Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: King of tonga official matchday thread. Swindon v dagenham  (Read 32357 times)
Coca Fola

« Reply #285 on: Sunday, March 13, 2011, 00:42:46 »

Smith deserved it for his dickheadedness. Though people tell me it was aimed at Ritchie.

That said Daggers had half a shout in the fist half.
Punching well above their weight.
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Sunday, March 13, 2011, 00:54:48 »

That cunt Claridge saying its never a penalty.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Sunday, March 13, 2011, 01:02:42 »

Just seen it on Football League Show - Claridge calling it as a corner makes it case closed. Definite penalty. Claridge is always wrong. FACT!

(actually, Claridge being wrong is more like a law of nature or something)
deltaincline

« Reply #288 on: Sunday, March 13, 2011, 01:16:44 »

I thought the ref pointed for a goal kick. He then changed his mind when the lino flagged for a corner. I was too far away to have a view as whether Caddis was fouled or not, but from where I was sat, the ref did well to give us the corner.

No rose-tinted specs, but we were unlucky not to win today. It was a shit deflected goal to concede and we had more than enough chances to avoid the draw, but, as always, we didn't take them and suffered for it.

We are where we are due to us being shit all season. Not looking forward to a season or more in the basement of the FL, but that's where we'll be come the back end of this summer.

Spencer_White

« Reply #289 on: Sunday, March 13, 2011, 10:18:08 »

I was in the Town End and was incensed at people having a go at Ritchie. He is a very important player for us now, what the fuck do those handful of fans think they are doing? Smith and Ritchie rightly made up at half time.

Andrew and Grella would both be very good permanent signings.

Looked like a penalty to me at the end. The Dagenham player on the right looked like he might have got the ball, but the one on the left only got Caddis' legs. Same old.
limpwrist

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Sunday, March 13, 2011, 10:37:38 »

Next day and I'm still gutted.
The second that the Daggers lucky ricochet settled in our net I was crestfallen and the only other time I've felt like that was Newport County away all those years ago.
After yesterdays performance I wish some of you here and on Thisis would cut Paul Hart some slack.  This is a whole new team under Hart, really impressed how he's got these players going.
I'm not going to give up hope and see 4 points in the next 2 games swinging our way.
Spencer_White

« Reply #291 on: Sunday, March 13, 2011, 11:07:03 »

Yep, Hart did pretty well yesterday. He has rightly booted Obika into touch after his dismal show of effort last week. I think we did have good enough forwards to play 4-4-2 yesterday, but I thought the actual team selection was the best we could have put out.

I didnt notice the ref that much, but he did make one other terrible decision. A Dagenham player commited a bad professional foul on Grella to stop him breaking towards goal, after which another Dagenham player grabbed Grella in a headlock to make it look like Grella was out of control, when Grella had hardly reacted at all, very very snide gamesmanship. Of course this meant Grella and the Dagenham player were booked, when in fact it should have been 2 Dagenham players.
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Sunday, March 13, 2011, 11:08:44 »

How disappointing was that... Crying The team appeared to be up for it yesterday lots of effort going in from everybody. Andrews settled in well, hopefully Vincent was watching to see how he could change his game...perhaps Palace wil ltake Vincent in exchange. Hart has instilled a postive approach so lets get off his back for a bit.

Great interview with Phil Smith on BBC after the game....I thought it came acroos that the players ( well Smith ) do care about us the fans.....

We`re going down but if we play like yesterday in Div 2 we`ll come back up quickly.

Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Sunday, March 13, 2011, 11:34:45 »

i've just seen the goal we conceeded.
what a flukey, cruel blow.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Sunday, March 13, 2011, 11:50:22 »

I didnt notice the ref that much, but he did make one other terrible decision. A Dagenham player commited a bad professional foul on Grella to stop him breaking towards goal, after which another Dagenham player grabbed Grella in a headlock to make it look like Grella was out of control, when Grella had hardly reacted at all, very very snide gamesmanship. Of course this meant Grella and the Dagenham player were booked, when in fact it should have been 2 Dagenham players.

That was there number 6, Arber i think.

Dirty cunt
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #295 on: Sunday, March 13, 2011, 11:51:06 »

Andrew and Grella would both be very good permanent signings.
The problem with Grella may be the formation we play. I see him as a great player in the hole, not an out and out striker or a winger. But thank God we've now got two players upfield that can hang on to the ball and battle for everything.
Spencer_White

« Reply #296 on: Sunday, March 13, 2011, 11:59:11 »

The problem with Grella may be the formation we play. I see him as a great player in the hole, not an out and out striker or a winger. But thank God we've now got two players upfield that can hang on to the ball and battle for everything.

This season weve ended up playing Dossevi in about half our games, and you could say exactly the same thing about him. The difference is Grella can play football.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Sunday, March 13, 2011, 12:26:35 »

I said to my mate, that Andrew and Grella are what Vince and Doss should've been.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #298 on: Sunday, March 13, 2011, 12:31:22 »

This season weve ended up playing Dossevi in about half our games, and you could say exactly the same thing about him. The difference is Grella can play football.
100% agree but will our system allow us to get the best out of him?
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Sunday, March 13, 2011, 12:59:59 »

Dagneham manager says in The Sun that it WAS a penalty.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: