Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Peterborough United v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 43145 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #525 on: Saturday, October 16, 2010, 20:29:16 »

Also Rose could have quite easily taken a yellow for the team by taking the guy down just outside the box before the og.

I've long thought that one of the reasons we concede so many is that we don't commit enough fouls. Other teams will commit a foul and take a yellow card if necessary to stop an attack and break up the play, this tactic doesn't seem to be in our game plan and it needs to be. I don't like that kind of play but if you can't beat them, join them.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #526 on: Saturday, October 16, 2010, 20:34:40 »

I've long thought that one of the reasons we concede so many is that we don't commit enough fouls. Other teams will commit a foul and take a yellow card if necessary to stop an attack and break up the play, this tactic doesn't seem to be in our game plan and it needs to be. I don't like that kind of play but if you can't beat them, join them.

Yes, but one of the main sticks used to beat a certain ex defender of ours was that he gave away too many silly free kicks - which we never conceded from.

Not saying you did personally Jonny but plenty of people have done.
Panda Paws

« Reply #527 on: Saturday, October 16, 2010, 20:43:11 »

Got back about 7.45, haven't felt like posting and haven't read back through the read, but my 2p.

The first 20 minutes was truley shocking, defensively at least. Cuthbert got beat in the air too easily for the first, Morrison was at fault for the second and Lucas' poor kick led to the third. All easily avoidable. Then we get back in the game, with two gifts from their back four and a bizarre second goal. Still not sure how it went in, so will be interesting to watch on the FLS.

Second half we could have gone ahead through JPM, and their keeper has pulled off 3 worldies. Didn't get a great view of their fourth, but the winner was so avoidable it makes me sick. Morrison just had to put his fucking foot through the ball. The last seconds of the game and he tries to beat their attacker?

I can't remember our 2 keepers making a save of note. It seemed like everytime they had a meaningful effort on target they scored, mostly because the errors gifted them such simple opportunities.

Back 4 were gash. Rose was the pick of the bunch (never thought I'd day that 6 weeks ago). Amankwaah is just not good enough at the moment, for whatever reason. Looked really dodgy against pace, and I would like to see Caddis get a run there now, or if he's not a right back, bring one in. Cuthbert was the better of the 2 CBs but at fault for their first, Morrison had a bit of a mare.

Ferry and Dougie were standard. The beauty of these two is that they're so consistent. JPM isn't doing it for me in the hole. The 2 wide boys were awesome again going forward. Pericard done fuck all until going off. Austin was awesome until the 80th minute and then stopped. He was clearly absolutely knackered.

Because Austin couldn't pressure their back four any more, we began to sit back, which is why they finished the game so strongly, but the goal was sickingly avoidable.

They are a bloody good side at this level. We know all about the front three but Lewis in goal was superb second half, as was their right back. If we could have got a point it would have been an incredible result, but still there are some real positives to take from the game - mostly the 2 wide boys getting better and better and Austin looking so good on his come back.

The negatives - the three injuries, well certainly Lucas and Dougie, could really hurt us just as we were starting to get some strength in depth back. The defence is still very shaky, and the hunt for an experienced CB should still go on, and I'll say it again, if Caddis is not a RB, we need to bring one in.

All in all, a mental game which was thoroughly enjoyable between the 24th and the 93rd minute, but felt absolutely gutted when we conceded the late goal.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #528 on: Saturday, October 16, 2010, 21:59:39 »

Yes, but one of the main sticks used to beat a certain ex defender of ours was that he gave away too many silly free kicks - which we never conceded from.

Not saying you did personally Jonny but plenty of people have done.

I was leading the charge in slagging off Greer for all the stupid free kicks round the area, and we did concede from at least one of them and maybe more. But they were stupid free kicks, little pushes and fouls when our defence was back and organised which isn't what I'm talking about.

You just have to look at the way other teams play against us, or even the England game midweek, to see the sort of fouls I'm referring to - away from the area, on the break etc.

Ignore
« Reply #529 on: Saturday, October 16, 2010, 22:05:45 »

greer was consistant all last season and a major factor in last seasons success.flogged for £250,000 and seen as good business by many.
morrison has about as many good games as awful ones and fans think he's worth big money.
the formation doesn't help,but the personel is the biggest factor imo of why we are where we are.
jb

Ignore
« Reply #530 on: Saturday, October 16, 2010, 22:16:52 »

greer was consistant all last season and a major factor in last seasons success.flogged for £250,000 and seen as good business by many.
morrison has about as many good games as awful ones and fans think he's worth big money.
the formation doesn't help,but the personel is the biggest factor imo of why we are where we are.

Morrison is a much better player than Greer. I thought we already established this.

Ignore
« Reply #531 on: Saturday, October 16, 2010, 22:19:21 »

dont be fucking stupid.
jb

Ignore
« Reply #532 on: Saturday, October 16, 2010, 22:22:53 »

dont be fucking stupid.

hahaha hillarious how one result can sway people's opinions

Do you not think age and potential may be contributing factors to the differences in valuations?
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 16, 2010, 22:24:51 by jb » Logged

Ignore
« Reply #533 on: Saturday, October 16, 2010, 22:24:56 »

not mine.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #534 on: Saturday, October 16, 2010, 22:27:25 »

Hi sean
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #535 on: Saturday, October 16, 2010, 22:36:39 »

Morrison on the top of his game will give you 8 out of 10.
Greer at the top of his game will only give you a 7 out of 10.

However, when Morrison has a poor game, he's poor and will give you a 4 out of 10. Greer on a bad day will only go as low as a 6 out of 10. Much less variation between his best and worst. Much more consistent

Morrison and Cuthbert as a partnership probably only give you a 6 out of 10, where as a Greer and Cuthbert partnership gives you 8 out of 10

...if any of that made sense.
jb

Ignore
« Reply #536 on: Saturday, October 16, 2010, 22:38:19 »

Morrison on the top of his game will give you 8 out of 10.
Greer at the top of his game will only give you a 7 out of 10.

However, when Morrison has a poor game, he's poor and will give you a 4 out of 10. Greer on a bad day will only go as low as a 6 out of 10. Much less variation between his best and worst. Much more consistent

Morrison and Cuthbert as a partnership probably only give you a 6 out of 10, where as a Greer and Cuthbert partnership gives you 8 out of 10

...if any of that made sense.

Fair point

Ignore
« Reply #537 on: Saturday, October 16, 2010, 22:40:45 »

spine of team last season.
lucas
greer
douglas
paynter

this season.
lucas
douglas

add to that the changed shape with those like jpm who were superb last year in different roles and there you have it.in my opinion why we are miles off last seasons form.

greer had games where he was an 8 rating at least too.
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 16, 2010, 22:42:21 by arriba » Logged
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #538 on: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 08:04:42 »

Just read through the whole thread and I've got to say that some posts made me more pissed off than game did! Lots of slagging off of the people who text in, but quite a few retarded comments right here on the tef.

Most open game I've been to in a long time, both teams appeared to be operating their defences using an on/off switch (We didn't even plug ours in at the start!)

Amazing comeback at 3-0 down and in the 2nd half it was only down to Lewis in the peterboro goal that stopped us from scoring another 3. No exaggeration, those saves were top-drawer.

Neither side sat back at 4-4 and despite the gut wrenching disappointment of conceding at the death, it was good to see Town carrying the fight to them.

I think I went through every emotion yesterday, just a shame the last one was despair!
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 08:11:50 by herthab » Logged

It's All Good..............
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #539 on: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 09:31:10 »

Usual muppets HB, who like to comment on everything but don't seem to go to many, if any games. Ignore them .
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: