Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Millwall bid for Austin  (Read 36768 times)
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 21:34:10 »

It's always hard to call on what price a player should be sold for from a lower league than the team that has bid for is in. The players are often unproven in the higher leagues, albeit particularly good in their league.

Really, we could use the Pitman transfer as a benchmark as it were. I've heard it's between £800,000 and £1,000,000 and he'd played only a hatful of league one games. Yes, he's been prolific in his league two career, and very early league one career, but other than that i'd regard Austin's goalscoring much higher purely because of what league his goals were scored in last year. Pitman only had a good 18 monhts anyways.

Le Fondre is similar, Rovrum are even valuing him at £3,000,000 which is ridiculous for someone who has played out his entire career in the bottom football league division, and only been prolific at one club.

I'd really hate Austin to leave right now, although if his goalscoring continues his departure really is inevitable.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 21:38:31 »

Bournemouth fans seem to think they got about 250k upfront for Pitman.

Leeds have signed Ross McCromack from Cardiff for 600k. We got £1.5m for Simon Cox

Austin having 2 years left on his contract increases his value though.

He's had less time here than Cox, scored less goals but is younger and has longer on his contract. He's had more media exposure (more games on tv) and more articles in various papers due to his story.

One less season but 1 year longer contract, thats got to make him worth as much as Cox was when we sold him.
lambourn red

« Reply #92 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 22:25:36 »

dont shoot the messenger but spoke to a memeber of Austins family who said he is defo signing for Millwall tomorrow in a deal worth up to 1.2 million
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 22:27:17 »

dont shoot the messenger but spoke to a memeber of Austins family who said he is defo signing for Millwall tomorrow in a deal worth up to 1.2 million

His old man? I too know somebody who has spoken to him..

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 22:30:52 »

...and did he say the same thing?
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 22:31:50 »

...and did he say the same thing?

Not sure, i know somebody who has spoken to his old man in the past and knows him well. Just saying i know somebody who knows Charlies dad  Cheesy

Yes.

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 22:33:51 »

if you are lying i will send that colchester player round to tell your kid to fuck off again.
glos_robin

« Reply #97 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 22:42:24 »

I assume your mates having you on.........but the more I think about it the more I think the result of this sale would be catastrophic for the club. I'm already struggling to to have the same passion this season as last season as so far it's all been a bit of an anti climax and to be frank a real let down. Add in the sale of Austin and it would break morale within the fanbase and probably within the squad and the likely relegation battle this would lead to would be a case of 1 step forward and 100 back.
Sometimes money is only part of the bigger picture and on this occasion that is definitely the case.
lambourn red

« Reply #98 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 22:51:34 »

Been out all day at lambourn carnival and knew nothing of the speculation but got told by a member of his family that the deal was in the offing if it is true then Wilson better have some cards up his sleeve
glos_robin

« Reply #99 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 22:54:32 »

Been out all day at lambourn carnival and knew nothing of the speculation but got told by a member of his family that the deal was in the offing if it is true then Wilson better have some cards up his sleeve
Like I said hopefully all crap, but if not watch this club go into complete meltdown
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 22:57:19 »

Like I said hopefully all crap, but if not watch this club go into complete meltdown

*forum
glos_robin

« Reply #101 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 22:58:38 »

*forum
Nah it'll stretch further than this forum, the fans that focus purely on the football and don't even use this forum will be the most pissed off as they don't think about finances and all the boring stuff
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #102 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 23:01:32 »

Could you blame them if it happened though? I understand the finances but that won't stop me asking wtf is going on if he does go.
glos_robin

« Reply #103 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 23:06:31 »

Could you blame them if it happened though? I understand the finances but that won't stop me asking wtf is going on if he does go.
No I'd be completely fuming and if I saw Fitton in the street at that moment in time I'd probably lob my season ticket at him, just saying it won't purely be this board that would see everything kick off on.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 23:08:38 »

I didn't mean that any rage would be limited to this board at all. I hope nothing happens, because it could well turn seriously ugly on and off the pitch, but blimey, this place would explode.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: