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 19:17:32 »

You would not appoint someone of the calibre of Di Cannio and not give him any funds, I expect the board are gambling on increased gates, promotion straight back and increased sponsorship by releasing a few quid to spend.

Over Wilson's time he spent a few quid on players the board always seemed to back him.

We may also be due a few quid from the Cox deal for them staying in the premier and then him making his internation bow for ROI, also if Reading are promoted then we should be due money from the Morrison deal.

The only concerning thing for me is that Di Cannio does not know this level of english football so is not going to be up on the type of player that is required straight away he will need help but I expect we can attract a better calibre of player though, is he really going to decide on who stays and who goes by watching dvd's of last season's games ?
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 19:24:21 »

I think tomorrow's press conference may ease our fears a little.

I can't see him having coaching staff made up solely of Italians. We may hear tomorrow about an assistant.

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 19:34:52 »

I think tomorrow's press conference may ease our fears a little.

I can't see him having coaching staff made up solely of Italians. We may hear tomorrow about an assistant.

You never know. I dare say that he might have an assistant with a first team coach too. The cynic reminds me what happened when Oxford appointed Ramon Diaz who brought in an Argie staff and a few players with little to no success.

Either way, I am very much looking forward to tomorrows press conference.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 20:05:33 »

Sorry, I am new to this place, have watched from afar (Shaw) for years, not sure if this has been covered but scroll down to the bottom of the link and enjoy the comments, one in particular that made me think if there was another 100 like him then the appointment of PDC will be worth every fucking penny.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1388957/Paolo-Di-Canio-new-Swindon-boss.html?ITO=1490
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 20:17:01 by Shaw Rosso » Logged
corner

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 06:33:08 »

Di caino to sign at 1130, live on bbc wilts.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 07:36:35 »

Sorry, I am new to this place, have watched from afar (Shaw) for years, not sure if this has been covered but scroll down to the bottom of the link and enjoy the comments, one in particular that made me think if there was another 100 like him then the appointment of PDC will be worth every fucking penny.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1388957/Paolo-Di-Canio-new-Swindon-boss.html?ITO=1490

Haha that is excellent. I hope it's genuine!

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 08:12:04 »

Di caino to sign at 1130, live on bbc wilts.

Excellent!  That is assuming BBC Wilts dont do the normal and instead of doing the press conference decide to talk about some old biddies shitty paintings!
kaufman

« Reply #162 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 08:14:28 »

It seems some fans from other clubs are already getting their anti-fascist chants together and looking forward to riling up Paolo and the fans next season.
The Atmosphere at the country ground is going to be a slightly different one this year I think.
I just hope fans don't get into arguments and fights because of this or even use it as an excuse.
If only Tickertape was allowed in ground we could create our playoff game vs blackburn in 1990 all over again. The amount thrown that night is something I'll never forgot.
An Oxford home game on a tuesday night would probably be something some of the younger Swindon fans would never seen before in atmosphere and of course the actual fixture Smiley
« Last Edit: Monday, May 23, 2011, 08:16:14 by kaufman » Logged
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #163 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 08:26:13 »

I am hoping like when wise arrived it creates a us and them type atmosphere.
china red

« Reply #164 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 08:29:19 »

If only Tickertape was allowed in ground we could create our playoff game vs blackburn in 1990 all over again. The amount thrown that night is something I'll never forgot.

[/quote]

Remember it like it was yesterday, would be great to get an atmosphere like that again at the CG
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 54   Go Up
Print
Jump to: