Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What a bunch of bastards  (Read 3632 times)
Moose

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, March 22, 2011, 21:52:46 »

What a bunch of bastards. One day it'll be us.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/brighton/9432161.stm
shady

Free the Etuhu one!!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, March 22, 2011, 22:02:50 »

Good clip. They've sure timed their promotion splendidly.
don mega

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, March 22, 2011, 22:05:37 »

What a bunch of bastards. One day it'll be us.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/brighton/9432161.stm

I hope we do get to see that day !
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, March 23, 2011, 05:57:46 »

What is going on with our so called re-development? Seems to be going on forever. Do you think the impending relegation going to put a hold on any plans?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, March 23, 2011, 07:43:42 »

What is going on with our so called re-development? Seems to be going on forever. Do you think the impending relegation going to put a hold on any plans?

Brighton's new stadium didn't exactly happen over night Hmmm
sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, March 23, 2011, 08:20:24 »

Have to give Brighton some credit - think the ground looks great and their Chief Exec sounds like a bloke talking sense......As much as I hate to admit it !!

Loving the fact that their mascot has a changing room - nice touch !!!

Wise men say........
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, March 23, 2011, 08:29:44 »

Caught a bit of this on the local news the other night (still haven't got a clue why the BBC class Swindon and Brighton as local to each other).

They mentioned that they are going to decorate the away changing room with the away team's badge before each game. They're trying to be friendly to away teams on the premise that they think it'll encourage more away fans to travel and therefore more money for them.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, March 23, 2011, 09:19:07 »

Caught a bit of this on the local news the other night (still haven't got a clue why the BBC class Swindon and Brighton as local to each other).

They mentioned that they are going to decorate the away changing room with the away team's badge before each game. They're trying to be friendly to away teams on the premise that they think it'll encourage more away fans to travel and therefore more money for them.

I don't know about you but knowing the club badge is in the away changing room makes me much more likely to rush and buy tickets??! I guess it was one of a number of things.

Went round Maple Leaf Gardens once (ice hockey). They deliberately made it sparsely decorated and lowered the away dressing room roof so that opposition players had to duck their heads when they had their skates on. That's the kind of psychology I'd like to see if we get a  new stadium.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, March 23, 2011, 09:29:12 »

I saw it on Late Kick off and Leroy Rosenior also seemed to think it was the away changing room they were redecorating. In fact the report seemed to suggest that they've got light panels and LCD screens in the away concourse so they can use lights to "change" the colours of the walls and display appropriate graphics on the screens. So it's not the dressing rooms, it's the concourse where fans congregate, and they're not redecorating, just changing the mood lighting and some screens. Redecorating the dressing rooms every couple of weeks (or couple of days if they've got back to back weekend/midweek home fixtures) would just be bizarre
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, March 23, 2011, 10:00:19 »

Yeah, I didn't mean decorate as in paint the walls.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, March 23, 2011, 10:03:30 »

I would be very surprised if relegation didn't delay our own plans.  And in all honesty, I hope our own plans get delayed because we'll only end up with a half-arsed, make do & mend, 13,000 capacity pre-fab effort if we try building something like this while the club's fortunes are on a downward trajectory.  Think Oxford.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, March 23, 2011, 10:45:18 »

Yeah, I didn't mean decorate as in paint the walls.
Sorry Samdy, wasn't really responding to your comment so much as the mis-reporting of it. The LKO bit was ridiculous - they do this whole speil, with the Brighton Chief Exec standing in the concourse, quite clearly spelling out what they're doing, how and why, then cut back to the studio and Leroy Rosenior seems to think they're redecorating the changing rooms. WTF?
Spencer_White

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, March 23, 2011, 18:00:05 »

Any redevelopment will involve demolishing the Town End first, which isnt going to be popular.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, March 23, 2011, 18:14:54 »

Any redevelopment will involve demolishing the Town End first, which isnt going to be popular.

Its got to go though.

Spencer_White

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, March 23, 2011, 19:53:12 »

Its got to go though.

I know. Just hoped that ground development design might have become a bit less stale and a bit more fan friendly (safe standing, whatever) by the time the CG was finally re-developed.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: