Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Carlisle vs Swindon Matchday Thread  (Read 31990 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Monday, September 6, 2010, 12:24:54 »

you being patronising actually makes me laugh. cos you just can't do it.

as for not mentioning Dossevi i must have miss read your post

Yes, you did.

I used Dossevi as an example of a player arriving late. Although I clearly wasnt referring to him when I said we should have done the deals alot sooner, as Dossevi was a free agent there was no deal to be done. Just a trial and getting him signed.

As a free agent he could have literally been anywhere before we got him in on trail. Ferry and Caddis were sat on Celtics bench, with the players and the club fully aware of our interest in them.

Fuck me, you lot are going to go loopy with what I say next, however - how long did it take a certain League One club who may or may not play in blue and white stripes to sign a player they identified as their top target who may or may not have at one point in the time line that is life been apart of another L1 squad that may or may not have played in red (...or white)

Just the first example that comes to mind.

just pisses me off when people go on moaning about our board when what they have done for this club is nothing short of a miracle compared to where we were before.

Ah, this old chestnut - yes they saved the club and we are all aware of that and enterally grateful but that doesnt mean everything they do is right and we have to support and be happy with everything they do.

I bet you had a good old moan at some point when Malpas was in charge! every fucker did!
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #301 on: Monday, September 6, 2010, 12:27:54 »

Fwiw Spy so do i but what i am saying is people can't expect all fans to understand that. Being honest and upfront is all good but if what you say doesn't come off then people will ask questions and rightly so in my opinion.

As recently as last week Wilson said he wanted 4 new players in the next couple of days a striker,winger,and 2 centre halfs. We ended up with our 4th left back so i can see why some people don't understand why that happened after what he said the week before.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Monday, September 6, 2010, 12:30:09 »

Did anyone really expect 4 to come in though?

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Monday, September 6, 2010, 12:32:30 »

we all know chairmen,managers and players say what they have to at the time.
they're just lucky their aint got pinnochios problem.

10 games in is long enough to tell us where we are.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #304 on: Monday, September 6, 2010, 12:35:26 »

Did anyone really expect 4 to come in though?
No. But my point is just don't fucking say it. They surely know what our fans can be like by now so stop making a rod for their own backs.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Monday, September 6, 2010, 12:38:41 »

Very true. In my opinion the most worrying aspect was - we're at the end of August and Wilson still say he needs 4 players!!
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Monday, September 6, 2010, 12:41:32 »

i understand that Don but it's not the boards fault if the targets they want they have to wait for.

just pisses me off when people go on moaning about our board when what they have done for this club is nothing short of a miracle compared to where we were before.

Couldn't agree more.

Yes we are all disappointed with the start we've had and undoubtedly Paynter, Greer and Ward have proved hard to replace but to criticize Fitton for failing to achieve some lofty targets set in the heat of the moment after the playoff final is unfair.

As for the lack of signings I really think the squad we have should be good enough to compete with most sides in this division. Yes there are areas that need strengthening but for me the more pressing problems are that Wilson still doesn't know his best team - Who best to partner Austin up top, how to accommodate a combination of Douglas/Prutton/Ferry etc - and the fact that teams seem to be better at countering our style of play.

We were something of a surprise package last season but now teams know what we're about you're seeing people crowd the centre of the park more and hence why Douglas has struggled to put his mark on games and we've had to resort to slightly more direct football to an extent (obviously conceding early and having to chase games doesn't help in that regard)

Both of those concerns are why we have a manager and as long as Wilson is as good as we hope - and I am yet to see evidence to the contrary - I have no doubt will be sorted before long.

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Friday, September 10, 2010, 16:43:12 »

They just mentioned a London Reds flag on the radio. Isnt that Suttons lot?

Only recently sobered up enough to read through and saw this. Yes it was us, did we manage to hang it the right way up?
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Friday, September 10, 2010, 16:48:52 »

No idea, though i highly doubt it!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Friday, September 10, 2010, 17:01:53 »

I guess on the plus side we did remember to collect it after the game, I was impressed when I found it sunday morning!
stfcinbmth

« Reply #310 on: Friday, September 10, 2010, 17:23:02 »

Think I might be a tad hungover Sunday morning
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Friday, September 10, 2010, 17:32:18 »

I've promised to come back sober. As I'm on the train I might have told a bit of a fib.
Hitchinred

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Friday, September 10, 2010, 21:59:20 »

Only recently sobered up enough to read through and saw this. Yes it was us, did we manage to hang it the right way up?

Very prominent at the start of the game at the back of the terrace at the start of the game but less so towards the end. Northern wind?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Friday, September 10, 2010, 22:09:19 »

Big London Reds flag...........saw that on the highlights.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: