Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Terriers!  (Read 5979 times)
Acetripper

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, March 18, 2011, 12:09:48 »

Swindon Town v Millwall:    
    * 01 Lucas      -- Injured/playing crap when not
    * 02 Cuthbert -- Not performing to same standard
    * 03 Sheehan -- Hardly in the team
       (Darby 67)  --  Left  - Back to Liverpool
    * 15 Amankwaah -- Hardly in team
    * 19 Jean-Francois Lescinel -- Hardly in tream
    * 04 Douglas
    * 07 McGovern -- loss of form.
       (O'Brien 73) - Always injured
    * 24 Ward - Left - gone to some dodgy northern club
    * 30 Ferry - hardly in team
    * 20 Paynter  - Left - gone to some dodgy northern club
      (Pericard 81) - Crap and injured
    * 32 Austin  - - Left - gone to some dodgy northern club

Last time out v Daggers (players in bold - played in final)

Phil Smith        
Paul Caddis        
Scott Cuthbert
Andy Frampton        
Alan Sheehan    
Mike Grella       
Jonathan Douglas
David Prutton        
Michael Timlin       85
Matt Ritchie        
Calvin Andrew    

not really for your benefit Acetripper,  more my own. shows how much things have hanged in a year.

Bloody hell, that's astounding! Now I see why! Roll Eyes
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, March 18, 2011, 12:14:55 »

Bloody hell, that's astounding! Now I see why! Roll Eyes

Amankwha, McGovern, Ferry, Pericard and Lucas still at club but either injured or out of form/favour. Pericad was always bit part, Amankwha's role is arguable, but the form of the other 3 were key. Its not happened for them this year.
« Last Edit: Friday, March 18, 2011, 12:19:01 by Batch » Logged
Acetripper

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, March 18, 2011, 14:32:02 »

Amankwha, McGovern, Ferry, Pericard and Lucas still at club but either injured or out of form/favour. Pericad was always bit part, Amankwha's role is arguable, but the form of the other 3 were key. Its not happened for them this year.

I'm starting to feel sorry for you but I'm sure that will disappear between 3pm and 4.55pm. tomorrow. Best wishes before and after then though! Grin
flammableBen

« Reply #33 on: Friday, March 18, 2011, 14:33:47 »

IF this was a midweek night game at home then we'd have you. Unfortunately it's not. So we'll get dicked.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, March 18, 2011, 15:25:27 »

Swindon Town v Millwall:    
    * 01 Lucas      -- Injured/playing crap when not
    * 02 Cuthbert -- Not performing to same standard
    * 03 Sheehan -- Hardly in the team
       (Darby 67)  --  Left  - Back to Liverpool
    * 15 Amankwaah -- Hardly in team
    * 19 Jean-Francois Lescinel -- Hardly in tream. In for Greer in final. Greer now left for some dodgy Southern club.
    * 04 Douglas
    * 07 McGovern -- loss of form.
       (O'Brien 73) - Always injured
    * 24 Ward - Left - gone to some dodgy northern club
    * 30 Ferry - hardly in team
    * 20 Paynter  - Left - gone to some dodgy northern club
      (Pericard 81) - Crap and injured
    * 32 Austin  - - Left - gone to some dodgy northern club

Last time out v Daggers (players in bold - played in final)

Phil Smith        
Paul Caddis        
Scott Cuthbert
Andy Frampton        
Alan Sheehan    
Mike Grella       
Jonathan Douglas
David Prutton        
Michael Timlin       85
Matt Ritchie        
Calvin Andrew    

not really for your benefit Acetripper,  more my own. shows how much things have hanged in a year.

Strictly speaking Batch, Frampton played in the final....but for Millwall.
Acetripper

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, March 18, 2011, 15:28:56 »

Okay, teams that push defenders out, squeeze midfield and play on the break seem to do well at The Galpharm. If you try to play football without a combative game plan you'll probably get a sound beating. So how will your lad play it?

In the past some teams have tried and succeeded in out-muscle us but the outstanding feature of our 16 game unbeaten run has been our competitiveness. It's not been pretty at times but it's been affective. Indeed opposing fans have said we've hoofed the ball too but that's usually when we've been pressured by close marking and by squeezing our play into a narrow cross field band either side of the half-way line.

I really have no idea what will happen tomorrow, which has been quite often the case this season. But lets hope it's an entertaining game at least!

AceT(HTFC)
woolster

« Reply #36 on: Friday, March 18, 2011, 15:40:59 »

Okay, teams that push defenders out, squeeze midfield and play on the break seem to do well at The Galpharm. If you try to play football without a combative game plan you'll probably get a sound beating. So how will your lad play it?

In the past some teams have tried and succeeded in out-muscle us but the outstanding feature of our 16 game unbeaten run has been our competitiveness. It's not been pretty at times but it's been affective. Indeed opposing fans have said we've hoofed the ball too but that's usually when we've been pressured by close marking and by squeezing our play into a narrow cross field band either side of the half-way line.

I really have no idea what will happen tomorrow, which has been quite often the case this season. But lets hope it's an entertaining game at least!

AceT(HTFC)
dont worry, we dont like to get  involed to much with this sort of thing these days Cheesy

Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, March 18, 2011, 16:05:47 »

AceT(HTFC)

It will be entertaining all right - when you're out of sight within the first 20 mins!
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #38 on: Friday, March 18, 2011, 19:15:16 »

4-0 Terriers tomozza will give your lads the shits and ours the giggles!
I think most Town fans would snatch your hand off for that result tomorrow. We really are that shit.
Acetripper

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, March 18, 2011, 20:47:47 »

If we score a few I reckon pandemonium will break lose inside The Galpharm.

Despite things starting to come together, we still appear to have a large number of fans who aren't convinced we can do it. A win against Swindon could actually be pivotal in that context. We've drawn a lot of games and had phases throughout the season where we've the stumbled so they'll take some convincing even though we're on 16 unbeaten.

In August, expectation amongst Huddersfield Town fans was higher than I've know for a very long time and many were expecting us to walk away with the League One Title, of course nothing is ever that simple.

I'm genuinely sorry Swindon Town are cast in the role of the sacrificial lamb tomorrow but nothing less than three points will be good enough. Wink

Have a safe journey!
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #40 on: Friday, March 18, 2011, 21:19:55 »

If you go 1 up early doors our lot will probably cave in. You may well stumble but it won't be against us. Sacrificial lamb is quite an apt phrase as unfortunately a team of lambs would have more bite and fight than us.
Like you, expectations were high this year - not necessarily for automatic but probably another pop at the play offs. Basically consolidating on last season.
Any season this would be a fucking disaster but given our hopes this has really hit us fucking hard.
Don't mind you lot but please, please fuck up tomorrow and then you can win every game until the end of the season.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, March 18, 2011, 21:41:20 »

We have had unexpected wins in this position before. Beating Charlton 1-0 away many moons ago in a top v bottom (I think) clash. The season they paid for our yoof to play in the milk cup.

Fuck it we'll win despite having 1 shot to their 34. And 4 of their players will get sent off for Dean Gorre tribute stropping.
flammableBen

« Reply #42 on: Friday, March 18, 2011, 21:46:53 »

We have had unexpected wins in this position before. Beating Charlton 1-0 away many moons ago in a top v bottom (I think) clash. The season they paid for our yoof to play in the milk cup.

That came straight after we'd unexpectedly broken a run of 19(?) games without a win by beating Huddersfield midweek at home!
Acetripper

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Saturday, March 19, 2011, 07:46:49 »

Good Morning Everyone!

A beautiful 'Spring like' morning up here in 'Gods Own', with a clear blue sky, a bit nippy just now but it's forecast to rise to a relatively warm 12c by mid-day. I'm into work for a couple of hours than it's down to the Wetherspoons in Park Row Leeds for a few 'brighteners' and then on by train to Hudders. The thought of two home games in succession after playing four from the last five away certainly has a wonderful appeal especially with our current League placing. It goes without saying we need to pick up maximum points in these two. The Notts County game after this one is being played next Sunday at 4pm for the benefit of the Sky TV cameras.

The last poster has mention how Swindon have pulled off notable wins in similar circumstances in the past and I acknowledge that. This is football, nothing is certain and as I've mentioned before if you come with 'a plan' and carry it out affectively you may well get something. There's nothing more frustrating for the home team than opponents who have a well organised rear guard, that crowd midfield and breaking quickly down the flanks. Teams that have come and parked the proverbial bus across the middle have done well against us in fact.

As I've also mentioned opposing fans who have given their team no chance (like most of you) before the game and predicted a battering for their lads have turn out to be a modern day football 'tojan horse' so if you don't mind I'm taking no notice of your negativity. Heres to an entertaining game either way!

Regards and all the very best after today! Cheesy
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 19, 2011, 08:25:04 by Acetripper » Logged
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Saturday, March 19, 2011, 17:18:04 »

As I've also mentioned opposing fans who have given their team no chance (like most of you) before the game and predicted a battering for their lads have turn out to be a modern day football 'tojan horse'

Got the lotto numbers for later?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: