Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: latest from fitton(source BBC)  (Read 12522 times)
Kimstfc1

« Reply #90 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2011, 20:50:10 »

At Hillsborough on Sat we heard two rumours:- 1 - that Harte had been offered the post of Director of Football with Bodin as manager and 2 - that Harte had been offered Director of Football with Trollop as manager. Neither is acceptable.  Fitton pull your finger out and get a decent management team not a cheap option!
aroundthefur

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2011, 20:55:02 »

Aren't they just rumours people have read on here from last week though? They had already been doing the rounds.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2011, 20:55:41 »

I don't know what to think.

That 'be good to yourself' baconnette medalions are unacceptable.  (Sorry Nemo...but for fucks sake!)

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2011, 20:55:52 »

This is my thinking on what Fitton is considering. Whether it is right or not is another matter but this might be how it goes.

Maybe Fitton has decided to offer Hart a Director of Football role with him responsible for player recruitment and ensurig we bring through or pick up younger players with potential. Hart before his time as some sort of relegation firefighter had a good reputation for this at clubs like Leeds and Forest. After the mess up in this years signings, maybe Fitton feels he has to take a back step on this, leave it to someone in the game rather than an enthusiastic amateur or given his lower profile this season doesn't have the time to commit to this (with his other business interests).

That leaves who is responsible for picking the team and they may decide to go for Ian McPartland as First Team coach. He did a good job at Notts County before and after the Munto Finance take over and maybe Fitton is impressed with his knowledge of League Two and how to get out of it. If this was the case, then Hart's comments might be he thinks he should have the managers job but is deciding whether he compromises and maybe his self opinion thinks he should have it.

My personal preference would be to get someone in the Wise/Poyet mould of 2006/7 or day I say it McMahon in 1995/96 and get momentum early in the season. I can't see Fitton taking a gamble on a player manager as he'll want to get us out of League Two as quickly as possible so will want someone who has a record of doing that.
Weasel

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2011, 21:04:16 »

I agree - think the offer is Hart as DOF and McParland as manager. Reckon they like the latter because he's a bit feisty. Budgie with brains...

Hopefully Hart won't want that.
SCM

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2011, 21:08:57 »

I'll be shocked if Hart's arrogance doesn't get in the way of that move.

It's like taking your best mate to a party and he ends up fucking the girl you've fancied for ages.

Wouldn't be surprised if it's the 'decision' he's on about though.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2011, 21:09:24 »

Ha, ha love the avatar Weasel!
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2011, 06:11:27 »

BBC Tinpot is tweeting that an announcement is expected today on the manager's job.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2011, 06:27:25 »

Based on the volume of hatred for Hart, I think many would be extremely pissed off if even offered the DOF role.

It's his attitude more than anything - I'd personally like him to have nothing to do with us whatsoever in any capacity.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #99 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2011, 07:21:31 »

I'd personally like him to have nothing to do with us whatsoever in any capacity.

You and about 95% of Town fans including me Luci!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2011, 07:34:17 »

I would actually say it's higher than that Hmmm
MichaelPook
Oh stop it Mr Fatbury!

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2011, 07:36:11 »

lets hope Fitton listens to the fans while he still has some to listen to

I used to be Fatbury
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2011, 07:43:55 »

Vic was certainly making plenty of references to what today might bring in his tweets.

I wonder if he's plotting an attack on Hart.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2011, 07:45:14 »

That 'be good to yourself' baconnette medalions are unacceptable.  (Sorry Nemo...but for fucks sake!)

Haha. Let Fitton know that I'll eat proper Bacon if he gets shot of Hart, seems like a fair deal!
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2011, 07:50:22 »

It's pretty incredible how far his stock has fallen with the fans since (allegedly) smacking a Pox fan.

If someone deliberately did everything they could to antagonise their fanbase they'd struggle to do a better job than Hart.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: