Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Charlie Out In 24hours  (Read 43791 times)
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 09:19:44 »

Like most town fans I will be gutted to see him go.....but does anyone else think that maybe we've tried to structure the team around him, play to his strengths at the expense of the balance of the team ??

Or is it that I am living with a blind optimistic hope that VD & TD will form a new White/Shearer bond ?
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 09:27:07 »

Like most town fans I will be gutted to see him go.....but does anyone else think that maybe we've tried to structure the team around him, play to his strengths at the expense of the balance of the team ??

Yep, reminds me of when Van Nistelrooy left Man Utd as they had to change their playing style to make up the goals. Obviously I'm not actually comparing Charlie to Ruud and us to Utd before any sarcastic fucktard jumps in.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 09:30:46 »

Best of luck to him, glad this has come to a conclusion but I just wish it hadn't dragged out until the 27th of the bloody month.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 09:32:46 »

Best of luck to him, glad this has come to a conclusion but I just wish it hadn't dragged out until the 27th of the bloody month.

Could it be that we were trying to find a direct replacement for Charlie and now that we have one in place we're ready to let him go?
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 09:37:58 »

Could it be that we were trying to find a direct replacement for Charlie and now that we have one in place we're ready to let him go?

Wishful thinking I reckon!
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 09:38:59 »

Im forever the optimist.  Grin
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 09:40:04 »

Would love that to be true, god I hope thats true.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 09:48:02 »

He is only 24 hours from Blackpool!!!!

Please not Saints.....pleeease!!!!

Clems Army!
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 10:01:25 »

Good luck to him, can't blame him for wanting to leave given the season we're having.  It's key how Wilson spends the money.  Problem is the January transfer window is notorious for inflated transfer fees, and with the clock ticking we could end up with a Jon Stevenson or Kaid Mohammad to save us.  I think like others have said Austin stayed for the last 4 games as part of a deal agreed to get us goals and keep us up, but unfortunately that hasn't happened.  As always, we'll be doing it the hard way.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 10:02:16 »

i have faith in DW so reckon we'll have a replacement in by the 1st. Maybe a couple of replacements so we have a decent strike force.

Just wish Charlie all the best. Shame your name was tarnished for a week or so when you handed in your transfer request.

Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 10:04:42 »

Just want this over and done with. It's been fucking stressful and now it's 4 days before the end of the window. Complete fucking circus and a distraction to our already shattered squad.

So long and good luck Charlie, just get a fucking move on.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 10:12:47 »

Leon knights coming back to england...
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 10:18:42 »

Shefki Kuqi. Free agent. No reason to believe he'd sign, other than blind hope. Same for Tyson. He's from Reading at least. They'd make a handy little (and large) pairing.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 10:22:52 »

Leon knights coming back to england...

hahahahahahahahaha. no.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 10:37:38 »

Shefki Kuqi is not very highly regarded in Swansea (obviously as they've let him go) but I think he could do a job in League 1. He's a big lump who can hold the ball up and win it in the air, unlike another certain big lump we have at our club. Would need someone to play up front with him. Tyson would fit the bill nicely.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: