Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Here come the cuts  (Read 5395 times)
limpwrist

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, October 20, 2010, 12:25:35 »

If you're poor or need the state to help you survive?  Then bend over and take your kicking.  If you then feel the need to blame someone then it's the Tories, banks, city spivs and Libs in that order.  If you've made a killing under "Blue New Labour" then you can afford to sit back and look smug at the rest of us.
On a more sombre note.  Thatcher is comfortable in hospitable but we live in hope.
One more thing.  I'm a cunt and I know I am.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2010, 12:31:36 »

That doesn't leave many people not to blame. You'ne not earned the "cunt" bit yet but you've made a very good start.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2010, 12:33:43 »

Nabbed off Mex's facebook status: http://www.isthatcherdeadyet.co.uk/

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
flammableBen

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2010, 12:35:16 »

[url width=900 height=621]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d35/flammableben/postcardjpgscaled1000.jpg[/url]
Barry Scott

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2010, 12:55:33 »

Labour have fucked this country raw and any cuts that take place are necessary after the excessive, credit card style spending spree Brown and Blair undertook at our country's expense. We need a kick up the arse and a wakeup call.

If we had someone who ran the country with an ounce of business sense, then we wouldn't be in this fucking state dependent mess. Councils and governmental bodies need to be taught how to save money and cut the fat, then be rewarded accordingly.

As things stand spending is encouraged at all levels and hitting your budget is rewarded. It's disgusting how much money is simply wasted. Cuts are needed, bigtime.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2010, 13:11:32 »

I hope they scrap the project that would mean i will be out of a job in a couple of years.

Wont fucking happen though i suspect. The cunts
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2010, 13:27:26 »

Ah I see the Labour types are going down the well trodden route of blaming someone who hasn't been PM for 20 years rather than blaming the fuckwits that were in power for the last 13.

As always, Labour always blame someone else for their own inadequacies.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2010, 13:32:18 »

George Osborne and David Cameron...putting the 'n' in cuts.

Never knowingly overstated.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2010, 13:34:56 »

George Osborne and David Cameron...putting the 'n' in cuts.

That old joke, funny how Labour passed a bill to cut the deficit by half in 4 years. Er...how the fuck were they going to do that without massive cuts. Answers on a postcard please

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2010, 13:35:38 »

Labour have fucked this country raw and any cuts that take place are necessary after the excessive, credit card style spending spree Brown and Blair undertook at our country's expense. We need a kick up the arse and a wakeup call.

If we had someone who ran the country with an ounce of business sense, then we wouldn't be in this fucking state dependent mess. Councils and governmental bodies need to be taught how to save money and cut the fat, then be rewarded accordingly.

You can't just blame Labour, some of the blame is with everyone who voted for them. It's not like Labour did something unexpected, increasing public spending is one of their things and they made sure everyone knew they were doing it. Once they spent all the cash they raised taxes, then sold off everything they could, then raised taxes, then borrowed, then raised taxes. When you do that, a downturn in the economy means you're screwed. And we're screwed.

The real problem for me though is that the rich aren't taxed enough and the poor aren't given enough support. You'd have thought Labour would have addressed this but everything I've read suggests the gap has gotten bigger under them. It's a bit sad when a poor person's best chance of getting help is the Tory party.

The one ray of light for me is the coalition government, having the two opposing views on most issues and them having to reach a compromise is the best chance we've got of sorting things out better going forward.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2010, 13:36:53 »

That old joke, funny how Labour passed a bill to cut the deficit by half in 4 years. Er...how the fuck were they going to do that without massive cuts. Answers on a postcard please

Tetchy fucker.  Im not here for politics arguments.  Just to call people cunts.

Have fun.

Never knowingly overstated.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2010, 13:37:45 »

Ah I see the Labour types are going down the well trodden route of blaming someone who hasn't been PM for 20 years rather than blaming the fuckwits that were in power for the last 13.

As always, Labour always blame someone else for their own inadequacies.

What I don't get, is how politicians (and they all do it) manage to say something like the following with a straight face and without their nose growing. It's just ridiculous, why do they bother?

Labour leader Ed Miliband accused the chancellor of taking an "irresponsible gamble with our economy and, indeed, many of the frontline services people rely on."
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2010, 13:50:03 »

I blame the immigrants and single mothers
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2010, 14:01:20 »

This has been a long time coming.  The public sector is about to learn what the private sector has had to endure for the last 3 years.  I take no pleasure at all in thinking of the ½ million public sector workers who are likely to lose their jobs...but it is necessary, unfortunately.

I, for one, do blame Labour for the fiscal mess we're in.  How Miliband and Johnson have the nerve to object while the coalition clears up the mess they created, I'll never know.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, October 20, 2010, 14:02:11 »

With the MoD having to cut the workforce from 85,000 to 60,000 you would think the place would be covered by a cloud of depression today.  However they will be running a voluntary redundancy scheme which could result in a payoff worth 21 months of your salary.

I will be filing my application on the day the scheme opens!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: