Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Charlie Out In 24hours  (Read 44008 times)
carbonwhite

Ignore
« on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 06:38:22 »

Burnley, Blackpool, Southampton and an unnamed championship club are all in the running also mentions and young centre back that could sign today

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/8814750.Austin_poised_for_Town_exit/
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 06:49:14 »

Good.

Bye Charlie.
Dozno9

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 07:41:51 »

Bye bye.  Bye

Hope we use the money wisely though.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 07:44:42 »

Charlie out? Well it is the one rumour that the 'friend of a friend's dad' haven't spread about him.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 07:48:23 »

As much as I think we need this to happen harmony/morale wise. I really can't see us getting anyone else in before the 1st.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 07:56:44 »

Good. The Austin circus does need to be concluded quickly.

From a purely money point of view this could be the best deal we have ever done.
From a team performance point of view this could be the worst deal we have ever done.

When he goes we need two strikers that know where the goal is. I doubt that a "proven" striker is a) available, b) within our budget and c) want to come here. For example I saw Nathan Tyson saying he wasn't sure he'd be at Forest next year. I thin he fits the bill, but would he drop a league?

I think well be looking down the leagues rather than up.
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 09:39:38 by Batch » Logged
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 08:21:50 »

I agree think Tyson would be a fantastic signing, probably the best that's out there in our price range, but can't imagine him wanting to come here.

This isn't like last January when Pericard turned down offers from Championship clubs to come here.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 08:24:57 »

Doesn't Tyson get in at Forest anymore ? No way would he come here though.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 08:26:17 »

Situation reminds me a bit of the time we sold Fjortoft. He was among the divisions leading scorers in a team that was struggling at the wrong end of the table. We sold him, didn't replace him & all hope of staying up was gone.

The only upside us that we have longer to bring in a replacement, but with our recent track record it wouldn't be too much of a surprise to see us end up without one.
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 08:37:02 »

Burnley, Blackpool, Southampton and an unnamed championship club are all in the running also mentions and young centre back that could sign today

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/8814750.Austin_poised_for_Town_exit/

That report talks about signing a young centre back today - is that Flint or a new, un-named target?

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 09:00:20 »

That report talks about signing a young centre back today - is that Flint or a new, un-named target?

It says 'unnamed'. Flint has already been named. Therefore it must be a new signing.
NorwayRed
Not quite Hitler

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 09:01:25 »

It says 'unnamed'. Flint has already been named. Therefore it must be a new signing.

I'm pretty sure it's Flint, and that the Adver has got it wrong. Two young centrebacks makes no sense, when Wilson said he wanted experience!

Ran the fanclub: Swindon Town Supporters Club of Norway between 1992 and 1998. Now runs the non-commercial online website for Norwegian Swindon-fans.

Twitter: duncanshearer
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 09:10:03 »

'the unnamed Robins target is expected to sign a deal, subject a medical that is due to take place this morning'

The fact it says unamed would imply its not lint as hes been pretty well named a lot over the last week.

Never knowingly overstated.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 09:10:57 »

The fact it says unamed would imply its not lint as hes been pretty well named a lot over the last week.

Yeah, that deal's in the pocket.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 09:16:35 »

Nice Sam, sharpe as a Taylors scissors!
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 09:21:16 by Berniman » Logged

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: