Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Brentford Official Matchday Thread  (Read 30725 times)
stfcinbmth

« Reply #165 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 18:28:54 »

This season wont be as good as the last.i thought that before a ball was kicked this year, and i am convinced of it even more so now.
not progression as far as i can see.

Early days yet arriba. I'm trying to be positive here
pewshamrobin

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 18:32:38 »

Nasty feeling this will be the after the lord mayors show season .... unless we are able to replace paynters goals, wards contribution and Greers leadership

ewsham Robin
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 18:36:40 »

I do rate Rose's abillity highly- his confidence, composure and technique are brilliant for this league and would be hard to find another left back of his abillity in this league.

As evidenced by what, exactly ?

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 18:38:02 »

As evidenced by what, exactly ?

Stockport fans rate him highly, if that helps  Yes

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #169 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 18:42:48 »

Apart from Morrison i fail to see on positive from that. I am usually quite fair and i honestly thought what i saw today was utter  shit tbh. full backs poor whole of midfield poor and the same up front. Instead of fucking around with centre halfs just rectify the left hand side.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 18:44:08 »

Apart from Morrison i fail to see on positive from that. I am usually quite fair and i honestly thought what i saw today was utter  shit tbh. full backs poor whole of midfield poor and the same up front. Instead of fucking around with centre halfs just rectify the left hand side.

If anything it was the right hand side that went wrong today DRS. I honestly didn't think we were as bad as some are making out.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 18:47:32 »

Rose and Caddis got raped time and time again.

Douglas and Prutton sat to deep which meant JPM and AOB came inside too much and the front two didn't get any service (apart from hoof balls up from the back).

Morrision was big positive for me. Appeared to be talking to the back 4 a lot too.

I'm struggling to see where the points are coming from in the next 3 games.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 18:48:15 »

It's still early. Think we may be suffering a bit of a hangover from last season to go with the obvious problems at the back, but you only have to look at Millwall last season - who started slowly after their play off final defeat - for reasons to be positive. I think when Wilson's brought in one or two new faces & we have a settled line up, we'll be blazing.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #173 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 18:51:39 »

Rose and Caddis got raped time and time again.

Douglas and Prutton sat to deep which meant JPM and AOB came inside too much and the front two didn't get any service (apart from hoof balls up from the back).

Morrision was big positive for me. Appeared to be talking to the back 4 a lot too.

I'm struggling to see where the points are coming from in the next 3 games.

As stated previously Caddis sees himself as a winger more than a fullback.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Dozno9

« Reply #174 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 18:54:58 »

I struggle to see it with Rose he is no better that what we have here, we now have 3 left backs at the club and others who could fill that position.

Caddis is certainly a winger and not a right back.
oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 18:57:07 »

I'm surprised that I agree with most of that. On the three games I've seen this team looks like a skidmark on last years. Hints of old selves passing wise in patches, but we are far from dominant. Not sure what to do about the defence. Rose has started the season very poorly. Currently I would include Sheehan in the list of players from last season that we have not adequately replaced. Still early though. Hmmm

Today I thought Cuthbert and Caddis also decided to have shit games. If Wilson had done his homework a bit today may have been a good game to start big Kev. Their LW got by Caddis time and time again.

Must do better...
guy66

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 18:58:16 »

Rose...crap..Ball...OK...VP should have been on earlier for sure..Wish Ferry had come on

Douglas looked shaky.....Prutton, Charlie and Caddis were quality....

Quality one handed reflex save form Lucas....
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 18:59:15 »

Didn't think we looked that poor or were particularly negative tbh.

One thing that bugs the hell out of me is the lack of movement for throw-ins, how many times do we play statues with no fucker moving for the ball?

because last year that was Simon Ferrys job.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 19:00:37 »

Stockport fans rate him highly, if that helps  Yes

No, no they dont.

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 19:01:34 »

The game - totally dominated, although Brentford had a couple of golden opportunities, but apart from that it was all us.  Morrison was quality.  Rose will get slated, as our fans do, so there will be no way back for him now as so often happens with many of our new players, Prutton is going the same way even though I thought he was decent, and Pericard didn't score so that must mean he is shit!

There is not too much wrong, we are that close to having a team that is capable of doing something, but being Swindon fans that is not good enough and we will get on certain players back enough to ensure that our fortress of last season will turn into an achilles heal that the players will be scared to play in because the slightest fuck up will attract an uproar of derision from the town faithful, the DR stand in particular! To be fair the towned sounded good today and supported the team when they needed it.

Apologies for the Dave esk post but for the first half today I sat nearby a fat gobby twat that continued to shout abuse at the players, such as "Fuck off Prutton" and "you don't deserve your pay packets".  Funny how he went quiet when Prutton scored.

I really am getting fucked off with our so called fans!  A day out at Wembley does not give us the god given right to win every game and it is obvious that a lot of our fans know absolutely fuck all about football.

Rose did make a mistake, and didn't have the best of games, so lets get on his back.
Prutton did misplace a few passes, but then grew into the game and became our most effective midfielder, so lets get on his back.
Caddis did look like our best player until they scored and did get caught out a few times, so lets get on his back.
Pericard came on and looked half decent, gave us that option that we didn't have, but didn't score so lets get on his back.

Yes I'm in a fucked off mood so excuse the negativity, but it's not about the team, more about the muppet fans that if they don't want to support the team fuck off back to your armchairs and shout at the TV.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: