Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Southampton Official Matchday Thread  (Read 28675 times)
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Saturday, September 11, 2010, 18:16:29 »

Agree that we lacked width and missed AOB's pace down the flanks. Pleased with all the players but thought Big Kev had a poor first half.

Atmosphere was shit again, especially in the DRS.

Not sure who's going to score the goals now Charlie's out.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
glos_robin

« Reply #151 on: Saturday, September 11, 2010, 18:21:58 »

There's a photo of the challenge on Ball on the official website, from that Ball is a lucky man not to have had his leg broke. A criminal challenge and should of been a straight red!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Saturday, September 11, 2010, 18:23:26 »

[url width=640 height=480]http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/javaImages/eb/ec/0,,10341~9039083,00.jpg[/url]

As mentioned- this is a yellow card offense folks.

Zamora had his leg broken by something very similar earlier on, Ball is very lucky.

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Saturday, September 11, 2010, 18:25:53 »

the ref certainly had a decent view of it, as the picture shows.
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Saturday, September 11, 2010, 18:26:10 »

Just got back from the game.

Thought both team were shit and that was one of the most boring games of football i have ever seen.

Prutton just stands there doing fuck all.

Amankwaah looks uncomfortable on the ball and is a shadow of the player he was last season.

We lack any creativity and all we did was hoof the ball long (where are the good old passing days of last season)

Only positives taken from the game were

1) Morrison and Cuthbert looked very solid at the back and we never really looked like conceding

2)  We played shit and won.

Based on that performance, cant see us being anywhere near playoffs
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Saturday, September 11, 2010, 18:26:48 »

Just goes to show how everybody sees the game differently.

I thought the ref was the man of the match and was excellent. He really let the game flow. Cuthbert & Morrison were superb at defending which is what they are primarily there for allthough their distribution is poor. JPM was the only one that I was disapointed in and agree that Prutton got better as the game went on. Thought Dougie was also getting back to his best.

Excellent game and 3 points. Onwards and upwards. Some tough games at home before christmas but we should have enough quality to make a serious challenge this season as long as Charlie is not out for too long.

Morrison and Cuthbert were superb. In my view, they just didn't have the options for the easy ball out of defence - nothing wide, and a congested midfield.

Great to get the win - God we needed that - but I agree with all the comments about the shape. If you want to keep it solid in the middle, go 5-4-1, not 4-3-1-2. JPM topped the assists for the division last year, because quite simply, he was the best crosser of the ball. So keep him wide - it works.

Prutton was average, but was gore stick around me than he deserved. Pericard and Dossevi looked decent.

Bring on next weekend.
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 11, 2010, 18:30:08 by The Moonraker » Logged

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Saturday, September 11, 2010, 18:27:49 »

ferry looks like jedward.get that fuckling hair cut lad
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Saturday, September 11, 2010, 18:28:37 »

As mentioned- this is a yellow card offense folks.

Depends on whether you see it as serious foul play or not.
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Saturday, September 11, 2010, 18:29:38 »

Good day, good support, but the drummer is a fucking Cunt

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Saturday, September 11, 2010, 18:29:54 »

Depends on whether you see it as serious foul play or not.

Er Batch, that was meant to be loaded with sarcasm, I'm fairly sure everyone would see it as serious foul play, wouldn't they?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Saturday, September 11, 2010, 18:31:13 »

yep, also have to take into account hammonds front leg is on its way down as well, he's gone in over the ball
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Saturday, September 11, 2010, 18:31:27 »

Not sure why Wilson is so desperate to accomadate Prutton - my guess is that he's on a fair bit of money. Although an improvement on his recent performances, he offers nothing extra to the side that wasn't already here. The lack of width was really annoying, JPM is wasted in the middle but improved a great deal after the break.

Good for the defence to keep another clean sheet, I expect Wilson will keep it the same apart from Sheehan for Kennedy and that is our first choice back four.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Saturday, September 11, 2010, 18:32:11 »

Er Batch, that was meant to be loaded with sarcasm, I'm fairly sure everyone would see it as serious foul play, wouldn't they?

Wooooosh.

That was the sound of Nemo flying 30,000 feet above my head. Doh
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Saturday, September 11, 2010, 18:35:45 »

Well a lot of bad vibes on here tonight...this was a cracking win.
MORRISON IS THE BOLLOX....he had a great game.
We are on our way no doubt,,,not a great match but three points will do.
Well played Town.....a battling performance with commitment...that will do for me. Beers
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #164 on: Saturday, September 11, 2010, 18:37:28 »

The Hammond tackle was borderline Red Card/Assault Charge, let alone a yellow, absolute shocker and the ref bottled it utterly. Wound Chalkie's_Shorts up something rotten, thought he was going to expire with rage!

You're right Nemo - that challenge was a fucking disgrace and Ball is lucky to be walking. I may have made the odd discrete quiet comment about it. Were you the lad one row in front and one seat to the left of me or one seat to the right.............or neither.
Overall its 3 points. Both teams cancelled each other out and we got the bit of luck. The challenge on Austin by the goaly was also a fucking disgrace and we may well pay very dearly for that with Austin out.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: