Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Norwegian Wembley Update  (Read 5242 times)
NorwayRed
Not quite Hitler

Ignore
« on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 13:46:34 »

I just arrived back home after an intense and great weekend at Wembley. We arrived from Paddington to Wembley Central around 12 am and I went straight to the ticket office to pick up our tickets.

Then me and my mate Vegar met up with the other norwegian fans - berswin who I hadn't seen since our trip to Swindon in 93/94 and his girfriend, and a fellow Swindon-fan from Oslo named Stian.

We got into the ground and saw the spectacular stadium - nothing like it in Norway - and the impressive numbers of food and beer outsales.

We had some pre-match beer and berswin pulled out his norwegian flag - which none really noticed, except a couple of other norwegians that also were on the game - they were neutrals but sat in the Swindon section as well.

We found our seats and prepered for the game. The atmosphere was great, but to be honest I think the Millwall fans sounded a bit louder from were we sat. We didn't know any other songs then the regulars, but we tried to follow when the crowd around us sang.

The game were nervewracking, but sadly Millwall won. They were the best team on the day, I hate to admit. I think Swindon Town was a too little direct/too slow when attacking. Short passes are lovely to watch, but Millwall made the difference with speed forward.

I felt bad for Charlie Austin missing his sitter - we all couldn't believe it - but chin up, Charlie, you've had a brilliant season!

We clearly missed Gordon Greer at the back, and I must say that Lescinel Jean-Francois was our weakest player saturday - very insecure with his feet and his resolution is bad. I think Danny Wilson should let him go really, since he's out of contract.

After the game we went to a Swindon allocated pub by Wembley Central and had a good laugh even though we were heartbroken about the loss. Congratulations to Millwall. Swindon Town will come back stronger next season, as Danny Wilson also summed it up.

Chin up, fans and players - come on you Reds and thanks for a brilliant day!

The Norwegians

NorwayRed Smiley

* norwegians.jpg (134.23 KB, 755x1007 - viewed 114 times.)

* norwegians2.jpg (92.21 KB, 777x583 - viewed 86 times.)

Ran the fanclub: Swindon Town Supporters Club of Norway between 1992 and 1998. Now runs the non-commercial online website for Norwegian Swindon-fans.

Twitter: duncanshearer
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 13:55:16 »

Glad you enjoyed your trip despite the poor performance and result! Hopefully you'll be able to come over for more of a celebration next season!
shady

Free the Etuhu one!!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 14:00:27 »

Well done guys. Pure commitment. Shame we showed such lack of ambition on pitch, but all in all we can salute the efforts the team made over the course of a thoroughly enjoyable season. Yesterday's dissapointments won't obscure from the fact we've done bloody well.

Hope to see you all in future.
SarumRed

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 14:02:49 »

Shame we took one hell of a beating.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 14:34:33 »

Good one Cool
Mark Hanrahan

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 14:36:34 »

Great effort fellas! Come back next year when we'll be a far more viable option for the big step up.

"Great save, Digby."
Mudfish

E-I-E-I-E-I-O

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 16:12:21 »

The game were nervewracking, but sadly Millwall won.

Was that the case? 

E-I-E-I-E-I-O UP THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE WE GO!
NorwayRed
Not quite Hitler

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 16:13:12 »

haha, that's a norwegian classic!

Ran the fanclub: Swindon Town Supporters Club of Norway between 1992 and 1998. Now runs the non-commercial online website for Norwegian Swindon-fans.

SarumRed

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 16:20:13 »

haha, that's a norwegian classic!

I have to say that is the only time I have enjoyed losing a game. CLASS. Because it was a complement.
SarumRed

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 16:27:10 »

Looked it up. Compliment. I think.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 16:43:05 »

sorry you guys came such a long way for such a poor game from towns point of view. I hope next time isn't 17 years away and we can meet up for a few beers. you have a few new friends on this board, stay in touch.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 17:52:05 »

hope the whole experience wasn't terrible.

i think it's fairly safe to say that if you make it over for a game next season, you'll be made very welcome.
NorwayRed
Not quite Hitler

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 18:22:52 »

We definitely will try to visit again sometime soon. Maybe next season in Swindon for a home game if it fits the bill and all of us can work out a weekend where we can meet up again and go to see a game.

The norwegian Swindonfans should really be able to make an annual thing out of travelling over to see a game - since the tickets for flights aren't that expensive to London anymore! It's just to fit the timing and pay off the missus!  Cool

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 19:27:31 »

i think it's fairly safe to say that if you make it over for a game next season, you'll be made very welcome.
Abso-ferking-lutely
The norwegian Swindonfans should really be able to make an annual thing out of travelling over to see a game - since the tickets for flights aren't that expensive to London anymore! It's just to fit the timing and pay off the missus!  Cool
As long as you can sort out your Icelandic brethren and have a word with them about that bleeding volcano
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 20:09:12 »

you can sleep on my sofa if you bring a six month supply of brunost
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: