Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Brentford Official Matchday Thread  (Read 30648 times)
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 19:02:57 »

No, no they dont.

Ones i've spoken too have :x

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 19:03:40 »

Mr Part time fan enjoyed today. Thought we did ok.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #182 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 19:03:58 »

Yet again a Rose mistake leads to a goal for the opposition. I do rate Rose's abillity highly- his confidence, composure and technique are brilliant for this league and would be hard to find another left back of his abillity in this league. However he does make some costly mistakes. It does seem like 'bash a Swindon defender' month but it is the reallity...
This has got to be a wind up or are you Mrs Rose? How the fuck can you say his confidence, composure and technique are brilliant for this league. All of them were lacking today as they have been the other 3 games I've seen him in. His main job is to defend and from what I've seen he's as good defensively as Kim fucking Heisleberg or whatever his fucking name was. Defensively he is utter, utter, utter fucking shit.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 19:04:31 »

No one got on Rose' back during the game.

...and it wasnt just that Pericard didnt score, more so the fact he hasnt scored, at all. I have more CG goals than Pericard.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 19:07:55 »

The game - totally dominated, although Brentford had a couple of golden opportunities, but apart from that it was all us.  Morrison was quality.  Rose will get slated, as our fans do, so there will be no way back for him now as so often happens with many of our new players, Prutton is going the same way even though I thought he was decent, and Pericard didn't score so that must mean he is shit!

There is not too much wrong, we are that close to having a team that is capable of doing something, but being Swindon fans that is not good enough and we will get on certain players back enough to ensure that our fortress of last season will turn into an achilles heal that the players will be scared to play in because the slightest fuck up will attract an uproar of derision from the town faithful, the DR stand in particular! To be fair the towned sounded good today and supported the team when they needed it.

Apologies for the Dave esk post but for the first half today I sat nearby a fat gobby twat that continued to shout abuse at the players, such as "Fuck off Prutton" and "you don't deserve your pay packets".  Funny how he went quiet when Prutton scored.

I really am getting fucked off with our so called fans!  A day out at Wembley does not give us the god given right to win every game and it is obvious that a lot of our fans know absolutely fuck all about football.

Rose did make a mistake, and didn't have the best of games, so lets get on his back.
Prutton did misplace a few passes, but then grew into the game and became our most effective midfielder, so lets get on his back.
Caddis did look like our best player until they scored and did get caught out a few times, so lets get on his back.
Pericard came on and looked half decent, gave us that option that we didn't have, but didn't score so lets get on his back.

Yes I'm in a fucked off mood so excuse the negativity, but it's not about the team, more about the muppet fans that if they don't want to support the team fuck off back to your armchairs and shout at the TV.

I agree with the match summary Berni. I actually thought our fans were alright today though. Well in the Town End they were. Got behind the team for the whole game. Gave Rose support despite his fuck up and also chanted for Pericard.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 19:09:02 »

Rose seems very uncertain to me, he gets the ball, stops, thinks about doing something, changes his mind, thinks about something else...rinse and repeat several times before actually playing the ball. It's a shame, he certainly seems to have some talent in terms of delivery, but he's been a bit of a disappointment so far.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 19:09:05 »

Were you sitting near me then?

You have probably played more CG minutes than Pericard!

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 19:10:06 »

I agree with the match summary Berni. I actually thought our fans were alright today though. Well in the Town End they were. Got behind the team for the whole game. Gave Rose support despite his fuck up and also chanted for Pericard.

Yep, like I said, the townend sounded good at the right times, the DR on the other hand.....

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 19:14:43 »

Interesting reading if a little too gloom and doom for me.  We started pretty well with Brentford hoofing it and being rushed.  Obviously Rose fucking up changed everything but I could see what he was trying to do, he just totally ballsed up the execution.  Some folk around me thought Lucas could have been a bit more aware and gone out to Rose quicker.  In fact Lucas flapped at a couple which didn't help the demeanour of the defense which was jitterly most of the game despite Morrison doing well. If I remember right Rose did the long throw which Morrison flicked on for Prutton to score, so cut him a little slack.  My big disappointment was the midfield who couldn't compete for most of the game - same as the Brighton game for me.  It so frustrating because on the odd occasion they did get it right we looked like we could have run Brentford right off the park.  What didn't work was bringing Ball on then hoofing it up to him - Pericard should have come on earlier.  BTW I think Dossevi went off because he went up for a challenge with a Brentford player who landed on his ankle.    What hasn't been mentioned was Charlie Austin's contribution to the game.  He had a few half chances and if the ball had fallen kindly, he could have had a couple.  But what impressed me was the fact that he won virtually every header he went up for, loads of flick-ons, at least 2 defensive headers from their corners, and a couple in midfield in our half.  He got through loads of work and still kept going for 90 minutes - last year he'd have been knackered at 70 minutes and subbed. 
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #189 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 19:15:00 »

Not a bad game, Pericard will score and wont be able to stop. Rose dropped a bollock but tried to make up for it. Morrison was Quality! I am pissed that is all! Smiley
oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 19:15:48 »

Positive: I ended up walking behind a fitty in skin tight leggings.

Town Fan?
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 19:17:44 »

My first game of the season today, and havent really been following TEF due to holidays etc, so I have NO preconceptions about the players...conclusions:

Prutton is NOT as bad as half of you make out....pace isnt the be all and end all. I thought he was pretty effective.

Rose, ok, silly mistake for the goal, but more generally was terrified whenever their man was attacking Rose...weak link at the moment

Pericard won pretty much everything in the air, ok its not pretty but fuck me its effective, he seemed to play one of our players in everytime it was lumped up to him.

I like the look of Dossevi, a useful asset

Thought Kennedy did well for his short time.

Rose, looks useful but also very lightweight, a little scary. Can see him just being muscled out of many games.

Generally a long way off last years standards, looking at the next 6 to 8 weeks, either this new look team gels and we get a few more useful editions, or last year was our highlight and mid table for us this year.

FInally, fair play to the  'Danny Wilsons having a party' boys in front of me in the TE today..kept me entertained for most of the match.
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 19:19:01 »

That was spacey and co. were also joining in with my Pericard revolution, i was just infront of them again on the stairs.

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 19:24:40 »

Well well well, another defensive error costs us.

Again, not much should be read into the result. For what it's worth, we played quite well, and definitely started the brighter of the two teams. Brentford did have a very good left winger, but apart from that we seemed to deal with them. Up until Rose cocked up. Why oh why he tried a diving header back i don't know, all he had to do was kick it out for a corner or throw-in, but instead he tried to completely halt Brentford's attack with a fancy diving header back which of course gifted MacDonald the goal. Whatever happened to the old cliche "when in doubt put it out"? Rose was a bit of a liability today in all honesty, was surprised he was substituted though.

Morrison did superbly, and fully warranted his motm award. Now he puts the aforementioned cliche to good use. Both him and Cuthbert were pretty solid, again no clear leader between them though. It's the first time i've seen Caddis and he did well, got forward alot and linked with JPM pretty well. He ran Morrison very close for motm for me.

Alan O'brien had another good game, his third on the trot it seems? Definitely caused problems for their old-ish right back. He was lively all match, few of his crosses were hit and miss, but put in shit loads of effort today, so can't criticize him. Douglas was his usual self, and even had a few half chances with long distance shots. Prutton annoyed me. Yes, he scored, but other than that i fail to see what he contributed. Was dispossessed on far too many occasions, and lost the ball alot.

Up top we were quiet, they marked Austin very well with that bulky Legge bloke. Dossevi was lively in the first half, but burnt himself out and might have even picked up a niggle in the second half. Pericard came on, and i was quite impressed. His last minute effort looked close, although maybe he could've squared it for Prutton. Don't blame him for going for it though.

So overall, not a bad performance but i see it as two points lost, rather than one gained. Brentford had chances, and their left winger was shit hot (apart from his open goal miss), but i feel we shaded the game and had the home advantage, so should've won. I'd bring Ferry in at Franchise next week, drop Prutton and maybe even Rose if we've signed a better option than Kennedy.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 19:37:42 »

What pissed me off more than anything was the fans on the way out saying we will be relegated this season...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: