Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Carlisle vs Swindon Matchday Thread  (Read 31991 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Monday, September 6, 2010, 09:29:39 »

From what i have seen, i am not worried.

Under Malpas i shit myself from the first game until the last...woeful....

Long old season yet and after looking at 'table toppers' Wednesday yesterday i am even more confident!

Clems Army!
SCM

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Monday, September 6, 2010, 09:33:22 »

It was always going to take time for the new bodies to gel. Wilson knows what this division is all about and under his leadership I find it very difficult to take our league position seriously at the moment.

We're only 3 points off of mid-table, and a further 3 off the top 6. Way too early to start panicking.
Barry Scott

« Reply #287 on: Monday, September 6, 2010, 10:19:02 »

It was always going to take time for the new bodies to gel. Wilson knows what this division is all about and under his leadership I find it very difficult to take our league position seriously at the moment.

We're only 3 points off of mid-table, and a further 3 off the top 6. Way too early to start panicking.

Exactly. From what I remember, 'udders were something like 10 points off 6th with 6 games to go at the end of last season...
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #288 on: Monday, September 6, 2010, 11:00:49 »

Oh stop it with the fact and logic would ya'. Why spoil a good panic?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Monday, September 6, 2010, 11:39:35 »

And I don't give a fuck what anyone else says, it can and does take time for players to gel - sometimes longer than others. Players are NOT components which you can just plug in. Of course, if Dave was in charge, he would have 'pushed the deals through a lot sooner'...(like Wilson and Fitton didn't try to do that Roll Eyes)...this management lark is a piece of piss when you're sat behind a keyboard isn't it?

We first registered interest in Simon Ferry last year and Paul Caddis in January. It was no secret that we wanted to sign these players and it was fairly obvious Celtic wanted to sell. I know its not as simple as just 'getting it done' but we should have had them both in before the end of July.

Other clubs managed to identify the players they wanted, get the deal done and have them playing in pre-season less than a week later.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Monday, September 6, 2010, 11:47:59 »

I know its not as simple as just 'getting it done' but we should have had them both in before the end of July.

You've answered your own question. Who knows why we didn't get them in for pre-season. But I'm sure there was a good reason rather than 'can't be bothered'. I suspect Celtic made them go on tour to make up the numbers.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Monday, September 6, 2010, 11:54:08 »

All this crap about waiting to gell annoys me - that part of pre-season. You get your players in, give them games to gell and get them fit. I appreciated alot of our new players ended up here later - Dossevi, Ferry, Caddis but thats still poor management on our part, should have pushed the deals through alot earlier.

you do realise FM2010 isn't real don't you?

you can't just hit "continue" and the holding clubs board offers a response.
Celtic wanted them to make the numbers up and taking them to America. Nothing our management could do about that.

Dossevi was a trialist so needed to look at him properly. i believe that to be good management.

as with Sheehan. Leeds wanted money, we didn't want to pay, they release him, we sign him.

who cares how long it took. we got our men in the end.

thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Monday, September 6, 2010, 11:54:29 »

Never that simple and, in the case of Ferry and Caddis, surely it was because Lennon had just been given the job so wanted to see how they performed over the pre-season before making decisions on them?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Monday, September 6, 2010, 11:58:27 »

We first registered interest in Simon Ferry last year and Paul Caddis in January. It was no secret that we wanted to sign these players and it was fairly obvious Celtic wanted to sell. I know its not as simple as just 'getting it done' but we should have had them both in before the end of July.

Other clubs managed to identify the players they wanted, get the deal done and have them playing in pre-season less than a week later.

So what do we conclude from this? Wilson and Fitton are pair of fucking dumb dumbs?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Monday, September 6, 2010, 12:00:40 »

The Celtic duo hardly played out in America - so I suspect our interest was known at the time, hell Fitton was even out there in the same place for the opening game. Celtics American tour finished on 18/07 - we signed them 2 weeks later.

I havent used Dossevi as an example because he was a trailist.

FM2010 isnt real? really? are you fucking kidding me? shit? really - I never knew that.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Monday, September 6, 2010, 12:02:31 »

So what do we conclude from this? Wilson and Fitton are pair of fucking dumb dumbs?

Yes, because thats exactly what I said, word for word perfect.

But, they dont do every single little thing spot on, 100% right, perfect every single time, do they now? Who does?
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Monday, September 6, 2010, 12:05:35 »

The Celtic duo hardly played out in America - so I suspect our interest was known at the time, hell Fitton was even out there in the same place for the opening game. Celtics American tour finished on 18/07 - we signed them 2 weeks later.

I havent used Dossevi as an example because he was a trailist.

FM2010 isnt real? really? are you fucking kidding me? shit? really - I never knew that.

you being patronising actually makes me laugh. cos you just can't do it.

as for not mentioning Dossevi i must have miss read your post

All this crap about waiting to gell annoys me - that part of pre-season. You get your players in, give them games to gell and get them fit. I appreciated alot of our new players ended up here later - Dossevi, Ferry, Caddis but thats still poor management on our part, should have pushed the deals through alot earlier.

Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #297 on: Monday, September 6, 2010, 12:13:42 »

In Daves defence Magic as i said before Dave is just saying what Wilson and fitton have said isn't he? They as soon as 1 week after the play offs said

They want the targets in early
They will replace who has left
We need 8 new players
We want a better start than last year

None of that has happened. I am not concerned too much as i think we can turn it around but for me it's the same old story of please just shut your mouths and do the business.Wilson and Fitton put themselves under pressure with some of the things they make public.We all know for example that Fitton wants a good cup run and obviously good league position. So if we lose to torquay we are out of both cups early and thats when some fans will start using their own words to have a pop.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Monday, September 6, 2010, 12:19:27 »

i understand that Don but it's not the boards fault if the targets they want they have to wait for.

regardless how quickly we want to do business others aren't in as much rush.

just pisses me off when people go on moaning about our board when what they have done for this club is nothing short of a miracle compared to where we were before.

some people now want instant success but it doesn't happen over night regardless of what people say pre season.
Yes it's a shame we're not top of the leage with 5 wins out of 5 but we are only 7 points away with 41 games to go.

why panic

Spy

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Monday, September 6, 2010, 12:22:17 »

DRS I prefer it that Fitton is honest and upfront in his interviews. Too many interviews have people acting like politicians and giving answers that don't actually tell you much and that is really boring.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: