Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs. Leyton Orient Official Matchday Thread  (Read 23935 times)
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Wednesday, August 11, 2010, 15:52:41 »

It should be noted that the last time we lost the first 2 home games was 99/00. This coincidentally included losing to Leyton Orient in the LC....we got relegated.

But we went into admin after few months of the season in 99/00, which I cannot see happening now.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Wednesday, August 11, 2010, 15:58:02 »

It also has to be said that in 85/86 we lost at home 1-0 to Wrexham 1st game of the season, followed by a 4-1 defeat at the hands of Hereford, then only 2 wins in the next 6 games and we went on to win the division with record 102 points.

Fucking doom and gloom does my head in.

Nevertheless, it should be reported, that in 85/86 we sandwiched 2 opening league defeats by winning 2-1 at Torquay in the LC.....David Moss scoring his last goal for the Town some 13 years after the first...

It was this bit of impetus provided by then beating Sunderland and Wendies, which got our season going.

In fact the last time we opened with a home league defeat backed by a home LC lose was 74/75.

A decent season, but we got on a good run straight after those 2 defeats only losing one more game at home.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 11, 2010, 16:13:23 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Wednesday, August 11, 2010, 16:41:29 »

Nevertheless, it should be reported, that in 85/86 we sandwiched 2 opening league defeats by winning 2-1 at Torquay in the LC.....David Moss scoring his last goal for the Town some 13 years after the first...

It was this bit of impetus provided by then beating Sunderland and Wendies, which got our season going.

In the first eight games of the 85/86 season we won 2 and drew 1.September was even worse
than August and our league season only got going with the win over Exeter at the beginning of
October.

Macari had brought in some older players,but when things weren't going correctly,he wasn't afraid to
make changes.

It's obviously a vastly different era and players hold the power and Wilson has the difficulty of dealing
with the transfer window.I know he's looking for players,but it's a case of finding the right ones at
the right prices.Wilson like Macari won't be afraid to make changes if he feels it's correct to do so.

Have some faith guys!
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 11, 2010, 16:43:35 by alanmayes » Logged

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #273 on: Wednesday, August 11, 2010, 16:42:57 »

We'll have to disagree and leave it there.
I don't think so Batch. Check your voicemail i have left you loads of messages telling you.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Wednesday, August 11, 2010, 16:55:03 »

In the first eight games of the 85/86 season we won 2 and drew 1.September was even worse
than August and our league season only got going with the win over Exeter at the beginning of
October.

Macari had brought in some older players,but when things weren't going correctly,he wasn't afraid to
make changes.

It's obviously a vastly different era and players hold the power and Wilson has the difficulty of dealing
with the transfer window.I know he's looking for players,but it's a case of finding the right ones at
the right prices.Wilson like Macari won't be afraid to make changes if he feels it's correct to do so.

Have some faith guys!

didnt we get thrashed 6-2 by Blackpool in that run-or was that a different season?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Wednesday, August 11, 2010, 17:05:06 »

didnt we get thrashed 6-2 by Blackpool in that run-or was that a different season?

Following season Adje.Macari realised that Kenny Allen and David Cole weren't up to life
in what is now League 1 and replaced them with Fraser and new arrival Tim Parkin.

I can remember seeing the first home game with Notts County and realising this,but i suppose
that Lou wanted to be loyal to the players from our record breaking previous season.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Wednesday, August 11, 2010, 17:12:58 »

I don't think so Batch. Check your voicemail i have left you loads of messages telling you.

Then you leave me no choice. I will now leaflet drop your house.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Wednesday, August 11, 2010, 17:49:10 »

Last season's optimism has worn off already then, eh Reg?

I'm as disappointed as everybody else on here with our start to the season, but it's a bit fucking early to start talking about relegation.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Wednesday, August 11, 2010, 17:50:19 »

We've got too much quality to go down. What we don't need though is a winless run of games or only a few wins between now and October as we'll be playing catch up again.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Wednesday, August 11, 2010, 19:15:51 »

Last season's optimism has worn off already then, eh Reg?

I'm as disappointed as everybody else on here with our start to the season, but it's a bit fucking early to start talking about relegation.

I'm just pointing out an interesting stat....the other season between 74/75 and 99/00 when we lost the first 2 home games was 93/94.  Of course, that season it was 2 league games as we didn't enter the LC until R2.....we got relegated.... Angry

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Wednesday, August 11, 2010, 19:24:37 »

that's it then.we're doomed
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Wednesday, August 11, 2010, 19:25:37 »

that's it then.we're doomed

Could you say that twice please in a scottish accent.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Wednesday, August 11, 2010, 19:28:02 »

Millwall started slowly last season after play off final defeat. they ended up alright.

If we're still bottom half come november i'll start to worry. Not yet though

Things get better but they never get good
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Wednesday, August 11, 2010, 21:00:41 »

Millwall started slowly last season after play off final defeat. they ended up alright.

If we're still bottom half come november i'll start to worry. Not yet though

It took 6 games before Millwall lost at West Ham in the LC....they only lost 1home all season, like we only lost 2.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Wednesday, August 11, 2010, 21:04:37 »

We've got too much quality to go down. 

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: