Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: It's goodbye from him and it's goodbye from me........................  (Read 10839 times)
ScillyRed

« on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 11:06:37 »

Having been a town fan since the 70s, I fear that the current rash of events have left me totally dissollusioned with football as a whole and Town in particular. We all expect players to move on for whatever reasons, however the players that are currently leaving should be the bedrock and future of our club.  Being a non attending, semi lurker I have no idea of what goes on behind the scenes, financially or managerially, what I do know is that as soon as anyone is worth £££s they go. Perhaps after 40 years it has finally dawned on me that we will never achieve a form of greatness, we have found our level and will always take a step forwards and two backwards - perhaps this is the fun of it all ? Sadly, it has got to the point where the football side just irritates me - I must be turning into a grumpy old git ! Finally, thanks Mr Fitton for saving us - the next stage will be far far far more difficult. Ramble over back to the home............................................ Bye
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 11:11:31 »

Have you really been sitting there, supporting Town since the 70's waiting for us to achieve greatness? I can't believe its taken you that long to relaise that we'll never get to that point?! We'll always be a selling club. Fact.

Supporting Swindon isn't about waiting for the next league title, or cup win, its about enjoying those highs ever more because we all know how truly terrible the lows can be.

As far as I'm concerned, we have a stable club with a board who are trying to run it properly. Thats number 1 in my book. We have a club to support and will do for the forseeable future.

So why not wrap up, take stock, and get up to the CG on Saturday?
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 11:14:03 »

You have to enjoy matchdays aswell though welsh,thats the whole point. I can be happy the club is stable and being run well from my front room tbh
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 11:20:55 »

Every single club is a selling club.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 11:21:25 »

what DRS said. last season good, this season bad... frustrating, but that's life. No-one has done this deliberately, things just haven't worked out for whatever reason. We might have some proper money to spend after today and whether that gets spent now or the summer, is quite exciting in itself.

guess it just depends on whether glass is half full/empty...

i'd be far more concerned if it was fitton and co. leaving.
ScillyRed

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 11:23:24 »

Thanks Welsh
1) Can't physically get to matches
2) Delighted that club is on a stable footing but
3) Sad that we are constantly selling off our future and the hope of achieving more highs than lows

That's all I was trying to say - at least I am still a fan (of sorts), top the prediction league & have never been called the C word    Cheesy
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 11:25:24 »

hahahaha, who's gonna go first?!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 11:27:16 »

If we can crawl out of this mess then i will be relieved, then look forward.

Clems Army!
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 11:28:07 »

You have to enjoy matchdays aswell though welsh,thats the whole point. I can be happy the club is stable and being run well from my front room tbh

Perhaps its the fact that being there every week isn't an option for me. I have a young family and money is tight, but my old man has a season ticket so I go up with him whenever I can make it.

So I don't have to watch the turgid displays. I listen to them on the computer (they're still difficult to take!)

I just think that when you weigh it all up, the situation we currerntly find ourselves in is so much better than we were a couple of years ago when we were playing poorly, run by crooks, had a team full of rubbish and were in or close to administration.

At the moment we have a team of underperforming players (we all know how they can play), a solid grounding, a possible ground redevelopment to look forward to, money to pay players, potential money to spend, a decent manager (shush) and a brilliant board.

We will crawl out of this mess, whether its this season, or next, or the one after. I've learned that things don't happen too quickly in this world, especially with STFC.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 11:28:54 »

Perhaps its the fact that being there every week isn't an option for me. I have a young family and money is tight, but my old man has a season ticket so I go up with him whenever I can make it.

So I don't have to watch the turgid displays. I listen to them on the computer (they're still difficult to take!)

I just think that when you weigh it all up, the situation we currerntly find ourselves in is so much better than we were a couple of years ago when we were playing poorly, run by crooks, had a team full of rubbish and were in or close to administration.

At the moment we have a team of underperforming players (we all know how they can play), a solid grounding, a possible ground redevelopment to look forward to, money to pay players, potential money to spend, a decent manager (shush) and a brilliant board.

We will crawl out of this mess, whether its this season, or next, or the one after. I've learned that things don't happen too quickly in this world, especially with STFC.

Good post.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 11:29:00 »

Thanks Welsh
3) Sad that we are constantly selling off our future and the hope of achieving more highs than lows

That's all I was trying to say - at least I am still a fan (of sorts), top the prediction league & have never been called the C word    Cheesy
I totally understand where you're comign from mate, it's gutting to see these players leave. But the money we have received for players like Parkin, Cox, Morrison (and shortly Austin) is hardly insignificant. If we have a bidding war between four clubs it's only going to push the price up for him and it'll ensure we get a good deal. The challenge now is to get somebody in by next week, and I sincerely hope Wilson and Fitton have been preparing themselves for this.
ScillyRed

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 11:32:27 »

Totally agree  
I will be delighted to de-plastic myself when the time arrives  Beers
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 11:36:16 »

Thanks Welsh

That's all I was trying to say - at least I am still a fan (of sorts), top the prediction league & have never been called the C word    Cheesy

Cunt. There you go

Sad to say, i must be on my way
ScillyRed

« Reply #13 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 11:36:54 »

YAWN................................................
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 11:37:10 »

Having been a town fan since the 70s, I fear that the current rash of events have left me totally dissollusioned with football as a whole and Town in particular. We all expect players to move on for whatever reasons, however the players that are currently leaving should be the bedrock and future of our club.  Being a non attending, semi lurker I have no idea of what goes on behind the scenes, financially or managerially, what I do know is that as soon as anyone is worth £££s they go. Perhaps after 40 years it has finally dawned on me that we will never achieve a form of greatness, we have found our level and will always take a step forwards and two backwards - perhaps this is the fun of it all ? Sadly, it has got to the point where the football side just irritates me - I must be turning into a grumpy old git ! Finally, thanks Mr Fitton for saving us - the next stage will be far far far more difficult. Ramble over back to the home............................................ Bye

thanks for the insight   i can understand your views because we are in the worst league position for 40 years and that we are selling a young striker that cost 50k for rumoured £2million.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: