Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Charlie Out In 24hours  (Read 44030 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Friday, January 28, 2011, 13:39:35 »

The window closes Monday at 5pm? When is the deadline for players to be signed eligible to play tomorrow?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Friday, January 28, 2011, 13:40:36 »

Everyone just needs to calm down a little bit.

If we haven't signed anybody when the transfer window closes, then go ahead, implode, but why not just wait and see what happens before going mental?

Agreed i'm quite looking forward to life after Austin maybe the team will perform better without him
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Friday, January 28, 2011, 13:41:23 »

It will probably be less than a million after paying Poole, does Austin get a cut?
no because he handed in a transfer request so isnt entitled to it
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Friday, January 28, 2011, 13:41:30 »

The window closes Monday at 5pm? When is the deadline for players to be signed eligible to play tomorrow?

A player can still  be registered with the club upto midnight Monday.

If a player joins us today he would have needed to be registered with the League by Noon today in order to be eligible to start tomorrow
« Last Edit: Friday, January 28, 2011, 13:43:35 by RJack » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Friday, January 28, 2011, 13:41:53 »

Agreed i'm quite looking forward to life after Austin maybe the team will perform better without him

teams won't know who to mark now freeing up big Vince to take everyone by surprise and start banging them in!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Friday, January 28, 2011, 13:44:04 »

Everyone just needs to calm down a little bit.

If we haven't signed anybody when the transfer window closes, then go ahead, implode, but why not just wait and see what happens before going mental?
not had much experience with swindon and transfers then? We usually leave it too late to sign anyone were used to it now so are expecting us to do the same
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Friday, January 28, 2011, 13:45:32 »

teams won't know who to mark now freeing up big Vince to take everyone by surprise and start banging them in!!
Exactly i believe that's been our biggest problem this season we've had to adapt our style of play to suit Austin where as last season he was in the shadow of Paynter  Too Cool
REDBUCK

« Reply #322 on: Friday, January 28, 2011, 13:53:18 »

Have we suddenly got our defence back then Cheesy
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Friday, January 28, 2011, 13:57:21 »

not had much experience with swindon and transfers then? We usually leave it too late to sign anyone were used to it now so are expecting us to do the same

None of us has had much experience in transfer dealings while Fitton has been around. None of us know who we are talking to, negotiating with etc.

Lets just wait and see, and if we haven't signed anyone by midnight on Monday, then start the abuse.
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Friday, January 28, 2011, 13:58:20 »

Everyone says Swindon fans are negative, but I think I've just stumbled into a conversation about how losing Charlie is going to improve the team. There's being optimistic, and then there's buying a one way ticket to the funny farm Smiley
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Friday, January 28, 2011, 14:01:11 »

Selling Cox improved the team for a season, because we had a bit of extra budget to play with and get a few players in.

Selling Greer made us worse, because we couldn't or didn't do enough with it.

Could go either way.
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Friday, January 28, 2011, 14:02:14 »

Looking at it in negotiation strategy terms, wouldn't it be better to downplay how much we get for Austin to reduce the expectations of any club we're trying to buy someone off.  That's the way I'd do it - "sorry guv, we've only got 300K to play with..etc"
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Friday, January 28, 2011, 14:02:35 »

I am reminded of a story from Liverpool years ago. On the notice board outside a catholic church was a poster saying "How can God help Liverpool?" at the bottom of which someone had written "move St. John to centre forward!"

LJF up front with Dossevi?

Ici Tomas, sur ma tete!
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Friday, January 28, 2011, 14:06:21 »

None of us has had much experience in transfer dealings while Fitton has been around. None of us know who we are talking to, negotiating with etc.

Lets just wait and see, and if we haven't signed anyone by midnight on Monday, then start the abuse.
we have enough ecpierience to no he drags them out we started last season short of strikers then we brought in CA. This season we failed to replace GG and BP. Seems more likely that we wont replace CA but i cant see them doing it a third time
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Friday, January 28, 2011, 14:11:53 »

Earlier in the season when Austin did his shoulder our record with Pericard and Dossevi up front was

P6 W4 L2 D0

Better than our current form!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: