Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 61   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: January transfer window thread  (Read 129303 times)
stfcinbmth

« Reply #360 on: Monday, December 26, 2011, 16:18:06 »

In this day, I'm very surprised that any side with a sub-6,000 average home attendance can afford to spend £½ million on one player.  Doesn't sound sustainable to me.

It's the Russian. Keep on turning em down FFS
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 09:48:21 »

With sides in the Championship also taking a look I would be very surprised to see him end up at 'Muff.  As has been mentioned previously it shows how far we have come under the present regime, Diamond Mike would have had that deal wrapped up and on his hols right now! :gay:
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 09:52:26 »

He will be gone i reckon, not to bournemouth though.
And if he doesnt want to be here he can fuck right off imo
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 11:33:46 »

Totally agree Tans.  He hasn't exactly come out and declared his future to Swindon to stop the rumours, I'll be surprised if he's still here in a week or so.  I just hope the Board hold out for as much as they can and Di Canio has a decent replacement lined up, Gabilondo and Esajas are simply not good enough I'm afraid. 

If Ritchie chooses to go to Bournemouth, I would tend to agree with what someone else said,  he doesn't like playing for Di Canio.  It's hardly a move that will catapult his career is it?  Anyway, I'm more concerned about losing Caddis or Flint to be honest.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #364 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 11:47:27 »

Spot on mate.

I also cannot see him at Boremuff they are not a big enough club to go with his ambitions which is far greater than they have even if they now have an owner who will spend a few pennies on players.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #365 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 11:48:47 »

Anyway, I'm more concerned about losing Caddis or Flint to be honest.

I agree with that, I would be much more upset if we lost Flint, Ferry or Caddis, if Ritchie doesnt want to play for us then fuck off and turn the light out on the way out.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 11:50:13 »

Yep, in total agreement with all that, we deffo need to keep hold of Flint/Caddis/Ferry if we want a promotion push this year.

Don't get me wrong Ritchie is a quality player, a bit hot/cold and can be very frustrating but I'd love him to stay beyond January.

But if he wants to go then we need to get rid of him as early as we can in the transfer window without compromising his perceived value - this will at least allow us time to get a decent enough replacement. (And not an agent induced/recommended failed foreign legion cast off from the German Oberliga)
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 12:26:53 »

If Ritchie goes, he goes. We've turned down a 1/2 million pound bid for him and anything more than that is a pretty good price for a 4th division winger.   If we can get a replacement that delivers some decent crosses and a big thug of a Striker to knock em  in with the money it wouldn't be bad business. 
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 12:31:57 »

500k is a hell of a lot of money for a player at this level. The fact we've turned that down would suggest we are not keen to sell. If Bournemouth are going to up their offer again though then i'd certainly consider taking it. Ritchie hasn't impressed me for a while now.
corner

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 12:35:06 »

If Ritchie goes, he goes. We've turned down a 1/2 million pound bid for him and anything more than that is a pretty good price for a 4th division winger.   If we can get a replacement that delivers some decent crosses and a big thug of a Striker to knock em  in with the money it wouldn't be bad business. 
Tottally agree, its good money for ritchie, i think he will stay, we will see the players that di canio wants arrive in january, with none of the regular first team leave (only silly bids will be accepted). So heres to a great January we will be top three by end of January and win the league. COYR
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 12:47:57 »

If we get 600k for Ritchie and use the money to bring in the likes of Rooney, Benson, or a sneaky bid for Tubbs/McLeod, then I'm not going to complain!

Cats are better than dogs FACT
corner

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 18:40:20 »

me thinks jervis has gone back to birmingham,
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 18:57:50 »

It's not really up to Richie to profess undying love for us IMO. I was stood behind the goal yesterday but nearer the corner flag on his wing. He certainly played like he gave a shit and that's all I can ask for. Ok some things didn't come off but it certainly wasn't the performance of someone who's mind was in B'muff.

It does make me laugh how some people think McLeod is the answer. Maybe as a replacement for Clarke to go out on loan following an inevitable ruck with Paolo. Tubbs? Yeah I'd take him but can't see Crawley letting him go, especially to a rival.
DRS

« Reply #373 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 19:31:24 »

Paolo could you provide an example of McLeod causing trouble.Genuine request as i can't find anything.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 19:38:40 »

In fairness there is plenty of reference to his "bad attitude" by fellow fans, which while hardly being conclusive does ring some alarm bells none the less.

http://www.smfserver.com/forums/thehotelend/index.php?action=printpage;topic=470.0
http://www.yellowsforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=oufcplayers&action=print&thread=6354
http://www.brfcforum.co.uk/index.php?/topic/96752-izale-mcleod/
http://www.cricketnetwork.co.uk/boards/read/s66.htm?426,11762252

Here is one with quotes from Jacket regarding a bust up while on loan at Millwall because he didn't make the bench:

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/24667/mcleod-back-at-the-den

That said, if we were to sign him then I'm sure the management will have been convinced the problems, if they existed, are behind him. They surely wouldn't risk another Clarke.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 19:57:26 by Batch » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 61   Go Up
Print
Jump to: