Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs. Leyton Orient Official Matchday Thread  (Read 23951 times)
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Wednesday, August 11, 2010, 21:07:12 »

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's true though. We are 3 players away from a top 6 or even possibly top 2 side IMO.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Wednesday, August 11, 2010, 21:15:04 »

It's true though. We are 3 players away from a top 6 or even possibly top 2 side IMO.

3 players is more than 25% of the side....

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Wednesday, August 11, 2010, 21:17:43 »

a left mid,centre half and a striker short?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Wednesday, August 11, 2010, 21:18:45 »

a left mid,centre half and a striker short?

Yes. Well certainly the first 2 Arriba. The striker isn't essential but I think we could do with another because I still have doubts about Pericard and maybe Ball is too lightweight.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Wednesday, August 11, 2010, 21:20:28 »

Yes. Well certainly the first 2 Arriba. The striker isn't essential but I think we could do with another because I still have doubts about Pericard and maybe Ball is too lightweight.

It's the striker that we're missing....
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Wednesday, August 11, 2010, 21:21:46 »

It's the striker that we're missing....

Well for me it's the LM. Each to their own though. We certainly all agree that we need one of each of the 3 positions mentioned.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Wednesday, August 11, 2010, 21:30:48 »

Iffy's OB is right.  This is possibly the best squad with which we've started a season for years.

Love LJF and Cuthbert but there's not much experience there, Dossevi is neither a scorer nor a target man I fear (albeit in the right role he could be quality and that's no criticism but it could become one of DW if he doesn't recognize that)  and however fast O'Brien may be is not really a footballer and that means he will never be a consistent contributor.

So yes, agreed, get a striker, a wide left-sided player, an experienced centre back, perhaps on loan and we'll have a top squad.

I'm still a bit concerned by talk about gelling, about being a player or two short and all that is a bit of an excuse.  The season has started and we need to be grinding out results now (as other teams with arguably less able individuals must) and that is down to Danny and the mental strength and culture he instils.

Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #292 on: Wednesday, August 11, 2010, 22:30:53 »

Good post.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Thursday, August 12, 2010, 08:18:15 »

Some people just need to chill out!

Has anyone got a picture of a panic button?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: