Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Parkin to Stay  (Read 2355 times)
walrus

Ignore
« on: Monday, June 20, 2005, 16:25:55 »

Ludicrous or possibility?  I just hope the baron spell at Northampton is fresh in his mind and the Swindon move somewhat ressurrected his career.  With him I firmly believe a playoff drive is possible next season, without him it is highly dependent on how much money King will see.  Everyone seems pretty relaxed about losing our top goalscorer for the last 3 seasons, yet all we have as backups is an unproven youth, a Welshman who seems tempramental and suffered loss in form following injury last season and a lanky New Zealander who can't make up his mind whether or not he wants to play.

Without Parkin we lose another leader on the pitch, another player who can score goals and a player with geniune potential to make it big.  Any chance of holding onto him for one last season?!   Crying

If only we'd beaten Brighton  Crying  Crying  Crying
Dazzza

« Reply #1 on: Monday, June 20, 2005, 16:33:55 »

Not a chance now I'm afraid by the looks of it.

Seemed inevitable from his first season he was off and he’s been a good servant for the club and should go on to bigger things.

Would be nice if we got some sort of first refusal on him in the future not that it’s ever likely but would be a nice gesture.

kaufman

« Reply #2 on: Monday, June 20, 2005, 16:36:28 »

Quote from: "Walrus"
Ludicrous or possibility?  I just hope the baron spell at Northampton is fresh in his mind and the Swindon move somewhat ressurrected his career.  With him I firmly believe a playoff drive is possible next season, without him it is highly dependent on how much money King will see.  Everyone seems pretty relaxed about losing our top goalscorer for the last 3 seasons, yet all we have as backups is an unproven youth, a Welshman who seems tempramental and suffered loss in form following injury last season and a lanky New Zealander who can't make up his mind whether or not he wants to play.

Without Parkin we lose another leader on the pitch, another player who can score goals and a player with geniune potential to make it big.  Any chance of holding onto him for one last season?!   Crying

If only we'd beaten Brighton  Crying  Crying  Crying

i feel your pain man!!!!!

i think parkin knows its time to go and although he knows that there is always a chance a move could go tits up , if ipswich are the club that has bid the most then he would be stupid to turn down the opportunity it pains me to say!  Crying  Crying

if 650k to 750k with another 400k on top if they get promoted and a 10% sell clause is what they are offering then that to me is a good price for him! ipswich will have a great chance of going up next year so at least we can cheer every time he scores for them as we know it could be getting us more money and i think that would enter parkins head too!

if they can give king 200k to work his magic in the transfer market then who knows what could happen?Huh?? relagation probably!!!  Shocked joke
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, June 20, 2005, 16:36:38 »

I still think Parkin will stay unless Ipswich or Norwich do come in for him, he's an intelligent bloke and knows a move to Watford / Crewe / Brighton would be a sideward step for him and not really a great way to progress his career.

In all honesty I can see him in a Swindon Town FC shirt come the opening day of the season.

(p.s. if we'd got promoted last season we'd have been relegated straight away and the club would be in a worse state financially than it is currently)
kaufman

« Reply #4 on: Monday, June 20, 2005, 16:38:28 »

i think this time next week he wil be an ipswich player mate but my god i hope your right!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, June 20, 2005, 16:46:19 »

More chance of signing Henry for 1k then we have  of keeping Parkin
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, June 20, 2005, 16:53:25 »

Quote from: "DV85"

We couldn't afford his wages...

I agree that if King sees 200K from the Parkin transfer we're laughing as correct me if I'm wrong but King hasn't seen so much money since the time he's been at Swindon.  His most expensive aquisition has been Ifil for around 70K.  

I like Sonic's thinking, and I too think Crewe/Watford/Brighton seem unlikely as they're at the tail end of Div 1 and are going backwards rather than forwards.  But a number of clubs seem to be registering an interest - surely they can't all be relegation zone Championship sides?!  Here's to hoping...!
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, June 20, 2005, 17:01:34 »

Charlie Henry may be !

NMH

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, June 20, 2005, 17:04:11 »

Quote from: "Nomoreheroes"

Charlie Henry may be !

NMH

Leigh Henry for a quid could be a possibility.....not sure what his situation is thinking about it.
kick_ass1987

« Reply #9 on: Monday, June 20, 2005, 18:20:08 »

if they can give king 200k to work his magic in the transfer market then who knows what could happen?Huh??

Very very unlikely he will get that amount, even if he goes for a mil... which we know he wont. Im guessing if he goes at 600k he might see 50 of it... 100 if he is lucky... you have to remember we were like 2 days away from administration this season.... we need all the money in the club we can get :roll:
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, June 20, 2005, 18:50:05 »

Quote from: "kick_ass1987"
if they can give king 200k to work his magic in the transfer market then who knows what could happen?Huh??

Very very unlikely he will get that amount, even if he goes for a mil... which we know he wont. Im guessing if he goes at 600k he might see 50 of it... 100 if he is lucky... you have to remember we were like 2 days away from administration this season.... we need all the money in the club we can get :roll:

At no time this season have we been two days away from administration..two days from a winding up order maybe....as the only club to have had two administrations a 3rd is not an option.
kick_ass1987

« Reply #11 on: Monday, June 20, 2005, 18:51:50 »

ah well u knew what i ment... basicly we are in despirate need of money
magnum150

« Reply #12 on: Monday, June 20, 2005, 18:54:25 »

No escape route this time then.

Is it bye bye club if Parkin stays or bye bye club if he goes?

Bye bye if he stays I say as we NEEEEEEEED that money. Sad
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, June 20, 2005, 19:33:23 »

Quote from: "kick_ass1987"

This is what pisses me off.  Everyone is clueless as to what King will see, the amount Parkin will go for etc.  Just wait and see.  King could work wonders with 50k - he bought Parkin for that amount didn't he?
lebowski

« Reply #14 on: Monday, June 20, 2005, 20:52:06 »

well the answer is that king won't see any of it! there's the final cva payment (£900k?) to be made in 2007 and, at the moment, sam parkin is the only saleable asset the club has, and the only guaranteed source of sizeable income between now and the due date for the payment. any money made from his transfer will go towards meeting that payment.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: