Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Igoe staying then...?  (Read 3202 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, July 4, 2005, 14:13:01 »

I hope Duke goes, Igoe i'm not that bothered because we know whats hes capable off...Just hope he performs next season.
Piemonte

« Reply #16 on: Monday, July 4, 2005, 14:23:17 »

Quote from: "le god cuervo"

personally i would prefer it if they both went and king used the money to bring new players in with a bit more desire, even if they are young & inexperienced lloyd opara types.

Yes, Lloyd "the Legend" Opara wanted it so much he couldnt be fucked to Drive from london every day. A few more with real fire in the belly like that please! :|

After reading that, i hope Igoe goes now. Replace him with someone strong and dependable. Duke would represent better value for money, his versitility would be valuable with the transfer window closing and all that. Having said that Jack Smith can play lefe and right back so maybe theres no point in keeping duke either.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, July 4, 2005, 14:24:12 »

duke can fuck off. infact, both can. we need players who want to play for this club, not players who use this club as a last resort  :evil:

le god cuervo

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, July 4, 2005, 14:33:15 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"
Yes, Lloyd "the Legend" Opara wanted it so much he couldnt be fucked to Drive from london every day. A few more with real fire in the belly like that please!

ok opara is a shit example, but you know what i mean, just some young players who might come in & try to make a name for themselves, like parkin when he first came here.

i would rather see more signings like shakes & comyn-platt than keep igoe & duke.
unclemark

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, July 4, 2005, 15:32:15 »

I don't know why Duke was even offered a contract.  The board have the nerve to offer him a two year contract when they don't even offer turbo a new contract.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, July 4, 2005, 15:41:35 »

Come on Turbo was shite.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, July 4, 2005, 15:42:03 »

Because Duke is a better footballer than Turbo - simple as that.

That's not a dig at Robbo by any means either - he was as committed a player as I've seen, he just wasn't really good enough, which is a shame, as he's a good egg.

Duke is a different kettle of fish - OK sometimes he makes mistakes, but most of the time that was down to him playing in a position which did not suit him.  Last season Duke was right up there amongst our best players once he got through that disgusting ordeal of the fans booing him.  When Holmes was there they had a very good understanding, which coincided with King getting the Manager of the Month in Feb.  Also Duke can actually cross the ball, which both Igoe and Turbo always failed to do.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, July 4, 2005, 15:43:24 »

I'd rather keep Duke than Robinson anyway. Think I'd prefer it if he didn't stay though so King has the money to bring in someone else.
unclemark

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, July 4, 2005, 15:45:03 »

1.Duke had an absolutely awful season last year, about 20% of the goals we conceded were his fault
2.Turbo is a good footballer
3.Igoe is a great crosser of the ball.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, July 4, 2005, 15:49:04 »

Quote from: "nozza"
1.Duke had an absolutely awful season last year, about 20% of the goals we conceded were his fault
2.Turbo is a good footballer
3.Igoe is a great crosser of the ball.

1. Don't be daft.
2. No, there's not a great deal of football in him - he's League 2 (thats div 4 Reg Wink ) standard plain and simple.
3. Igoe cannot cross the ball, all he does is loft it into the box without looking where it's going at all.  There's never any pace on it, and there's certainly no accuracy there.
Piemonte

« Reply #25 on: Monday, July 4, 2005, 15:53:41 »

Nozza, all 3 points you make are wrong
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, July 4, 2005, 16:00:55 »

Apart from number 3, Igoe can cross.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, July 4, 2005, 16:01:22 »

I agree with Kinky Tom, Robinson is league two standard, I always think people overrate him because he scored a couple of goals against Oxford but he's not really that great. I honestly think Duke is better and to be honest I'd rather have Hewlett in midfield too, they are a similar standard.
le god cuervo

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, July 4, 2005, 16:15:34 »

igoe cant cross the ball to save his life! i think every corner i've ever seen him take has just been dinked to the near post for the defender to clear it.

in open play he never gets to the by-line to cross it because he's always too scared of someone tackling him. we dont need him anymore.
Asher

« Reply #29 on: Monday, July 4, 2005, 16:22:19 »

I think we all need to look to the future and not dwell on the past lads!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: