Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Charlie Out In 24hours  (Read 44843 times)
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Friday, January 28, 2011, 12:40:39 »

Eh, I think £1.2m is about right. Hopefully they've put some decent clauses in there so we get another £500k if he scores 20 goals next season or whatever, but that's still a great piece of business by the club when you look at it.
Huwwy

"The world is my lobster"

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Friday, January 28, 2011, 12:41:09 »

I trust Fitton on this more than I trust reports on Sky. He's no mug and I'm sure will have the best deal we could have got. Anyway, I'm off to buy a bloody big marker pen and will happily draw a huge red line under the season to date and the long drawn out Charlie saga. Our season starts here and now!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Friday, January 28, 2011, 12:42:51 »

If we are going to accept 1.2m then I would suggest that Charlies behaviour has cost the club approx £600k.

Not good at all.

exactly. the tit cost us by playing it all out through the and handing in his request.  bitter. you bet.

at least he has to suffer that northern shirt hole of a town ;-)
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Friday, January 28, 2011, 12:43:32 »

If we are going to accept 1.2m then I would suggest that Charlies behaviour has cost the club approx £600k.

Not good at all.

Indeed. Very disappointing. Charlie gets the move he wanted all along, and we get stiffed for half a million. Anyone still think he's been 'badly advised'?
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Friday, January 28, 2011, 12:45:11 »

I believe the club were looking for £1.2m going up to £1.8m with add ons, plus a sell on clause.

Obviously we are going to lose £200k on that to Poole, but when you consider that Millwall and co. were putting in offers of £600k, which is an absolute joke, it's double what they offered. It didn't help with Charlie putting in a transfer request.

We've just got to get someone in now. Danny Ward for £300k, maybe?

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Friday, January 28, 2011, 12:46:11 »

Yeah, we wanted to get rid of him didn't we? He didn't want to leave and he wanted to stay around, I can't believe we resorted to trying to shift him on for pittance...  Roll Eyes

No it's not. 1.2m for a young, prolific English centre forward with 2 years left on his contract is pittance. What Austin wants to do has fuck all to do with it as he's under contract. There's still a few days left of the transfer window and a better offer would have come in, whether its Burnley is someone else.

I want Austin to leave as much as you but it has to be the right deal for the club. Add on's are a waste of time.
« Last Edit: Friday, January 28, 2011, 12:52:41 by System » Logged

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Friday, January 28, 2011, 12:46:17 »

If he has gone he has gone, We must now put that money regardless of the amount towards keeping us up.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Friday, January 28, 2011, 12:48:28 »

We've just got to get someone in now. Danny Ward for £300k, maybe?

Yes please. What happened with that, there was an appeal from Fitton for Ward to come back and not a peep since? Guessing he'll be less keen to come now his mate Charlie's fucked off as well though.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Friday, January 28, 2011, 12:49:50 »

So our record transfer fee has not "been smashed" after all.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Friday, January 28, 2011, 12:51:09 »

Not it's not. 1.2m for a young, prolific English centre forward with 2 years left on his contract is pittance. What Austin wants to do has fuck all to do with it as he's under contract. There's still a few days left of the transfer window and a better offer would have come in, whether its Burnley is someone else.

I want Austin to leave as much as you but it has to be the right deal for the club. Add on's are a waste of time.

Agree 100%.. good post.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Friday, January 28, 2011, 12:53:01 »

Some of you need to get a grip, whining about a fee that hasn't been confirmed, If it is then moan, all though odds on it will be undisclosed.
Huwwy

"The world is my lobster"

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Friday, January 28, 2011, 12:53:58 »

Not it's not. 1.2m for a young, prolific English centre forward with 2 years left on his contract is pittance. What Austin wants to do has fuck all to do with it as he's under contract. There's still a few days left of the transfer window and a better offer would have come in, whether its Burnley is someone else.

1.2 would be very low but we dont know the full details. What we do know is that he doesnt wasnt to play for us which, whatever we feel about it, has got a lot to do with it. Anyway, what if our sell on agreement with Poole is based on a percentage of the Initial price rather than than a price with add ons, for example? I'm sure AF has done the best deal he can.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Friday, January 28, 2011, 12:55:49 »

1.2 upfront then add ons would have always been the deal at ipswich anyway, so doesnt bother me

what does is having to watch tomorrow with dossevi up front on his own!!! maybe Bodin will become a star
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Friday, January 28, 2011, 12:56:24 »

Some of you need to get a grip, whining about a fee that hasn't been confirmed, If it is then moan, all though odds on it will be undisclosed.

we're the opposite of football managers and chairman.  we do comment on speculation.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Friday, January 28, 2011, 12:56:49 »

It is not the 90's

It is not Football Manager/Championship Manager

We are a small traditional League One selling club

£1.2-£1.5million for a player with zero experience higher than this level is not derisory.

Deal with it.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: