Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: It's goodbye from him and it's goodbye from me........................  (Read 10840 times)
Gelbfüßler

Was gücksch?

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 16:08:25 »

ScillyRed, maybe you could start supporting Truro City. They seem to be going places. Conference South next season at this rate.

The Manchester City of the Southern League. It will all end in tears when their chairman pulls the plug.

Wir lassen uns unsere Liebe nicht nehmen
Nicht von den Bullen und nicht vom DFB
shady

Free the Etuhu one!!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 16:19:18 »

They were saying that a few seasons back to be fair, when Mr Heaney's former company, Cornish Homes, when into liquidation. A fair few disgruntled creditors in the Duchy for sure. I think they can make a crack at getting to the  Conference Premier, but the football league will be beyond them.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 16:22:54 »

I really don't get it, why do people think things will ever be that much different?  We quite literally get the odd good season.  Anyone who watches us to see a success has barked up the wrong tree, only a few clubs are worth hanging around for that.  Fuck, Rochdale would be playing in front of the subs by now if that was why people watched the game.

Isn't it about watching a club that means something to you, rejoicing when we win, going away frustrated when we lose and returning the next week to start all over again?  Sometimes life gets in the way, money is tight etc, but I doubt many people actually stop going because we lose too often.  Check out our entire history, it gives us a clue, over time we are probably a club that will lose as many as we win, bob between the division above and the one below from time to time.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #33 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 16:24:46 »

I really don't get it, why do people think things will ever be that much different?  We quite literally get the odd good season.  Anyone who watches us to see a success has barked up the wrong tree, only a few clubs are worth hanging around for that.  Fuck, Rochdale would be playing in front of the subs by now if that was why people watched the game.

Isn't it about watching a club that means something to you, rejoicing when we win, going away frustrated when we lose and returning the next week to start all over again?  Sometimes life gets in the way, money is tight etc, but I doubt many people actually stop going because we lose too often.  Check out our entire history, it gives us a clue, over time we are probably a club that will lose as many as we win, bob between the division above and the one below from time to time.
Thing is Rob looking at the average age of most fans we are not used to having decent proper wealthy owners in charge who actually have the finances to back up what THEY have promised.

That's why it is different from most seasons
shady

Free the Etuhu one!!

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 16:24:50 »

And the occasional demotion due to financial shenanigans
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 16:32:44 »

Thing is Rob looking at the average age of most fans we are not used to having decent proper wealthy owners in charge who actually have the finances to back up what THEY have promised.

That's why it is different from most seasons

I don't think they made any promises, did they? They set out a 5-year plan which is what any business should do. They haven't said that they were going to be throwing millions at this club to achieve the business plan, they've said that they want to run the club properly, which they're doing.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #36 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 16:34:53 »

I don't think they made any promises, did they? They set out a 5-year plan which is what any business should do. They haven't said that they were going to be throwing millions at this club to achieve the business plan, they've said that they want to run the club properly, which they're doing.
To be fair promised is the wrong word but i'm fairly certain our current situation is not what was on the agenda

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 16:37:08 »

the 3 year which became the 5 year which became the 1 year plan......
what a load of bollocks that is-was
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 16:46:14 »

To be fair promised is the wrong word but i'm fairly certain our current situation is not what was on the agenda

Being in or around the relegation wasn't on anybody's agenda. The thing is, there's no magic formula for a successful football team aside from spending loads of money, which our board isn't prepared to do (and quite rightly so imo). I think they've spent enough getting us out of the situation we were in before they arrived.

The best you can do without spending the money is to try and make money that you can afford to spend (which they're doing) and employ the staff who you think can do the job (which they've done).
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #39 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 16:59:19 »

Being in or around the relegation wasn't on anybody's agenda. The thing is, there's no magic formula for a successful football team aside from spending loads of money, which our board isn't prepared to do (and quite rightly so imo). I think they've spent enough getting us out of the situation we were in before they arrived.

The best you can do without spending the money is to try and make money that you can afford to spend (which they're doing) and employ the staff who you think can do the job (which they've done).
Yes but we wouldn't need a magic formula in the first place would we if we didn't have a strategy in place that means we will sell every decent player after 12 months if they make a profit.

This season is showing us that this plan is not working and won't work. I appreciate we need to bring money in and if it means losing our star player once a season that's fine but when we let out of contract players go or lose experienced players go and only bring in youngsters in the hope we make a profit in 12 months i find that a bit of a piss take
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 17:05:57 »

I really don't get it, why do people think things will ever be that much different? 

Well, then whats the point?

Lets just accept we'll be in L1 till we all die and save ourselves some wasted hours and £££

I'm sure fans of Wigan, Blackpool and Fulham thought the same thing.
Reeeeeves

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 17:10:23 »

Wigan and Fulham had wealthy backers chucking money at them and Blackpool took advantage of a massively overachieving season to hit the jackpot in the Premiership. 

I'd prefer our owners responsibly run our club properly than throw money around, putting us back in financial trouble again.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #42 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 17:13:52 »

So would we all reeves but i would also like stability on the pitch not just off it.
Reeeeeves

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 17:14:37 »

It'd be boring if we were always mid-table Smiley
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 17:16:30 »

League One is boring full stop.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print