Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 61   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: January transfer window thread  (Read 127917 times)
borgnan
Tittle tattler

Ignore
« on: Friday, January 7, 2011, 19:36:47 »

Hey guys, i've noticed that we don't currently have a transfer window thread, so here we are.

Rumours welcome (although not off the shitty rumour site)

Who do we think we might sign, who do you think we need, who needs to be offloaded, realistically that is??? Ect ect....

Personally i think we need at least one new striker (yeah i know, common knowledge and fairly obvious), i would like to see someone in the mold of the chief or iffy onuora. Some big, powerful, frightens the life out of the average centre half and can nod a few goals in the process. Basically i think we need a player that we all thought big Vince was going to be.
I still think another centre half is a must, i know Frampton has agreed to the end of the season and he looks solid enough, but injuries are still a bit of a question mark over him for me.
Another left sided player should also be added to replace O'Brien, who has consistently proved a big let down and if his alleged wages are to be believed i think we could do a lot lot better. I also think a right sided player should be signed as competition for JP.
Now whether these are loan players or perm signings remains to be seen, i guess a lot hangs on the Charlie situation, personally i think he'll be here until the summer, but that is a whole different discussion.

Finally, outs:
O'Brien - simply not good enough and we need to get shot if possible
Lesc - I actually really rate the guy, just think he needs time and could do with a loan spell
Ball - I don't think his loan will be extended
Bodin and a few of the other youngsters, Evans, Thompson - These lads should get some loan experience if possible
borgnan
Tittle tattler

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, January 7, 2011, 19:38:39 »

And before it's mentioned, i know there is a transfer rumours thread!!  Clap
STFC-4-LIFE

« Reply #2 on: Friday, January 7, 2011, 19:40:41 »

A striker or two is the priority now, We need a decent partner for Austin and decent backup as Pericard/Dossevi just aren't good enough, If Austin leaves i'd say we need 3 new strikers.
borgnan
Tittle tattler

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, January 7, 2011, 19:48:34 »

I would think at least two if he does leave. I do still have faith that there is more to come from Dossevi, the guy always seems to give 100% to me and has obvious talent, i think a lot of it is still down to settling in and coming to terms with the pace and hustle and bustle of L1. As for Pericard, i do believe that sometimes he gets overly criticised, it's almost a crusade for some people, but agreed he isn't good enough.
STFC-4-LIFE

« Reply #4 on: Friday, January 7, 2011, 20:06:22 »

I would think at least two if he does leave. I do still have faith that there is more to come from Dossevi, the guy always seems to give 100% to me and has obvious talent, i think a lot of it is still down to settling in and coming to terms with the pace and hustle and bustle of L1. As for Pericard, i do believe that sometimes he gets overly criticised, it's almost a crusade for some people, but agreed he isn't good enough.

Without a doubt, 23 goals in his whole career proves he just isn't a goalscorer.
borgnan
Tittle tattler

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, January 7, 2011, 20:19:57 »

Agreed, i don't know exact figures but i would guess at least 15-20 of those have been since the start of the 09/10 season?!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, January 7, 2011, 20:22:38 »

Nearly half of them were scored in 2002/3
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, January 7, 2011, 20:29:55 »

In Divisional news rather than us, Peterborough signed Jon Obika on loan from Tottenham and Kieran Agard from Everton this morning, both strikers. Not seen Agard play but I'd have loved to see Obika here.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #8 on: Friday, January 7, 2011, 20:33:43 »

Keiran Agard is a name that has been flitting around for ages... I don't how why Everton haven't shipped out earlier as he's 21 now with only one league appearance to his name.
borgnan
Tittle tattler

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, January 7, 2011, 20:44:47 »

How many did he get for Carlisle last season? He must have at least 8-10 for the town in total now too?
Would liked to have seen Obika here, he looked a real threat when he was at Yeovil and had a half decent goal scoring record as well. I get the impression that Wilson is looking for more of a target man though. Never really heard of Agard, so that doesn't overly upset me.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, January 7, 2011, 20:49:13 »

He scored 4 for Carlisle and has scored 2 for Swindon.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, January 7, 2011, 20:52:44 »

3 for Swindon, but two in the League, one in the FA Cup. 13 starts, 20 sub appearences. But yes, off topic.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, January 7, 2011, 20:59:13 »

Reid at Newport is supposed to be someone we have been watching.
Coca Fola

« Reply #13 on: Friday, January 7, 2011, 21:02:45 »

3 for Swindon, but two in the League, one in the FA Cup. 13 starts, 20 sub appearences. But yes, off topic.
You mean 6. 2 in the league, 1 in the fa cup and 3 in the jpt.
borgnan
Tittle tattler

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, January 7, 2011, 21:04:25 »

It was 6 in total for Carlisle last season and 3 since signing for us. I thought he'd put a few more in than that to be honest, my bad. Looking at his stats and the numerous clubs he's had, i think he may have already hit his quota for the Town. The only club who would potentially take him, Carlisle, but i guess those bridges are now well and truely burned!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 61   Go Up
Print
Jump to: