Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Carlisle vs Swindon Matchday Thread  (Read 32328 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Saturday, September 4, 2010, 17:30:58 »

As already stated a point is better than no points, and two clean sheets on the bounce. Having said that it's the first game we haven't scored in, so disappointing in that respect, think DW is still trying to work out his best front pair

Poole beat Alton 4-0 must confess tho I spent most of my time checking the beeb site for the latest Lge 1 scores. I'm turning into one of those twats that spend all their time on the phone

See you all next Saturday

@leefer Brock didn't appear to have a league game this week

Cheers...think the oponents had a cup game..
Ring you with regards Southampton.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #181 on: Saturday, September 4, 2010, 17:33:59 »

Can you pm me your addy inc postcode for satnav purposes? Reckon I'll be leaving B'mth around 9am
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Saturday, September 4, 2010, 17:38:55 »

No probs....just off out so PM you tomorow.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Saturday, September 4, 2010, 17:43:12 »

Happy with a draw. Not an easy place to go and we kept another clean sheet.

Defence is starting to look stronger.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Saturday, September 4, 2010, 17:47:05 »

right back in keswick, tea digested.....

bit of a stalemate really, no one really took the game by the scruff of the neck, however we should have won. Austin should have had a hat trick and the miss at the end was bloody awful.

Back 4 looked ok, in fact everyone played ok, the only person who was a slight let down was douglas. Everyone played ok but no one played well.

we finished the stronger, carlisle had a lot of possesion and 11 corners in the second half but they were never a threat, the closest opportunity was a scuffed clearence from a cross from morrisson and lucas made a fantastic reflex save from it.

we should have had 3 points but a point away at carlisle is no bad thing.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Saturday, September 4, 2010, 17:50:47 »

just read the thread back and bart you are talking shit Smiley

kennedy looked knackered and sheehan look assured and there was no threat down their right side when he came on. Thought Ball looked good when he came on.

alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Saturday, September 4, 2010, 17:51:29 »

A decent point and a clean sheet is always good away from home.

According to 5Live,  Saints are likely to have a new manager by next saturday.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Saturday, September 4, 2010, 17:55:33 »

According to 5Live,  Saints are likely to have a new manager by next saturday.

By the press that could be Phil Brown.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Saturday, September 4, 2010, 17:56:37 »

By the press that could be Phil Brown.

i hope not.was gonna have a cheeky tenner on him as soon as twat face got the sack.his price will have plumetted now
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Saturday, September 4, 2010, 17:59:39 »

Hope they appoint Phil Brown.  Another mediocre manager, cant see him taking Saints up
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Saturday, September 4, 2010, 18:00:22 »

Good news for any suicidal people in the Southamtpon area that.
Hitchinred

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Saturday, September 4, 2010, 18:01:32 »

Even better news for the sinned and tanning salons.
Barry Scott

« Reply #192 on: Saturday, September 4, 2010, 18:06:00 »

Phil Brown? I really dislike him. Hope Saints fans have similar feelings to me, because then it'll provide a wonderfully turbulent season.

kennedy looked knackered and sheehan look assured and there was no threat down their right side when he came on. Thought Ball looked good when he came on.

That's the trouble with listening to it on the radio, you have no idea if a player looks tired or not and question things that actually you have no idea of. I'm glad the reasons were genuine and not inline with any TEF speculation.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #193 on: Saturday, September 4, 2010, 18:09:03 »

Another good thing about today, with none of the so called "Big Leagues" in action 5Live had to report on Leagues One and Two otherwise they would have had nothing to talk about. I liked it
Hitchinred

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Saturday, September 4, 2010, 18:18:17 »

Watching the game today the most worrying thing was the form of Douglas. Although winning more than his fair share of headers in midfield he gave the ball away too many times when doing the simple things. I would have Morrison as MOTM which again concerns as it seems it's the defence that have been picking up that accolade which suggests we're under pressure too much. Didn't think at anytime that Carlisle looked likely to score but neither did we until the end. On the plus side both Kennedy and Sheehan looked comfortable on the left side and Ball looked lively when he came on. After the late flurry it feels more like two points lost than a point gained and shows that league position isn't necessarily the best basis for the Sky pundits to base their predictions on!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: