Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: L2 next season....who do you want?  (Read 61276 times)
Spencer_White

« Reply #195 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2011, 20:51:27 »

You're right, I did Ralphy! Couldn't resist. Thanks for your endorsements so far, means a lot from a scummer.
Your fellow Town fans can call me a cunt, which is really hurtful, but at least we all support our home town clubs, or in your case a team near where we live. I'd far rather have a conversation with a Swindon fan any day than a Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal tosser. You know me, I'm not interested in aggro or having a go. Its only bloody football. I hate Swindon, yeah, but its just a rivalry.
What I take exception to is a knob head who claims Oxford fans know nothing about football. I'm obviously going to disagree with that. And I was pointing out that our City (unlike your town) is the home of Oxford Uni, so how can anyone claim we are all fuckwits? I admitted we've got plenty of twats and numb skulls at our games, and I often fall out with such idiots at games.
Anyway, decent night for your lot last night I see. First time you've avoided defeat for a while.

If you come from Saxton Road in Abingdon you might well support Oxford United, but you wouldnt be going to Oxford University. Same with Blackbird Leys, or the south side of Sutton Courtenay.

The people in Oxfordshire with a chance of going to Oxford University (or going to any university) usually dont like lower league football. To them I dont think OUFC have ever shrugged off its hooligan reputation from the 1980s. This is going to wind you right up, but they are a bit embaressed by Oxford United.

People involved with the university are not OUFC fans, and the fact OUFC fans cant seem to separate the 2, doesnt say a lot for your intelligence.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 16, 2011, 21:04:48 by Spencer_White » Logged
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2011, 21:05:23 »

The University argument is a complete red herring.  Oxford is split down the middle - 'town' and 'gown'.  You've got the University which, for historical reasons, occupies and owns pretty much the whole of the city centre.  And then there's the rest of town...the hinterland that Betjeman once disparagingly described as follows:

'East Oxford, where the works are, beyond Magdalen Bridge, is indistinguishable from Swindon, Neasden or Tooting Bec.'

Oxford townies grumble persistently about how the centre of town is over-run with 'bloody students'.  And most students, in turn, have very little reason to venture outside of the student enclave in the city centre.  There used to be sizeable student communities in certain residential areas, particularly off the Cowley Road, but in recent years the Colleges have got their act together and have built a vast quantity of student accommodation with the effect that few students now need to rent privately.  This has further increased the separation of the university from the town.  The two worlds barely meet, and just about tolerate each other at best.

So the presence of the University has very little bearing on the fuckwittedness of your average Oxford resident.
PigFarmer

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2011, 21:14:26 »

So the presence of the University has very little bearing on the fuckwittedness of your average Oxford resident.

So the lack of a University in Swindon, similarly, has very little bearing on the fuckwittedness of Swindonians.

99% of people are fuckwitted in my opinion.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #198 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2011, 21:19:50 »

And I was pointing out that our City (unlike your town) is the home of Oxford Uni, so how can anyone claim we are all fuckwits?

That statement is the very essence of fuckwittery!

You have the uni in your town/city, therefore the population cannot be stupid?Huh??? The stupidity of that post alone nullifies any claim the residents (particularly you) might have to intelligence because the uni is there. How many work there? How many study there? How many can even spell Oxford University.

What a fucking idiotic thing to say. Reminds me of a Jack Dee sketch about how every fucker you meet in a Hereford pub is ex-SAS and can kill you with a look.

If it is not beyond you to think before you blurt something out next time, try it. Fucking bopard.

Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2011, 21:21:07 »

You're very angry these days BR Smiley
Spencer_White

« Reply #200 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2011, 21:23:28 »

Doesnt the Pox ignorance wind you up then?
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #201 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2011, 21:24:02 »

Not at all mate.

I just like picking on fuckwits. It's fun and it's easy. Smiley
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2011, 21:25:17 »

Not at all mate.

I just like picking on fuckwits. It's fun and it's easy. Smiley

Well in that case i shall be logging off soon Cheesy
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2011, 21:27:27 »

Doesnt the Pox ignorance wind you up then?

Meh, not much winds me up, i'm pretty laid back.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #204 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2011, 21:28:26 »

Just swap SAS with Oxford scholar. Should work.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2011, 23:45:49 »

I quite enjoy the Town/Oxford bitterness, but lets face it.....they are tinpot.
bullethead

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Thursday, February 17, 2011, 18:53:00 »

You're right, I did Ralphy! Couldn't resist. Thanks for your endorsements so far, means a lot from a scummer.
Your fellow Town fans can call me a cunt, which is really hurtful, but at least we all support our home town clubs, or in your case a team near where we live. I'd far rather have a conversation with a Swindon Oxford fan any day than a Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal tosser. You know me, I'm not interested in aggro or having a go. Its only bloody football. I hate Swindon Oxford, yeah, but its just a rivalry.What I take exception to is a knob head who claims Oxford fans know nothing about football. I'm obviously going to disagree with that. And I was pointing out that our City (unlike your town) is the home of Oxford Uni, so how can anyone claim we are all fuckwits? I admitted we've got plenty of twats and numb skulls at our games, and I often fall out with such idiots at games.
Anyway, decent night for your lot last night I see. First time you've avoided defeat for a while.

My sentiments too, only in reverse obviously, i.e. I hate Oxford. Note I have also got my kids hating Oxford too, although they have no idea why   Cheesy
Spencer_White

« Reply #207 on: Friday, February 18, 2011, 18:45:48 »

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/8861345.U_s_fans_await_sentence_for__Wild_West_style_bar_brawl_/?ref=mr

They were there on a coach after their game was cancelled?

Scummy behaviour!
« Last Edit: Friday, February 18, 2011, 21:23:24 by Spencer_White » Logged
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Friday, February 18, 2011, 20:49:38 »

Thick twats mustve got lost

Last time i looked kettering was up north from oxford and cheltenham is to the west
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Friday, February 18, 2011, 20:51:53 »

Sean Keaney, 19, of Outram Road, Oxford, threw a missile.

Sean Bone, 30, from Owens Way, Cowley, threw a chair.

Surely a chair would be classed as a missile?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: