Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Igoe staying then...?  (Read 3201 times)
McLovin

« Reply #30 on: Monday, July 4, 2005, 17:02:46 »

20% might be wrong, but there was a spell where Duke was a fault for 1 goal in 6 successive matches.  That was after the booing period too.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, July 4, 2005, 17:15:18 »

Quote from: "nozza"
1.Duke had an absolutely awful season last year, about 20% of the goals we conceded were his fault
2.Turbo is a good footballer
3.Igoe is a great crosser of the ball.

1. Duke was one of our better players last season and probably got more assists then fuck ups

2. I'm a big Turbo fan, but he isnt a good 'footballer' how ever he is a committed hard worker

3. Igoe cant cross for shit
kick_ass1987

« Reply #32 on: Monday, July 4, 2005, 17:28:26 »

I have always backed Igoe, i think he is a quality player when he trys, you all know that, i keep saying it.... but now he has gone too far... he didnt even turn up for training on the first day..... so as far as im conserned he can fook off now.... he has showed he doesnt want to be here, no matter how much he says he does.... he knows how the clubs finances are as much as all the other players, and should not expect a bigger contract, when the club is scraping the bottom of the barrell as it is.... !!go find another club, you will only get abuse from this one now!!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, July 4, 2005, 17:35:35 »

Quote from: "Asher"
I think we all need to look to the future and not dwell on the past lads!

Well said. For that reason alone Igoe and Duke should be put out to pasture...
Piemonte

« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, July 5, 2005, 11:09:31 »

The more I think about it the less I want them to stay.  We'd be screwed for cover in central midfield and defence if they stay.  We could even see Duke line up in central midfield if he signs. mmmmmm. :?
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, July 5, 2005, 11:20:22 »

As much as I defend Duke - and I still think we could have much worse a player in the squad - it is time for him to go.  Jack Smith appears to be a direct replacement for him, in that he is just as versatile, and apparently is quick.

Igoe is a wierd one, on his day - Sheff Wed first game of his first season - he can be superb, but as we saw throughout last season he doesn't seem to have the drive to improve on previous performances, and is too inclined to let the game pass him by.  

This has gone on long enough, and it is time for a change.  I wish Duke all the best, and I hope he can find somewhere he can be appriciated, while Igoe has to swallow his pride and play for a club he may not have considered playing for before.  At best he has 4 years left in him, and out of those remaining years this next one will be the most important, perhaps THE most important in his career.  He is going to have to give 100% wherever he finds himself playing next season otherwise I can see him playing in the Conference.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: