Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Peterborough United v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 42749 times)
TrueBluePosh

« Reply #555 on: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 20:14:47 »

Hi All,
Posh fan in peace.
Firstly commiserations for yesterday, you must be totally gutted coming away with nothing.

What a bloody crazy game, we've come to accept that sort of thing at London Road, bloody good entertainment but not good for the old ticker.

Both sides couldn't defend to save their lives, thankfully we had a bit more up front.
Thought that we were awesome in the first twenty minutes and our first 3 goals were class, good movement, so dont be too harsh on your defence,  but I have to say your keeper looked really dodgy, not surprised he was substituted at half time.
God knows what happened after 25mins, I think our lads thought they were bloody Real Madrid and pissed about with it around our box.
As for your goals we gifted you all of them really, the first we just let Ball waltz through, for the second our skipper McCann (who is a class act normally) pissed about near the edge of our box for Ritchie to pounce, and the third Rowe decided to do the same near the halfway line when one on one, terrible mistake but to be fair a decent finish by Ball.
At least Rowe redeemed himself to set up our fourth.
If we hadn't pissed around enough, Charlie Lee then decided to handball the fooking thing to give you a penalty and your fourth.
Our fifth and the winner was a result of fresh legs and Mendez-Laing skinning your left back 3 times in the space of as many minutes, I did feel for Amankwaah as he looked decent for the rest of the game.

So overall, based on the quality of our goals and the fact that we gifted you yours, I think we deserved to win.
Having said that I had Lewis (our keeper) down as joint man of the match for 3 great saves.
Oh and how did McGovern miss that one on one, as that could have turned the game your way?

Biggest question for me was:- God knows why Austin didn't start for you he looked good?

Also it was nice to see a team not resort too much to cheating tactics like we have see many teams do at London Road this season.
Keep positve guys, you do look pretty decent going forward, but have the same problem as us, you cant defend, sort that out and you'll be fine.
And thanks for an entertaining, albeit mental game.
Looking forward to coming to your place.

p.s. Does anyone know that lad with a sliver BMW with something like SWIINDON as his plate? top guy!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #556 on: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 20:18:29 »

first three goals were class? our keeper kicked one of them to you ffs.

Austin's been out all month injured after dislocating his shoulder.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #557 on: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 20:22:59 »

Hi All,
Posh fan in peace.
Firstly commiserations for yesterday, you must be totally gutted coming away with nothing.

What a bloody crazy game, we've come to accept that sort of thing at London Road, bloody good entertainment but not good for the old ticker.

Both sides couldn't defend to save their lives, thankfully we had a bit more up front.
Thought that we were awesome in the first twenty minutes and our first 3 goals were class, good movement, so dont be too harsh on your defence,  but I have to say your keeper looked really dodgy, not surprised he was substituted at half time.
God knows what happened after 25mins, I think our lads thought they were bloody Real Madrid and pissed about with it around our box.
As for your goals we gifted you all of them really, the first we just let Ball waltz through, for the second our skipper McCann (who is a class act normally) pissed about near the edge of our box for Ritchie to pounce, and the third Rowe decided to do the same near the halfway line when one on one, terrible mistake but to be fair a decent finish by Ball.
At least Rowe redeemed himself to set up our fourth.
If we hadn't pissed around enough, Charlie Lee then decided to handball the fooking thing to give you a penalty and your fourth.
Our fifth and the winner was a result of fresh legs and Mendez-Laing skinning your left back 3 times in the space of as many minutes, I did feel for Amankwaah as he looked decent for the rest of the game.

So overall, based on the quality of our goals and the fact that we gifted you yours, I think we deserved to win.
Having said that I had Lewis (our keeper) down as joint man of the match for 3 great saves.
Oh and how did McGovern miss that one on one, as that could have turned the game your way?

Biggest question for me was:- God knows why Austin didn't start for you he looked good?

Also it was nice to see a team not resort too much to cheating tactics like we have see many teams do at London Road this season.
Keep positve guys, you do look pretty decent going forward, but have the same problem as us, you cant defend, sort that out and you'll be fine.
And thanks for an entertaining, albeit mental game.
Looking forward to coming to your place.

p.s. Does anyone know that lad with a sliver BMW with something like SWIINDON as his plate? top guy!

Thanks....good post.
Really strange in a way because there seems to be a lot of doom and gloom on here (including me).
If we had won i should imagine the outlook today by a lot of us would be different..a 1-0 win and a scrappy goal would have sufficed!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #558 on: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 20:46:43 »

I dont think DW will ever play Caddis at RB after MKD.If anything he will replace JP.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
TrueBluePosh

« Reply #559 on: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 20:47:49 »

Thanks....good post.
Really strange in a way because there seems to be a lot of doom and gloom on here (including me).
If we had won i should imagine the outlook today by a lot of us would be different..a 1-0 win and a scrappy goal would have sufficed!

Cheers leefer.   Same on our forum mate, always get the doom merchants, we are second in the league and you wouldn't believe the negativity. Joe Lewis constantly gets slagged off, I know which keeper I'd prefer yesterday.
1-0 scrappy win, no way at London Road. All the best for the rest of the season (apart from 28 Dec Wink )
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #560 on: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 21:18:32 »

I  know you can only judge him on what you see, but in fairness Lucas (our keeper) has been pretty good for us since we got him. Has made the odd howler or two, but most (all) keepers do at some point.

Wilson claimed he was subbed at half time after feeling groggy after having the out earlier in the week.

Anywho, all the best and all that. Go for that second place as obviously we'll be top Smiley
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #561 on: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 21:28:42 »

Lucas is a terrific keeper. Certainly one of our better ones since Fraser Digby (Who is the Gold Standard of Swindon keepers as far as I'm concerned)

And a bloody good bloke to boot Yes
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #562 on: Monday, October 18, 2010, 05:55:00 »

Ball took both his goals very well. That's the only positive I can think of after dwelling on it for a while and having seen the highlights Smiley
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #563 on: Monday, October 18, 2010, 05:59:51 »

Ball took both his goals very well. That's the only positive I can think of after dwelling on it for a while and having seen the highlights Smiley

Austin looked very sharp when he came on and Prutton slotted in well also.

It's All Good..............
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #564 on: Monday, October 18, 2010, 07:57:43 »

To answer part of the initial question, Austin didn't start as he has been out for a month with a dislocated shoulder.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #565 on: Monday, October 18, 2010, 11:04:10 »

To answer part of the initial question, Austin didn't start as he has been out for a month with a dislocated shoulder.

That was answered in the second post. Is Dave on your ignore list Smiley
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #566 on: Monday, October 18, 2010, 11:39:22 »

the TEF has an ignore list?

Why didnt I know about this sooner?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #567 on: Monday, October 18, 2010, 16:04:51 »

Because 92% of all forum posters don't even realise you exist
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #568 on: Monday, October 18, 2010, 16:27:46 »

the TEF has an ignore list?

Why didnt I know about this sooner?

It's a secret. Dont tell Batch. He's on mine..
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #569 on: Monday, October 18, 2010, 17:50:09 »

Because 92% of all forum posters don't even realise you exist

That can't be true. At least 67% of all forum posters post about me on a regular basis.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: