Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Norwegian Wembley Update  (Read 5238 times)
NorwayRed
Not quite Hitler

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 20:30:47 »

you can sleep on my sofa if you bring a six month supply of brunost

haha! Then you'll be the second foreigner I'm bringing brunost. The first one was David Lynch!  Eat

Ran the fanclub: Swindon Town Supporters Club of Norway between 1992 and 1998. Now runs the non-commercial online website for Norwegian Swindon-fans.

Twitter: duncanshearer
NorwayRed
Not quite Hitler

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 20:31:45 »

Pre Match Photo from where I sat:

* før kamp.jpg (136.51 KB, 800x600 - viewed 98 times.)

Ran the fanclub: Swindon Town Supporters Club of Norway between 1992 and 1998. Now runs the non-commercial online website for Norwegian Swindon-fans.

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 20:33:28 »

brunost is the best thing ever. no surprise that the great auteur david lynch likes it too.

i got dizzy just looking at that photo.
NorwayRed
Not quite Hitler

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 20:38:51 »

David ate big chunks without bread, like it was some delicate french dessert cheese. He said it tasted like butterscotch !

berswin

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 15:51:48 »

It was a great experience to see Swindon play at Wembley, and we'll come back to see them play again.

My missus liked the trip as well, some due to the football and some due to shopping in London on Friday.  Even if the trip cost me around 1000£ (I bought the trip for her), I'll be back for more.

Norwegian Swindon supporter since 1989
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 15:54:24 »

Glad you enjoyed it.

Hope she made it worth your while Wink
berswin

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 16:08:29 »

Glad you enjoyed it.

Hope she made it worth your while Wink

She did in a very generous way Cheesy

Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 17:07:59 »

Fair play to all you Norway reds. Show some of the locals what it's like to really support a team.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
One F In Fitton

« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 21:49:22 »

Impressed with you guys & girls, & it's good to have you in our 'family'.

Also your use of the word 'missus' makes me smile - I thought that was just an English slang thing.
JanTheMan

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 22:59:10 »

Brilliant effort.

Apologies for the awful atmosphere - It was the worst i've ever experienced at a town match.  It's not normally like that
berswin

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 07:47:09 »

It beat the atmosphere at any matches for my local team IK Start who are in the Norwegian Premier League. 

I've been to a few matches in England from Macclesfield-Hartlepool with 1700 spectators to ManUtd-Everton at Wembley with 90.000 spectators and there haven't been a particular better sound level at the PL-matches either.

At San Siro last easter, 55.000 AC Milan supporters were so silend, so you would probably be able to hear a bird fart during the match.

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 08:04:12 »

Berswin - if only you'd been at Charlton on May 17th!

We (the fans) are beating ourselves up at the moment about our collective failure to create proper vocal backing for the team at Wembley.  But what we're forgetting is that just weeks before we did a great job in both legs of the semi finals (comfortably out-singing Charlton on both occasions).  The night at the Valley is one of the best I can remember in recent times.  Electric atmosphere.

We can do it...it just didn't work out on Saturday.
berswin

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 08:15:14 »

I watched both matches at tv in Norway (a football pub in Kristiansand has almost all available football-channels) and I totally agree with you.

My experience is that there seems to be a louder crowd at away matches as there are more supporters and fewer spectators, in contrast to home matches where the numbers are opposite.  And when 30.000+ supporters travel to Wembley, many are not used to sing their hearts out for the team and expects to be entertained rather that participate in generating an atmosphere.  It sucks, but it happens all over the football-world Sad

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 11:25:22 »

I watched both matches at tv in Norway (a football pub in Kristiansand has almost all available football-channels) and I totally agree with you.

It was better at the valley than it sounded on TV. They put the microphone in front of the Charlton fans.

i agree with you, away games are always better for vocal support.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 12:11:31 »

the noise from the town fans completely drowned out the charlton fans when i watched it on telly
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: