Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Millwall bid for Austin  (Read 37135 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Monday, August 30, 2010, 09:08:48 »

People also want on pitch success and selling off our best players wont bring that.

Its a fine line between football and business, and as Town fans we know better than anybody what can happen if you pay more attention to one and ignore the other.

However, I also dont want to see us go the other way and be all about business and all about the balance sheet.

If we do sell Austin - I want to talk about who we are going to replace him with and which players we are going to buy - not how good it will make our accounts look and then fail to re-invest the money into the playing staff.
« Last Edit: Monday, August 30, 2010, 09:21:16 by Dave » Logged
Doore

« Reply #121 on: Monday, August 30, 2010, 09:10:08 »

Agreed.  We should spend money we don't have, have two successful seasons, then disappear off the face of the footballing world within five years.  That's be brilliant.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Monday, August 30, 2010, 09:15:32 »

Agreed.  We should spend money we don't have, have two successful seasons, then disappear off the face of the footballing world within five years.  That's be brilliant.

In all honesty Billy, I think Dave was more alluding to that thin line he mentioned and to get the balance right between 0n/0ff the pitch matters
Doore

« Reply #123 on: Monday, August 30, 2010, 09:16:02 »

In all honesty Billy, I think Dave was more alluding to that thin line he mentioned and to get the balance right between 0n/0ff the pitch matters

Fair enough.  I think I just like picking on Dave.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Monday, August 30, 2010, 09:20:51 »

Well, that was the point I was trying to make - yes.

Billy just likes ignoring what I actually type and pretending I said something ultra negative.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #125 on: Monday, August 30, 2010, 11:06:54 »

Austin hasn't even been sold yet.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #126 on: Monday, August 30, 2010, 11:09:34 »

This has not been wasted on myself either Si!
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Monday, August 30, 2010, 11:12:37 »

Yet being the crucial word Sie...ware is all the we don't need to sell ideas gone?....Cox,Greer,Henshall and now looking like Austin any time in the next six months....for me very sad but not suprising.

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Monday, August 30, 2010, 11:14:46 »

You lot need to find something else to do today, T'aint good for your blood pressure Wink
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #129 on: Monday, August 30, 2010, 11:20:19 »

Whilst we do sell to keep our finances more secure, Fitton has reinvested money into the team. Remember when we pinched ourselves that Douglas had signed for us? That we got Ferry and Caddis?

Did we need to sell Greer? Probably not, but we got two players we were all rating highly just a few games ago, players with more potential and greater (probable) future resale value. I doubt we're going to find someone like Austin for some time and I doubt Fitton will be hasty to sell for this reason.

But if Austin goes I will be gutted, but we will sell him one day. I just hope it's not during this season because that would be a travesty. I just can't see it happening this transfer window.

Henshall could end up being the next Ben Tozer for all we know. Fitton and Wilson are taking risks to keep this football club going forward. Occasionally they will be wrong.
luckyluke699

5 league goals and counting...

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Monday, August 30, 2010, 11:27:46 »

Henshall could end up being the next Ben Tozer for all we know. Fitton and Wilson are taking risks to keep this football club going forward. Occasionally they will be wrong.

The best line I've read on here for some time... accepting the fact that our football club is running by human beings who will make some mistakes.

I feel happier with this setup now as a supporter overall (regardless of league position) than I have in the last 10 years before AF took over, and DW is an excellent manager. They won't get it right first time, but this club is being run well, and is moving in the right direction (albeit slowly at the moment!)... Keep the faith! COYR!! Clap

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Monday, August 30, 2010, 11:30:42 »

is the club going forward though? we certainly aint on the pitch.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Monday, August 30, 2010, 11:37:18 »

I'd call getting to Wembley and buying players for actual cash going forward yes. I'd call managing our debt and continuing its existence good too. Getting it all right will take time We havent got a rich sugar daddy taking us up the leagues a-la Wigan, Fulham or Blackburn

This season has been pretty poor so far, maybe Wilson ha  made mistakes, but its a bit early to write it off. The point is as far as I can see Fitton is backing him by bringing in players like Caddis, Ferry and Prutton.

The only negative I can see was the sale of Greer.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #133 on: Monday, August 30, 2010, 11:43:06 »

Not at the moment. It's like watching a Malpas team, who incidentally Fitton kept in the job for far too long. But for all the doom and gloom this transfer is only speculation until it happens.

If we were playing well and Ferry and Caddis were playing like the wonder kids we thought they would be (ok Ferry should be playing but isn't) then I reckon this thread would be dismissed as speculation. Perhaps we've also learnt a bit of a lesson from the surprises in the past few months though.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Monday, August 30, 2010, 14:37:07 »

The season is 4 games old for christs sake.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: