Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Tranmere Official Matchday Thread  (Read 43358 times)
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2011, 22:42:28 »

I wouldn't expect Austin to be here by the weekend. I just hope we're left with enough time to get players in.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2011, 22:43:14 »

Desperately unlucky. A missed penalty too.

Alas not good enough. What was the Full-Time reaction at the ground?
Everyone around me was clapping the team off the pitch
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2011, 22:44:07 »

I wouldn't expect Austin to be here by the weekend. I just hope we're left with enough time to get players in.
Well, you'd hope they've got 2 or 3 lined up ready to come in. I use the word hope advisedly here
Dirk Diggler

« Reply #393 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2011, 22:45:32 »

I thought we played fairly well albeit with no real cutting edge. Lecs was excellent, aob bright when he came on but we really needed the three points today, a clean sheet is no longer enough. Another day, better luck and the pen goes in but the club needed a win tonight.

Agree with this entirely
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #394 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2011, 22:45:36 »

Tranmere were absolute shite and we were marginally better. They were there for the taking but we couldn't do it. The 1st half was dreadful and the midfield were an absolute shambles. The 2nd half was better but we could have played all night and not scored. Both JPM and Ritchie were shit. Cuthberts distribution is getting as bad as Ifills.
Despite the fact it was a 6 pointer and we were at home, it felt like we were the away team. We didn't commit people forward and the movement in the 1st half was non existent.
We really are very poor. 1 point against 3 piles of shite is relegation form.
woolster

« Reply #395 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2011, 22:46:32 »

That's because all of you internet warriors were not there!
Clap
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2011, 22:46:58 »

Like I said, chalkie, what we saw tonight was "life after Charlie". And it worries me
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2011, 22:47:21 »

Timlin deserved his MOM just on his 2nd half performance alone, great energy and looks like he is playing for the shirt which is great to see. For me, JPM is, and has been all season a shadow of the player he was last season - his attempt to tackle Jennings after he ghosted past Cuthbert was embarassing.Although not at his best tonight, Douglas for me would be our next biggest loss when Austin moves on so we need some decent signings to keep Douglas onboard and interested.
Great pace from Andy-No-Brain, but please lets not kid ourselves that he is a footballer. If as its been rumoured there were 20 odd scouts in the stand tonight, lets hope they include someone from the Irish Olympic sprint coaching team as they would snap him up.
Ironic dont you think that Austin's last game in a town shirt will be remembered for a penalty miss - no hard feelings from me mind tbh.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2011, 22:47:30 »

Yep, were clapped off the pitch. I suppose at least a bit more effort was shown tonight.

I was impressed with the general attitude of the crowd. Got behind the team for the most part which is pretty good considering the stare we're in.

Also loved the "you're not going anywhere!" chant to Austin  Grin
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #399 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2011, 22:48:07 »

Better 2nd half but i have seriously lost the will now. Yeah it was better but based on what? yeovil. We have some very very good players lookin piss poor at the moment. Obrien Timlin and jfl played well yet key players from last year like jpm douglas amakawaah and cuthbert looked poor at best.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2011, 22:50:01 »

Just back.
Should have won...Charlie...missed pen,one off the line,hit the bar.
Timlin played well,so did Lescinal....Douglas was awfull.
Jennings looks a good prospect for them......no strikers on the bench....shocking state of affairs really.

Good on the fans tonight,in the main got behind the team...good to see and hear,
A match we could off/should have won 3-0.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2011, 22:53:49 »

I think it's just a confidence thing. We look like a team low on confidence. Players not wanting the ball, making hurried passes, a lack of movement, and some of our boys resorting to hoofball.

I don't know what the answer is, but let's get some new faces in and take it from there.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2011, 22:59:26 »

Just back.  To be honest, we should have mullered them.  It really didn't run for us.  As the cliche goes when you're down the bottom you don't get the rub of the green.  Reading the thread back is confusing as it seemed to me that we were in control for all but a small portion of the first half.

Tranmere were shit, ref missed a lot, fans were great considering the situation.

Never knowingly overstated.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #403 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2011, 23:05:14 »

I honestly think alot of us have been fooled into thinking that was a good performance because of what we have seen recently. Be interesting to see the actual stats on that game because i think they had there fair amount of chances aswell and apart from the pen i can't remember the keeper making a save.

Anyone who thinks we should of mullered them needs there head checking.As for life after charlie we are fucked because say what you like he basically created his own chances tonight.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2011, 23:06:58 »

Check the live update thing on The BBC text update. There was some ongoing joke about whether we had scored yet, we got quite a few mentions.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: