Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Charlie Out In 24hours  (Read 44299 times)
Meth Test

« Reply #180 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 22:43:32 »

Interesting to see all the hatred and bile towards Austin recently for his lack of loyalty but by christ he has carried us over the past twelve months (excluding the last 2 weeks). If we've sold him for £1.9m and we can use virtually all of that for new players then great! My worry is the board don't trust Wilson to spend any money so it could be a loan or two instead of the 4 permanent additions we so clearly need (2 strikers, 1 winger and a big commanding centre half).

Someone has to save us from the visual buggeration that is 4th division football - holy fuck it was bad watching that last time we were down there.

I'm still traumatised by Onibuje, Brownlie and co the last time we played at that standard. Bring back Ricky Shakes and his ability to trap a ball ten metres.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 22:47:46 »

They just let him commit £150,000 on Flint, hardly a sign they don't trust him to spend money.
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 22:50:56 »

Royce Brownlie, now there was a player....

I'm sure Wilson has a few cards to play yet, perhaps Austin moving on will be the boost we need - in a kinda perverse way. Finally, we get to see the dream combination of Pericard and Dossevi.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #183 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 22:56:08 »

Love the optimism. Wilson was talking about the loan market on Tuesday night.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 22:57:32 »

Royce Brownlie, now there was a player....

I'm sure Wilson has a few cards to play yet, perhaps Austin moving on will be the boost we need - in a kinda perverse way. Finally, we get to see the dream combination of Pericard and Dossevi.

Barnet at home and Wycombe away spring to mind....crackers.
Meth Test

« Reply #185 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 23:00:32 »

RobertT - Jesus fucking wept... does anyone believe we've spent £150k on a lad playing in the 6th tier! Course we haven't FFS. It's probably £20,000 rising to £150k if he becomes pope and all that...

The club propaganda really does reel some people in. £150k? We only spent £15k upfront on Austin from what our board say.

As a bit of context we sold Morrison for £250k to a championship club. If we DID sign Flint for £150k that is truly fucking insane. It means there is no gulf between our level and the conference north and I just can't see that.

Why is everyone so satisfied with our total lack of ambition this season? It will be great to be debt free and have a spanking new stadium playing in front of 4423 people when we are in the bottom division again wont it ?

Fuck me.

leefer

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 23:03:27 »

RobertT - Jesus fucking wept... does anyone believe we've spent £150k on a lad playing in the 6th tier! Course we haven't FFS. It's probably £20,000 rising to £150k if he becomes pope and all that...

The club propaganda really does reel some people in. £150k? We only spent £15k upfront on Austin from what our board say.

As a bit of context we sold Morrison for £250k to a championship club. If we DID sign Flint for £150k that is truly fucking insane. It means there is no gulf between our level and the conference north and I just can't see that.

Why is everyone so satisfied with our total lack of ambition this season? It will be great to be debt free and have a spanking new stadium playing in front of 4423 people when we are in the bottom division again wont it ?

Fuck me.

Flint was being watched by plenty....he cost us £150,000....big gamble but may be a star.

But i kinda get your point.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #187 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 23:06:27 »

Fuck me.

Nobody is satisifed, hence threads like these.

We've spent more on players this season than we've received in transfer fees.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 23:08:56 »

Fuck me.

I'll give it a miss, you seem a bit tense, it'll end in tears.

I said "committed", as in the club has a liability for £150k, as confirmed by the selling club on their own website.  It may be made up of any number of up front and add on combinations, but we owe it.

You said he won't be trusted to spend any money, he just did, you are wrong and I have my thumb against my nose with my fingers waving above it while blowing a raspberry in your general direction.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 23:12:19 »

If we've sold him for £1.9m and we can use virtually all of that for new players then great! My worry is the board don't trust Wilson to spend any money so it could be a loan or two instead of the 4 permanent additions we so clearly need (2 strikers, 1 winger and a big commanding centre half).

Someone has to save us from the visual buggeration that is 4th division football - holy fuck it was bad watching that last time we were down there.

I'm still traumatised by Onibuje, Brownlie and co the last time we played at that standard. Bring back Ricky Shakes and his ability to trap a ball ten metres.

Wheres this 1.9m figure coming from....

There is a little part of me that thinks at least in div 4 we win occassionally!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Friday, January 28, 2011, 07:01:51 »

Fuck me is austin still here?

I wanted to wake up and see all this bollocks over
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Friday, January 28, 2011, 07:11:09 »

My thoughts exactly, instead news of another defender I've never heard of. Hope he can score 15 from corners between now and April.
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Friday, January 28, 2011, 07:35:04 »

BBC Radio Swindon have reported Charlie Austin couldn't agree personal terms with championship club Ipswich and will today head up to Burnley to hold talks with a possible move to them

Although the fee will remain undisclosed the transfer of Austin could be a new club record thought to be in the region of £1.75m - £1.8m.

They also reported that no new striker will be bought in before the weekend and the club were still working on replacements but are up against stiff competion on the calibre of striker they want.  Should Pericard not recover from injury this will leave Dossevi as the only fit striker should Charlie Austin complete his move today.
« Last Edit: Friday, January 28, 2011, 08:00:54 by RJack » Logged
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Friday, January 28, 2011, 07:50:10 »

Fee aside, none of this sounds good. Amateurish, one could say...

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Friday, January 28, 2011, 07:51:37 »

Can't agree personal terms? What does he want!?! Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: