Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Harold Fleming 1910-11 Southern League winners medal  (Read 11813 times)
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2012, 16:18:20 »

Have you contacted any members of his family? Might sound like a daft question as I presume they sold it in the first place? Apologise if i've missed something.

I would love to have this to go along with my other medals, would look nice indeed. For what it's worth I respect what you are doing those are you and your dads wishes, let's just hope it gets in the hands of a town fan, id love to have it.

Maybe we could all pay £10 each and buy it off the fella then we could give it to the club where it would stay forever, not a bad idea hey?

I still feel guilty even trying to sale it, in the sense that my boy man bought it and gave it as a present for my 18th.
But I have my life over here now & in order to build it, the money becomes of more use

I come from a land down-under
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2012, 16:47:14 »

I still feel guilty even trying to sale it, in the sense that my boy man bought it and gave it as a present for my 18th.
But I have my life over here now & in order to build it, the money becomes of more use

I'd feel guilty about selling such a thoughtful 18th birthday present too. Are you really that desperate for some extra money? Are you not going to regret this in a few years? I always think in these situations that the money would come in handy but there are ways around that, and in years to come if you still had this possession and perhaps gave it to a grandson for his 18th that'd make you a lot happier than getting your mitts on some extra cash right now.  Just a thought, of a stranger poking his nose in where it's probably not wanted. No offence intended skip!
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2012, 18:27:22 »

No, no not at all jan its nice to hear the opinion, not offended in the slightest.
Well the grandson part might be pushing it (not sure any woman would put up with me :-) but my thoughts are exactly that - it was a a gift and although my dad suggested I sell if needed, I wouldnt want to hurt him in doing so. If we got our money back (or there abouts) I'd sale. But for less I'd find a  way to get by (there's always working the Reeperbahn of a weekend :-)

Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, June 29, 2012, 08:07:25 »

bump.

I'm pretty broke, so if anybody knows of any interested people let me know

@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, June 29, 2012, 08:34:32 »

Stick it on eBay - you'll get what collectors value it at...
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, June 29, 2012, 08:41:08 »

Stick it on eBay - you'll get what collectors value it at...

ebay is no good for memorabilia anymore. The ebay market has collapsed, but then to be honest so has the market generally for football memorabilia

Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, June 29, 2012, 09:59:26 »

ebay is no good for memorabilia anymore. The ebay market has collapsed, but then to be honest so has the market generally for football memorabilia

Sign of the times no doubt. Not a lot different to houses though. Sounds like you'll either need to sell at a loss or sit tight.

I doubt my gaff is worth what i paid for it 5 years ago so i won't sympathise.

I would however love the medal if i win the lottery.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, June 29, 2012, 11:25:25 »

Sign of the times no doubt. Not a lot different to houses though. Sounds like you'll either need to sell at a loss or sit tight.

I doubt my gaff is worth what i paid for it 5 years ago so i won't sympathise.

for sure, the economy has gone to pot, so people don't buy 'treats' which is understandable.
The price of memorabilia was always artificially high for many years. I would even argue that now the prices of such items are at their real value

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, June 29, 2012, 12:29:57 »

Not sure when the quoted 2K was paid out for Flemmings medal, but I suspect it was pre 2008.

The world has changed since then. Trinkets like an old England medal have dropped in price as there is little money around for everyday stuff, let alone for an item that would be considered an indulgent purchase by most peoples standards.

I'll give you £500 in cash for it if you're desperate to get some money back on it. Genuine offer.

For sure, the price of football memorabilia has not quite collapsed, but damn near so.
I appreciate the offer, however I wouldnt sell it for that

Quite by coincidence, this story is up on the BBC News website at the moment.

Ex-Manchester United Footballer's Medal Found at Shropshire school

I appreciate you're not talking like for like (not least because STFC > MUFC), but the £500 valuation mentioned in this piece may well be nearer what the market is now paying for medals like this.  In which case, I would probably buy it off you myself and give it to the club.   Smiley

(Personally, I'd hold on to it, though.)
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, June 29, 2012, 13:50:26 »

Its sad for me that the money is needed more than the medal, but thats life I suppose

jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, June 29, 2012, 14:20:29 »

I've been selling off my football card collection recently and have been getting very good prices. It's all about supply and demand and if you've got something someone wants then they will pay for it.

Maybe take it to one of the auction houses, they'll likely get the best price selling it in a football specific auction.

Or wait for one of the free listing days on eBay and put it up on buy it now and best offer, to see what interest there is.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2012, 11:24:42 »

Will try my luck on ebay, with best offer & see how it goes.

Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, July 10, 2012, 12:52:00 »

Now on auction (please note I am open to sensible offers)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Swindon-Town-Southern-Football-League-Winners-Medal-1910-11-Harold-Fleming-/280916651524?pt=UK_SportsMemorabilia_Football_Memorabilia_ET&hash=item4167efee04

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, July 10, 2012, 13:01:25 »

Considering the starting bid I wish you good luck.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, July 10, 2012, 13:02:25 »

Considering the starting bid I wish you good luck.

more in hope that somebody might make an offer.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: