Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What a bunch of bastards  (Read 3633 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, March 23, 2011, 20:01:51 »

Pffft ... I don't want to go to an away ground and made to feel welcome Smiley

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, March 23, 2011, 20:23:32 »

Any redevelopment will involve demolishing the Town End first, which isnt going to be popular.

Apologies to anyone I offend with this, but...the Town End is a bit of a shit stand.  I love the fact it's hardly changed (bar the seats) in 50 years and that it's where most of the singing comes from.  But in terms of design as a singing end, it could be so much better.  Get rid of the pillars, raise the roof so that it doesn't kill the sound travelling to other parts of the ground and increase the elevation/steepness of the seats so that fans are more 'on top' the the action.  It has to go eventually.
Spencer_White

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, March 23, 2011, 20:31:01 »

I think the steep elevation of stands now is part of the problem. Ive always preferred shallow banking because it makes fans in the crowd feel more a part of the action.

Not denying the TE is a shit hole. With a shit view, no bar, pillars, stupid bog layout. But its got that quality that does bring a football crowd to life.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, March 23, 2011, 20:31:55 »

What is going on with our so called re-development? Seems to be going on forever. Do you think the impending relegation going to put a hold on any plans?

I suspect our Board might be having a bit of a rethink about their involvement in STFC, not exactly working out as planned is it, so I suspect we'll carry on with the present CG for a while yet. 
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, March 23, 2011, 21:12:05 »

Any redevelopment will involve demolishing the Town End first, which isnt going to be popular.

On the Late Kick Off clip they said that the West Stand at new grounds including Brighton's is usally the main stand. The theory behind this is that at a 3pm kick off a West Stand is always in the shade from the sun and you're not looking into the sun.

As the Town is our West Stand this might be why it is the focus of the redevelopment. I would have thought with the CG, redeveloping Statton Bank first would have least disruption as it would bring in unused space and then when the Town End is done the home fans could swap ends for year or two. Keep the away fans in the North Stand corner until it's all finished then move back to the Statton Bank.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, March 23, 2011, 22:15:19 »

To be fair to Brighton, their club is on the up and their stadium looks impressive. Their going to have projections of away clubs' legends etc for the away fans which I think is a nice touch and something a bit different.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, March 23, 2011, 22:18:50 »

How the hell they got planning permision where it is built is beyond me,know it took a long time.
Slap bang in the middle of the rolling downs....a lovely sight.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, March 23, 2011, 22:21:46 »

How the hell they got planning permision where it is built is beyond me,know it took a long time.
Slap bang in the middle of the rolling downs....a lovely sight.

I was thinking exactly the same thing. Imagine the Swindon Borough Council being proposed with the idea.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, March 24, 2011, 08:00:34 »

Yes, I can see why the NIMBY's were pissed off. And let's face it, we're all potential NIMBY's. I certainly would have been if I lived down there. I'd have been gutted to see that monstrosity dumped on my door step.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: