Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Millwall bid for Austin  (Read 36767 times)
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 20:25:30 »

At least youll have weekends free to go to bradford Wink

No surrender.

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 20:48:48 »

The fans would go into meltdown if this happened!

Can't see it though unless they're offering big money.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 20:53:21 »

Hasn't Fitton and Co. cleared the debt?

We are still loss making, so they continue to clear the debt in a way.

But other than that, I agree. The only reason we should sell Austin is for a stupid bid. Of course the player could force the move too, but lets hope not.

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 20:53:40 »

how much would it take then folks?
JB_Swindon

« Reply #79 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 20:56:00 »

1M + I hope we can keep of charlie till at least jan. The at least we'd have time to get a replacement in... and a few more points on the board
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 20:57:22 »

1M + I hope we can keep of charlie till at least jan. The at least we'd have time to get a replacement in... and a few more points on the board

£1 m + for a bloke that was laying fucking bricks this time last year ?

You clearly are mental
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 20:58:29 »

Id be disappointed to lose him at any cost, but 1.5M up front would mean I would sort of see sense in it, 1 step back to take 2 forward - just not this season. That's assuming it was all reinvested in the team.

However I know 1 good season in league 1 does not mean he is really worth anything like that. I would say a true valuation would be 700-800K and probably that would be staggered/conditional. I'd be gutted/livid if such an offer was accepted though.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 21:00:24 »

Unless the offer is too good to refuse, the club can have my season ticket back.

We dont NEED the money, we did with Cox/Parkin, Hasn't Fitton and Co. cleared the debt? Then why sell him? Do we not have any ambition as a club?

Fitton & co had to put in shit loads of cash to buy the club and clear the debt, plus the club runs at a £3m loss each season which they have to cover. They don't want to have to keep putting more money in and I imagine they'll want their money back at some point. That is the reason we still need to sell players.

If a decent offer comes in for Austin he will be sold, I reckon it would take £2m at the moment - I rate him more than Cox plus he's got a few years on his contract. But I'd be very surprised if it happened in this transfer window as it will be too late to get a decent replacement and with Fitton wanting promotion he won't take the risk. Bizarrely, we have Pericard to thank for this as if he'd scored a few goals they'd probably think we could cope without Austin.
JB_Swindon

« Reply #83 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 21:01:34 »

Id be disappointed to lose him at any cost, but 1.5M up front would mean I would sort of see sense in it, 1 step back to take 2 forward - just not this season. That's assuming it was all reinvested in the team.

However I know 1 good season in league 1 does not mean he is really worth anything like that. I would say a true valuation would be 700-800K and probably that would be staggered/conditional. I'd be gutted/livid if such an offer was accepted though.
I agree with this. If he does leave though I hope it's next may, then we'd have time to spend the money in other areas too and hopefully do something simliar to what we did when cox left.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 21:08:54 »

whatever it is, no doubt you will then go on to tell everyone how wrong they are and that he's worth much less.

Start with the asking price of 2m and go from there.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 21:10:38 »

IMO every player has their price no matter who they are. If a sensible offer comes in, the club will definately consider it. Thats life unfortunately.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 21:16:02 »

whatever it is, no doubt you will then go on to tell everyone how wrong they are and that he's worth much less.

Start with the asking price of 2m and go from there.

if they come up with stupid amounts like 2 million then of course i will.
£750,000 is what i'd value him at right now.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 21:21:42 »

I said start the asking price at 2m, not that he was worth 2m.

I'd be fucked off if we only got £750k for him.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 21:25:53 »

the only way he would be going is if we already have another player lined up like ward maybe  Grin
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 21:26:05 »

I said start the asking price at 2m, not that he was worth 2m.

I'd be fucked off if we only got £750k for him.

Didnt Fitton last season say something along the lines of, i wont get out of bed for under 1m?

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: