Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 54   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: di canio  (Read 102753 times)
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Monday, May 16, 2011, 08:36:17 »

Can we please all stop responding to threads about PDC? It is very boring now, es[ecially as the chances of him becoming our manager seem remote.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Dorset Red

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, May 16, 2011, 08:46:57 »

For fucks, we've done this already.

He DID NOT say he admires Mussolini. I repeat, he DID NOT say it.

Daily Telegraph (of all things!), May 16th 2011

In his generally fascinating autobiography (Collins Willow £16.99), Di Canio has this to say about his political leanings: "Perhaps precisely because I am right-wing, I am fascinated by Benito Mussolini. Remember those mobile phone advertisements where they asked people who they would most like to have a one-to-one with? Ian Wright picked Dr Martin Luther King, my choice would have been Mussolini. I own dozens of Mussolini biographies. I think he was a deeply misunderstood individual."

... Di Canio is discerning enough to describe many of Il Duce's actions as "vile or calculated" and accuses him of "turning against his sense of right and wrong, compromising his ethics to save the country".

Unfortunately, this soft-focus interpretation of Italian history neglects to give due weight to the fact that Mussolini signed a `Pact of Steel' with Hitler in May 1939 and thus helped lead Europe into a war that cost more than 50 million lives. Forming an alliance with a barbarian and psychopath would not be high on most people's list of the best ways in which to "save the country". Di Canio swears that he is "not a racist or a xenophobe" and, in fairness, his political musings do not suggest blind allegiance to the 20th century's most destructive ideology.

MY POINT BEING...you can NOT be a facist without being a racist or a xenophobe.
« Last Edit: Monday, May 16, 2011, 08:52:13 by Dorset Red » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Monday, May 16, 2011, 08:47:21 »

I have said it before and I'll say it again:

I would be astounded if the 'anti Di Canio lobby' is more than a handful of internet based characters. In real life I honestly don't think it is an issue to 99% of our supporters.

I know some of the log ins on here also go to games in real life, but usually with these sorts of things the majority of the outraged typing comes from people who don't actually attend games, so shouldn't be allowed an opinion anyway.

Crash

Its a little different scenario but take Marlon King. Deservedly went to prison for a horrific crime, served his time, villified by a large number of people when he came out but this season was voted Coventry fans player of the season.

I think you are a bit deluded if you think that this is an issue to 99% of our supporters.

I want the best man for the job appointed, whether it is Di Canio, Burley, Bodin.

Of course all are welcome to their oponion but think you are being a bit dramatic!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, May 16, 2011, 08:51:07 »

I'm not sure if you've quoted the wrong post there BO but you seem to have firmly grasped the wrong end of his stick.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Monday, May 16, 2011, 08:51:56 »

Its a little different scenario but take Marlon King. Deservedly went to prison for a horrific crime, served his time, villified by a large number of people when he came out but this season was voted Coventry fans player of the season.

I think you are a bit deluded if you think that this is an issue to 99% of our supporters.

I want the best man for the job appointed, whether it is Di Canio, Burley, Bodin.

Of course all are welcome to their oponion but think you are being a bit dramatic!

I think you'll find he is saying it won't be an issue to 99%... Mind you Dorset Red is campaigning hard...
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Monday, May 16, 2011, 08:52:32 »

In his generally fascinating autobiography (Collins Willow £16.99), Di Canio has this to say about his political leanings: "Perhaps precisely because I am right-wing, I am fascinated by Benito Mussolini. Remember those mobile phone advertisements where they asked people who they would most like to have a one-to-one with? Ian Wright picked Dr Martin Luther King, my choice would have been Mussolini. I own dozens of Mussolini biographies. I think he was a deeply misunderstood individual."

... Di Canio is discerning enough to describe many of Il Duce's actions as "vile or calculated" and accuses him of "turning against his sense of right and wrong, compromising his ethics to save the country".

Unfortunately, this soft-focus interpretation of Italian history neglects to give due weight to the fact that Mussolini signed a `Pact of Steel' with Hitler in May 1939 and thus helped lead Europe into a war that cost more than 50 million lives. Forming an alliance with a barbarian and psychopath would not be high on most people's list of the best ways in which to "save the country". Di Canio swears that he is "not a racist or a xenophobe" and, in fairness, his political musings do not suggest blind allegiance to the 20th century's most destructive ideology.

MY POINT BEING...you can NOT be a facist without being a racist or a xenophobe.

No, you can.
Dorset Red

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, May 16, 2011, 08:53:51 »

I think you'll find he is saying it won't be an issue to 99%... Mind you Dorset Red is campaigning hard...
soapy tit wank. I am well used to campaigning for lost causes!
Dorset Red

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, May 16, 2011, 08:55:32 »

No, you can.
Doh
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Monday, May 16, 2011, 08:57:38 »

soapy tit wank. I am well used to campaigning for lost causes!

soapy tit wank!
Dorset Red

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Monday, May 16, 2011, 09:00:03 »

soapy tit wank!
Not sure where those first three words came from but please apply wherever you feel they are appropriate.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #70 on: Monday, May 16, 2011, 09:05:49 »

Dorset

What part of READ THIS FUCKING THREAD do you not understand?

http://thetownend.com/index.php/topic,43804.0.html
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Monday, May 16, 2011, 09:09:13 »

I'm gonna welcome Di Canio with open arms.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Monday, May 16, 2011, 09:15:50 »

Dorset

What part of READ THIS FUCKING THREAD do you not understand?

http://thetownend.com/index.php/topic,43804.0.html

Glad to see your PR campaign is still going strong....courage behind convictions is to be admired

Bathtime
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #73 on: Monday, May 16, 2011, 09:17:01 »

Jesus wept.
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Monday, May 16, 2011, 09:25:00 »

Jesus wept.

Bathtime
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 54   Go Up
Print
Jump to: