Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs MK Dongs Matchday Thread  (Read 33172 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Saturday, April 16, 2011, 17:34:00 »

Hoddle was there and had a closed door meeting with the directors before the game, he was also at the brentford game last week.

You'd imagine it was to form some kind of link with his academy than anything more exciting wouldn't you?!
Coca Fola

« Reply #166 on: Saturday, April 16, 2011, 17:34:34 »

N'Diaye wasn't that bad. Got good feet, a bit of skill. All he needs is a sense of urgency and some match fitness. Way better than O'Brien anyhow.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #167 on: Saturday, April 16, 2011, 17:35:32 »

It's no secret Hoddle was there. The beeb said they interviewed him and he was talking about the academy and stuff.

I don't think we should go jumping to conclusions, his academy means there is a perfect reason for it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Saturday, April 16, 2011, 17:36:31 »

N'Diaye wasn't that bad.

[url width=298 height=239]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h71/DogByte6RER/magoo.jpg[/url]
corner

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Saturday, April 16, 2011, 17:38:27 »

Quote from: Batch  :sherlock:link=topic=43507.msg947497#msg947497 date=1302975240
You'd imagine it was to form some kind of link with his academy than anything more exciting wouldn't you?!
[/qummote]
Maybe.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Saturday, April 16, 2011, 17:41:27 »

One shot on target all game. That's why we're going down.

Oh and the ref was a joke, but to blame him for our defeat would be ignoring massive problems elsewhere.
Coca Fola

« Reply #171 on: Saturday, April 16, 2011, 17:43:50 »

[url width=298 height=239]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h71/DogByte6RER/magoo.jpg[/url]
Well I don't think he was anyway. Sheehan and Prutton were the worst players on the pitch today. And how Ritchie won motm is beyond me? Always turning into trouble and giving the ball away. LJF was my MOTM. Very solid performance, handled Ibehre well whereas Frampton struggled.
ahounsell

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Saturday, April 16, 2011, 17:52:21 »

he did provide some great entertainment and sending off Frampton should make our defence tighter for the next couple of weeks.

Frampton kept us in it in the first half with 2 or 3 important challenges and was about the only one to make any tackles. The defence has been a lot tighter with him in it than it was before. We'll see what effect it will have next week when he isnt in the team, my guess is the defence will be worse.

That said, the second yellow was brainless although I had no idea he'd been booked previously, he obviously would have known and should know better than to pick up another yellow 60 yards from goal.

The defensive record has been decent enough in the second half of the season, decent enough to stay up anyway. The problem is the chronic lack of goals. We could have played 5 hours of added time rather than 5 minutes and still not scored. The players dont look like they have any idea how to make our so called formation work.

It was obvious what sort of ref we were in for with the pre match pantomime delaying the kick off. Couldnt see what they were worrying about with the stratton bank goal unless they needed to brush away a few cobwebs!
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Saturday, April 16, 2011, 17:55:20 »

If I remember correctly Mr Fitton did say he consulted with Glen H. before the Danny Wilson appointment, or have I got that all wrong?
Coca Fola

« Reply #174 on: Saturday, April 16, 2011, 17:56:06 »

Frampton kept us in it in the first half with 2 or 3 important challenges and was about the only one to make any tackles. The defence has been a lot tighter with him in it than it was before. We'll see what effect it will have next week when he isnt in the team, my guess is the defence will be worse.

That said, the second yellow was brainless although I had no idea he'd been booked previously, he obviously would have known and should know better than to pick up another yellow 60 yards from goal.

The defensive record has been decent enough in the second half of the season, decent enough to stay up anyway. The problem is the chronic lack of goals. We could have played 5 hours of added time rather than 5 minutes and still not scored. The players dont look like they have any idea how to make our so called formation work.

It was obvious what sort of ref we were in for with the pre match pantomime delaying the kick off. Couldnt see what they were worrying about with the stratton bank goal unless they needed to brush away a few cobwebs!
Frampton is poor.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Saturday, April 16, 2011, 17:56:33 »

I also couldnt place where Frampton had picked up his first yellow card.
Coca Fola

« Reply #176 on: Saturday, April 16, 2011, 17:57:05 »

I also couldnt place where Frampton had picked up his first yellow card.
By the dugouts in the McParland incident.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Saturday, April 16, 2011, 17:58:26 »

Not half as silly as the yellow card Caddis got for being stamped on.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Saturday, April 16, 2011, 18:00:33 »

Well I don't think he was anyway. Sheehan and Prutton were the worst players on the pitch today. And how Ritchie won motm is beyond me? Always turning into trouble and giving the ball away. LJF was my MOTM. Very solid performance, handled Ibehre well whereas Frampton struggled.

Fair enough. We'll disagree on N'Diaye then. IMHO at least O'Brien shows the odd burst of speed. He even put a decent cross in this one time.

The rest I find myself agreeing with you. Except I think Frampton is in our top two defenders. He's just not as good as Greer.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #179 on: Saturday, April 16, 2011, 18:05:48 »

Except I think Frampton is in our top two defenders.
That's some accolade.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: