Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bad News? Renamed - Paul Mitchell  (Read 4210 times)
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, June 15, 2005, 10:58:10 »

Paul Mitchell?

http://www.thisisstfc.co.uk/News_Headlines_Story.asp?NewsID=4444
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, June 15, 2005, 10:59:15 »

he wasn't that bad.  He started off well enough
Piemonte

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, June 15, 2005, 11:01:14 »

what does the link say? Work are being gay and stopping me acessing thisis......

I thought Mitchell was totally average. we could do worse, but also better :?
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, June 15, 2005, 11:01:23 »

I just don't see the point in signing him.  I didn't think he look good really, and with Lapham and Jenks vying for right back/wing back this suggest he may be looking to have Mitchell play in midfield.
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, June 15, 2005, 11:02:33 »

Here you go PM - this means you can't beat me any more! :twisted:

EXCLUSIVE: ANDY King has talked to Wigan Athletic defender Paul Mitchell about a permanent switch to the County Ground.

The 23-year-old, made seven loan appearances for Town at the start of last season before spending much of the campaign with Franchise.

No official offer has been put to the player at this stage while Danny Wilson’s outfit have dangled a two-year contract in front of the player.

King said: “I have spoken to Paul and also his agent but I understand that Danny Wilson is also very keen to have him.

“I know he enjoyed his time here but he also thinks a lot of Danny Wilson.

“He’s someone we obviously know at this football club and he’s played a lot of games at this level.”

Mitchell is primarily a defender but he can also push forward into midfield when required.

King has revealed that Mitchell is not the only name on his Wigan ‘wanted’ list.

While the Mitchell deal could yet materialise, his second Wigan target is now a non-starter.

Out of contract Jason Jarrett has been offered a new three-year deal by the Premiership new boys but is set to move elsewhere.

The 25-year-old made just four Championship starts for the Latics last season, making 10 appearances from the bench.

King said: “I’m not really looking at the loan situation at this stage but Jason Jarrett is someone I would have liked to have here.

“He’s someone I remember watching during his days with Bury before he moved on to Wigan.

“I understand he’s going to join Norwich City though. Somehow I doubt we would be able to compete with them.”

King has also revealed how he made ‘cheeky’ inquiries for former Sunderland duo Paul Thirwell and John Oster.

He said: “It was more because they are mates of mine than anything else.

“Although funnily enough Alan Reeves bumped into them in Las Vegas where he’s on holiday.”

While neither of the above players will be joining Town, King is working hard behind the scenes to try and secure fresh faces.

He said: “I have four or five meetings set up with players that I want to talk to this week.”
le god cuervo

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, June 15, 2005, 11:02:49 »

i thought he was pretty good when he was here on loan. i would rather see him playing right back than kyle lapham. its good that he can play in midfield aswell.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, June 15, 2005, 11:02:50 »

He was a revelation at MK when played in midfield, going on what I've read.
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, June 15, 2005, 11:11:42 »

OK, I've just spoken to a mate at work who went to see the Dons a lot last season, he said that he played as a DM, just in front of the defence.

Apparently he was one of their better players, very defensive, and also very well disciplined.

If we do get him, then maybe he will provide the steel we need.  In which case I will take back what I said earlier.
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, June 15, 2005, 11:18:16 »

Think we are going to need anyone we can get next season so I am not to worried
Dazzza

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, June 15, 2005, 11:24:40 »

Quite liked the look of him when he was here and did well for the franchise.

Not that I would begrudge him it, but it would be a bit of a farce if the board went on to offer him a two year deal to match franchise's offer.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, June 15, 2005, 11:25:27 »

Lets face it if its a choice between a year here and 2 at the Dongs.....he's going to take the Dongs.
McLovin

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, June 15, 2005, 11:28:44 »

He always used to be a midfielder, until Kingy rebadged him as a full back.

He's got to be better than Hewlett was/Pook is...
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, June 15, 2005, 11:29:11 »

Reasons to stay in MK - new ground being built as we speak, Ikea being built next door to the ground as we speak (match days are going to be very busy round that area).

Reasons for going to Swindon - Reg lives there.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, June 15, 2005, 11:41:57 »

I have met Mitchell, had a little chat about players who kick people, decent sort of cove.  I may have put him off.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, June 15, 2005, 11:42:42 »

He wasn't a bad player, could be useful next season. Cheeky offers for Thirlwell and Oster too!  Soapy Tit Wank  imagine if they signed...
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: