Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rochdale FC vs Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 45215 times)
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 11:25:09 »

Frampton wont be back..hopefully,nothing against him but what did he bring to the team at Yeovil?
Makes me laugh really because most wouldnt have Sheehan and Amankwah starting...just shows how we all see it differently.

Frampton is supposed to be back on Tuesday night isn't he? Or at least available. And he only played 1 game for us. Bit hard to judge.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 11:27:51 »

True Onion.....though i still think it was a rather panicky signing.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 11:43:18 »

I like Lecs too, but  for yesterday his CV will read. First goal, fell on his arse and handballed it. 2nd Goal, fell on his arse and gave their stirker a free shot. 3rd goal deflected into the path of Jones/Morrison to head in the equaliser, not his greatest series of events. Coupled with the slip against ColU that led to Smith almost fumbling in,  someone should make sure he's actually got studs in his boots.

That's a bit harsh. 1st goal he was trying to block the cross, ball hit his hand - shit happens. 2nd goal he slipped. 3rd goal he takes none of the blame, he did his job covering the left back who was on a walkabout and didn't quite get there in time to block the cross. Who was on their man that scored? Looked like Morrison. Why the fuck did he try to head it clear rather than put his boot through it?

I was looking at our stats this season compared to last. After the same number of games (17 league, 5 cup) the goal differences are the same at +5, the difference is last season it was F27 A22 and this season F39 A34. The real damage this season has been the last 6 league games in which we've conceded 17 compared to 6 in the same games last season.

Makes me think part of the problem is that we've been pushing forward a lot more, resulting in us scoring more but leaving more gaps at the back and conceding more. Fuck only knows what's happened over the last 6 games though.

Greer or another experienced centre back may improve things a bit but it won't solve the real problem - our defence going in to twat mode and forgetting how to do their job. Could just be confidence, which needs a bit of luck and a run of good performances to put right. Or for Wilson and the coaches to start doing their job.
jb

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 11:46:25 »

In my opinion Frampton is not the answer.

Consistency of personnel is key to the success of our team this year I feel.

Both LJF and Morrison have the ability to be a good centre back pairing.

They will get better with game time and a few harsh words from DW and Co.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 11:50:18 »

Its more the style of play....how about the midfielders and strikers do more attacking....and let the defence do just that...defend,the third goal yesterday really proved the fact about our defence always pushing forward...all out of position miles upfield.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 12:49:12 »

Catch 22 though. If we'd sat back yesterday we'd have let one in. We always do, and Wilson/the players would have been slaughtered. We were trying to put the game out of reach and it did look at the time if that was the right way to go, as Rochdale had been on the ropes for 20 minutes previous, Unfortunately for us we got caught with a sucker punch. Talking to some Dale fans in the pub after, they said they thought we'd be near the top as we are shit hot going forward, but not so good at the back which we already know. Yesterday I thought might tell me where will end up, but I'm still none the wiser, still need a CB and a Striker which is obvious I know.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #441 on: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 12:52:53 »

We don't need another striker, we are scoring plenty of goals
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 12:59:22 »

I think we do. Pericard is injured a lot. Still not entirely convinced by Dossevi, and Ball doesn't look as though he'll score many, Charlie's one game from a suspension and if he get's injured we'll have problems. Besides a lot of our goals are coming from other areas, not from whoever partners Charlie.
jb

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 13:01:17 »

Its more the style of play....how about the midfielders and strikers do more attacking....and let the defence do just that...defend,the third goal yesterday really proved the fact about our defence always pushing forward...all out of position miles upfield.

Agreed. However isn't Rose the only one pushing forward at the moment? Cuthbert seems to be playing defensively.

The problem seems to lie in away games predominately, surely this can be rectified with the right coaching, as the ability is there.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 13:05:12 »

Well jb on that third goal yesterday all four defenders were miles upfield....i just wish we could have got two up in the Yeovil and Rochdale game...may/probably would have won easily.
Same at home in a few matches...just can,t seem to put teams to the sword when we are well on top.
jb

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 13:08:18 »

Fair enough, didn't see that goal. Yeh we've got issues if our centre backs are trying to attack!
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 13:14:24 »

Still a good point yesterday though.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 14:07:21 »

And for 3 minutes it was brilliant, the reason why we trudge up and down the country to watch football.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 15:02:24 »

Was out of position for the 3rd goal. Can't remember anything else though. Have to say I thought he was pretty damn good yesterday bar that. Deffo keeping Sheehan out of the side. I think our bigger worries are the 2 current CBs in Morrison and LJF.

Fair enough, we all see it differently. I hope Rose shores things up defensively, because his delivery and free kicks, to state the blindingly obvious, are exceptional. But Sheehan (in my opinion) is a safe bet going forward and at the back - comfortable on the ball, overlaps, just more solid.

As for Amakwaah, this years version hasn't been up to it - but this years version also hasn't been fit. We miss his threat down the right going forward - he's big enough to handle himself as well.

Someone said it earlier in the thread - good individual defenders - not a cohesive unit. A good young CB needs a leader with him. We've 3 youngsters, and no combination of them has been good enough. Fingers crossed on Frampton getting back.

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 15:23:29 »

Well done to all that went.

My Blackberry going mental in Liverpool all Saturday...with Yay! and Boo!!

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: