Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bye Bye Parkin  (Read 6401 times)
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, June 20, 2005, 13:15:56 »

That Ipswich offer looks nice. I'd rather he joined Ipswich or Norwich to be honest....

it does look good but Norwich or Ipswich wont want to be outbid by each other so it could raise the bids slightly.

Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, June 20, 2005, 13:39:48 »

If we got as much as £700k for him I'd be surprised and happy with that, Chelsea get a 1/3 according to Sandy Gray but other places have said 25%, I hope it's not 50%.
Piemonte

« Reply #47 on: Monday, June 20, 2005, 14:12:09 »

£700k is more than I thought we'd get for him. That would leave us with £462k assuming the sell on clause to Chelsea is 30%.  

Give King £100k to spend on player wages, stick the rest away for the CVA payment.
Dazzza

« Reply #48 on: Monday, June 20, 2005, 15:37:12 »

Could do a fair bit with a tasty 100k especially if it's put mainly towards the playing budget rather than to be used on transfer fees.

Perhaps that's why things haven't really progressed to much on the transfers front yet.

Perhaps we could even try and negotiate with Chelski and whoever bids to take the commission over.  Unlikely but from their point of view may mean more cash in the future if he does well at Championship level.

Shame Sheffield United are not one of the four as the chances are Luke Beckett would have been part of the deal.

King did talk about a replacement for SP if he left at the end of the season, whether or not that's still the case I don't kow.

ITFCrazee

« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2005, 17:26:24 »

Beckett is on a free transfer aint he?

Well you lot are Swindon fans, do you honestly think Parkin would be good enough fir the championship?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2005, 17:30:20 »

Without a doubt.

I honestly believe - bias aside - that Parkin would score 15-20 goals a season in a decent side in the Championship, I think he could probably do a job in the Premiership at a push.
magnum150

« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2005, 19:59:19 »

I'm sure Oldham offered £150k for Beckett
london gull

« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2005, 21:58:55 »

Quote from: "Tails"
Brighton would be a step down for Sam.

Don't think we can afford him, but I fail to see why it would be a step down.

We would only sign him on a "shortish" term contract anyway because of the stadium situation. He would put himself in the shop window at..

Selhurst Park
Elland Road
St. Marys
Vicarage Road
Carrow Road
Portman Road

Shall I go on ?

Look what happened to Darren Currie. Lower league journey man, revitalised by Brighton and signs for Ipswich.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2005, 22:04:40 »

Quote from: "london gull"
Quote from: "Tails"
Brighton would be a step down for Sam.

Don't think we can afford him, but I fail to see why it would be a step down.

We would only sign him on a "shortish" term contract anyway because of the stadium situation. He would put himself in the shop window at..

Selhurst Park
Elland Road
St. Marys
Vicarage Road
Carrow Road
Portman Road

Shall I go on ?

Look what happened to Darren Currie. Lower league journey man, revitalised by Brighton and signs for Ipswich.

No don't go on......fuck off.

:boring:
Sussex

« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2005, 22:09:38 »

It would be a step down. Thanks for popping in.

Nice pier.
magnum150

« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2005, 23:06:51 »

Nice parade of gay people.

:arsekisser:  :fag:  :piemonte:
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2005, 06:09:53 »

I reckon he'll sign for Ipswich. Joe Royle i believe is going to offer around 500k... never know might throw in a player!  Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: