Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Millwall bid for Austin  (Read 37187 times)
glos_robin

« Reply #105 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 23:10:37 »

I didn't mean that any rage would be limited to this board at all. I hope nothing happens, because it could well turn seriously ugly on and off the pitch, but blimey, this place would explode.
Fair enough I think this is a sure fire way for years of hardwork to be thrown away in an instant
deltaincline

« Reply #106 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 23:11:49 »

Fuck me, Diamond Mike must be back in town!  Where is our £3m annual loss suddenly comming from then? Those fucking made up financial headlines were only put around by Wills and Diamandis so that the plebs would fall in line and not rock the boat.

I havent heard Fitton and Co say anything of that nature other than they need to balance the books, which is fair enough as long as we're broadly making progress.

If they plan to balance the books by selling Austin, they'd better have a good plan B.

If they do flog him, that could well be the start of the end of the Fitton era. I have no doubt whatsoever that the whole atmos in and around the ground would turn very ugly, very quickly, and all the hard earned goodwill would be fucked.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 23:19:55 »

championship in 3 years!
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Monday, August 30, 2010, 00:26:32 »

Fuck me, Diamond Mike must be back in town!  Where is our £3m annual loss suddenly comming from then? Those fucking made up financial headlines were only put around by Wills and Diamandis so that the plebs would fall in line and not rock the boat.

I havent heard Fitton and Co say anything of that nature other than they need to balance the books, which is fair enough as long as we're broadly making progress.

The £3m annual loss hasn't suddenly appeared, the last set of company accounts (2008/9) showed a £3m loss and the year before a £2.8m loss. So either you're talking shit or Fitton is filing false annual accounts. I think the former is more likely.

Having said that the unknown is the effect Fitton has had on the bottom line, it's possible he will have turned things round a bit though even if he has there is still most likely going to be substantial annual losses.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Monday, August 30, 2010, 01:40:57 »

austin out ward in im happy with that IMO
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Monday, August 30, 2010, 03:22:36 »

what are you on?
SCM

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Monday, August 30, 2010, 04:44:43 »

Fuck off Millwall.
Hammer

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Monday, August 30, 2010, 05:35:14 »

All of a sudden, I've never witnessed so many men behaving like women. We sold Don Rogers, the rest is history. CALM DOWN.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Monday, August 30, 2010, 06:33:39 »

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/8360451.Swindon_Town_chairman_warns_other_clubs_off_prized_asset_Austin/

here we go
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #114 on: Monday, August 30, 2010, 07:01:05 »

dont shoot the messenger but spoke to a memeber of Austins family who said he is defo signing for Millwall tomorrow in a deal worth up to 1.2 million

If all this is BS, which it probably is, the this cunt deserves some kind of retribution. A suspension or banning perhaps.

Spreading this kind of crap is not good,

Doore

« Reply #115 on: Monday, August 30, 2010, 08:40:06 »

The £3m annual loss hasn't suddenly appeared, the last set of company accounts (2008/9) showed a £3m loss and the year before a £2.8m loss. So either you're talking shit or Fitton is filing false annual accounts. I think the former is more likely.

Having said that the unknown is the effect Fitton has had on the bottom line, it's possible he will have turned things round a bit though even if he has there is still most likely going to be substantial annual losses.

Perfectly sensible - many on here do seem to go quite quiet once you use a bit of evidence.  None of us can ever know the exact situation at this moment, but the published accounts show a need to bring money in through player sales now and again, to keep the club going.  I'd rather sell Austin and stay stable than wind up in serious trouble again.

However, as we all know, we are a rich club with an endless pot of money and a divine right to be in the same division as Derby, Nottingham Forest, Norwich and the like.

I will be very disappointed if Austin leaves, but if the offer is right and is deemed as such by those in control - who have done an excellent job with our club - then I will accept it.  If others are intent on hounding Fitton out of town, then they need to grow up a bit.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #116 on: Monday, August 30, 2010, 08:48:51 »

Not having a pop at fitton billy but not all fans will see it like that. After a good season and publicly saying they want the same some fans would be bemused at losing key players not replacing them etc. Not entirely my point of view but surely people will be annoyed that would happen. If we needed to balance the books so desperatly would Wilson have been able to get the 2 celts? and also looking at getting in 4 new players. Fwiw i don't think he will be sold but getting assey with fans who sometimes just dont understand the finances is a bit cuntish.
cavpete

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Monday, August 30, 2010, 08:58:46 »

At the end of the day i wont be surprised if we sell Austin. All i have ever seen is town selling there prized assets day in day out and replacing them with........nobody. The board saying this then doing something else it would not be stfc without all this heartache. 

Doore

« Reply #118 on: Monday, August 30, 2010, 09:00:41 »

At the end of the day i wont be surprised if we sell Austin. All i have ever seen is town selling there prized assets day in day out and replacing them with........nobody. The board saying this then doing something else it would not be stfc without all this heartache. 

We are completely unique in this.  No other club sells players to bigger clubs for a tidy profit to pay the bills.  It's fucking shocking.
Doore

« Reply #119 on: Monday, August 30, 2010, 09:04:08 »

Not having a pop at fitton billy but not all fans will see it like that. After a good season and publicly saying they want the same some fans would be bemused at losing key players not replacing them etc. Not entirely my point of view but surely people will be annoyed that would happen. If we needed to balance the books so desperatly would Wilson have been able to get the 2 celts? and also looking at getting in 4 new players. Fwiw i don't think he will be sold but getting assey with fans who sometimes just dont understand the finances is a bit cuntish.

Fair enough DRS - I'm not saying we all need to understand the finances - fuck me I don't understand most of it - but we do need to be aware of that angle, and in a way accept our ignorance and put a bit of faith in those "in the know".  By all indicators Mr Fitton has done a good job here and I'd like him to continue his hard work.  The doom-mongering "beginning of the end of the Fitton era" type posts are the ones that worry me.  People have very short memories.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: