Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bye Bye Parkin  (Read 6404 times)
kick_ass1987

« Reply #15 on: Saturday, June 18, 2005, 17:31:31 »

Personally if he is going, i would of liked to see him go to watford, because they are looking to do it with a part exchange, and everyone knows we need players, so over 300k + 2 players would be a good deal, take that one, please
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, June 18, 2005, 17:33:45 »

But no players will want to come as we wouldn't be able to match their Watfrod wages.
kick_ass1987

« Reply #17 on: Saturday, June 18, 2005, 17:47:42 »

well then the deal would fall through and we would keep parkin Cheesy
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, June 19, 2005, 00:01:32 »

Mayo and Jamie Smith.  Fuck off but they're both shit.  A left and a right back.

Firstly, Mayo is a journeyman rejected by club after club, and Smith is a Watford reserve.  We want Parkin.
unclemark

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, June 19, 2005, 09:42:03 »

We should start a "Keep Parkin!" petition and send it to the board once we have enough signatures.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, June 19, 2005, 09:48:28 »

Quote from: "nozza"
We should start a "Keep Parkin!" petition and send it to the board once we have enough signatures.

If you want to do some kind of lobbying or petitioning, may I humbly suggest the Borough Council could get some of your attention.

This group of Councillors largely hold the short term future of STFC in their hands......some of them probably don't even realise.....send them a letter or a petition stating why you think having a pro footballl team in the town is important.
unclemark

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, June 19, 2005, 09:56:45 »

Will do :scribe:
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, June 19, 2005, 10:51:38 »

We're not brum.  Half-bit online petitions have little value.

Basically, if he goes who can blame him, but after so many players (well 3) leaving to rival clubs in just 2 seasons it'd be a kick in the teeth to go to Brighton.  I don't want Smith or Mayo here either.
magnum150

« Reply #23 on: Sunday, June 19, 2005, 22:20:14 »

Watford would be the only club that Sam would see as attractive. he still has to agree personal terms remember.
JMH75

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, June 20, 2005, 07:58:55 »

Quote from: "Bedford Red"
Watford, Brighton or Crewe, I doubt he would go to any of them, wonder who the 4th club is. I hope if he goes it's a decent club for his sake so he can continue to be succesful. Does look more like he's going now though.

Went to a wedding at the weekend at spoke to a mate and his girlfriend. She works with Sam Parkin's sister and after asking if SSP little sis was single Wink I asked if she'd heard about any transfer stuff.

Baring in mind that this girl knows nothing about footy and to be honest she hates the game, she mentioned Ipswich.

They could well be the 4th club as they have lost Bent and Kuqi.

----------------------

I'm back!

-----------------------
unclemark

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, June 20, 2005, 10:02:39 »

I wouldn't mind him going to Ipswich.
J.D

« Reply #26 on: Monday, June 20, 2005, 10:05:22 »

I think it was on Watfords rivals.net site I saw an Ipswich fan post on the mesage board that they (ipswich) were interested in Sam. So I wouldnt be supprised if it was them.

Ipswich would be the best club for Sam IMO although he would have alot to live up to, in his first season of Championship football.
le god cuervo

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, June 20, 2005, 10:07:41 »

watford  Wink
I 8 Razor

« Reply #28 on: Monday, June 20, 2005, 10:40:24 »

i just think as soon as he goes,  we wont stop hearing about this un-earthed "gem" and he will be all over the place.

I live in kent and you dont hear anything about his 60ish goals in three seasons. If he joins a bigger club, everyone will know of him which will sort of annoy me because he's been excellent for us and everyone is like ..."sam who?Huh?"
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, June 20, 2005, 11:42:51 »

I mentioned Ipswich before the end of the season, for me that would be the ideal club for him to go to.  They always play attacking football, so he'd certainly br in the goals, they've also got the money to spend on him.  

Another good thing about a possible move to Ipswich would be the incentive add-ons to the deal - we'd be more likely to get a big sum from them for gaining promotion than any of the other clubs involved.  They may also have a couple of good young players who may be willing to come to us - even if it was on-loan for the year (making sure nothing in the deal is as weak as the Spurs' one).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: