Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Terriers!  (Read 5975 times)
Acetripper

Ignore
« on: Friday, March 18, 2011, 08:11:15 »

Hi Everybody, Terriers fan here!

I can't believe the League position you're in, a classic case of post play-off blues? Or is it the breaking up of the Paynter/Austin partnership that's proved costly? Either way it's a huge surprise because last season your were a very good side! So what's happened then?

I really have no idea why but I've always have a soft spot for Swindon Town FC, maybe it's because I'm old enough to remember your famous exploits with Don Rogers, surly the best player ever to wear your shirt.

I'm looking forward to tomorrows game and despite our respective League One placings I'm expecting a tough game, with your lads fighting for their lives and our trying to confirm automatic promotion credentials. Got to work for a couple of hours in the morning then it's a few drinks in Leeds then over to Hudders by train for a few more no doubt.

Safe journey to those making the trip up here.

AceT(HTFC) Cheesy

Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, March 18, 2011, 08:13:52 »

I'm expecting a tough game, with your lads fighting for their lives and our trying to confirm automatic promotion credentials.

Acetripper

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, March 18, 2011, 08:46:47 »

Does that mean you think you've got no chance?

I'm very wary of fans who play down their teams chances at The Galpharm. Bristol Rovers and Plymouth Argyle are cracking examples of this, both gaining notable victories over us while in lowly league positions and their fans insisting they hadn't a prayer.

So I'm keenly aware, it won't be a push over for us tomorrow! Cool
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, March 18, 2011, 09:07:13 »

Yes it will, were fucking shit!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, March 18, 2011, 09:07:30 »

Does that mean you think you've got no chance?

What it means is that we've the most spineless set of wasters in living memory.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, March 18, 2011, 09:08:26 »

and we don't like gravy on our chips
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #6 on: Friday, March 18, 2011, 09:18:51 »

I do
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, March 18, 2011, 09:21:15 »

I do

What are your thoughts on whippets, pigeon fancying, and casual domestic violence?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, March 18, 2011, 09:21:36 »

Cant beat chips'n'gravy
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #9 on: Friday, March 18, 2011, 09:26:24 »

What are your thoughts on whippets, pigeon fancying, and casual domestic violence?
They are ok in small doses Reg depending on mood.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, March 18, 2011, 09:28:54 »

They are ok in small doses Reg depending on mood.

I suspect your antecedents may have come from the Danelaw.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, March 18, 2011, 09:54:27 »

I'm expecting a tough game,

Welcome Andy Capp, nice to see you got time off from wife beating/ferret furtling/whippet bothering/other generic northern insult in order to post here. Has the working mens club got internet access now, by heck.

OK with the compulsory northerner insults out the way we  can move on.

It won't be a tough game due to:

A. Our current form is no wins in 14.
B. Our away form:
2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 2, 1 = 16 goals conceded in last 7 away games.
4, 0, 1, 2, 0, 1, 0 = 8 goals scored in last 7 games. This includes the 4 at Charlton when we still had Austin and the team presumably though they better look good on TV to impress any perspective new employers.

Which bit of that suggests it will be a tough game? Strange things do happen, occasionally. We used that up winning at Charlton.

PS:
Chips + Gravy = good
Christmas cake + cheese = bad (still not worked out if this abomination is Geordie, Yorkshire or confined to the City of York).
« Last Edit: Friday, March 18, 2011, 09:56:53 by Batch » Logged
Acetripper

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, March 18, 2011, 10:25:15 »

Well firstly gentlemen, I'm descendant from celtic stock, my parents being Irish, so jokes about whippets, pigeons and the like hardly register with me, although ubiquitous racist jokes about 'thick paddys' do and they rile me.

However, Yorkshire is a wonderful part of the world, friendly people, beautiful countryside and great beers. Huddersfield and surrounding areas are steeped in social and economic history and along with our cousins over t'hill combined to create the cradle of the industrial revolution. I've never lived in Huddersfield itself although I was born only a few miles away.

If you're travelling up from Swindon for the game tomorrow you'll be sure of a warm welcome. If you want any drink or eating advise you ask! Cheesy

AceT
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #13 on: Friday, March 18, 2011, 10:27:53 »

Thick Paddy backward cunt
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, March 18, 2011, 10:34:47 »

[url width=54 height=80]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e351/shortiex123/tha940bedd.gif[/url]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: